Hot Toys Major Dutch and the whole team now official?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Right, that what I meant in terms of likeness that licensing is the reason that the Terminator head was unrecognizable.

The only ones I want from P1 are Dutch and the Pred so I'm watching intently on what they release. If the offering isn't top notch like their Brando I'm hoping that a talented customizer like Darren per se would be able to recast his amazing Arnie likeness in a head that'd easily go onto the HT joint....

I'm holding out for good things here, but Dutch is probably the only one I'll get since they'll likely average $100 and I'm not attached to any of them enough to spend that much, but Dutch and Predator are key, so hopefully they will have rights.

No Mac? I'll bleed ya, real bad.

No Billy? Ha-Ha-ha!

No Dillon? That's a bull**** psyche job.

No Blain with the mini-gun? BRRRRRR-RAP!!!!

No Billy? Ha-Ha-ha!

No Poncho? You got time to duck?

No Hawkins? Geez you got a big *****! Geez you got a big *****!

No Billy? Ha-Ha-ha!

It's not so much that I don't want these guys, it's just I don't want them/not a fan of them enough to put them before other things I collect.

I collect Star Wars, LOTR, Terminator, Aliens, Predator, Pirates of the Caribbean and Rambo. Most of those lines are going strong and I'd rather not spend money on say Mac and then have to pass on a Barbossa from Pirates or something like that. First and foremost I'm a Star Wars collector and as strong as Sideshow's moving with that stuff, I have a feeling they're going to get a lot of my money. If money were no object, I'd get the entire team from Predator, but on a budget, the Dutch-Predator showdown is irresistable.

No Billy? Ha-Ha-ha!

You forgot Hawkins. Anyone know what the big contribution to society the actor playing Hawkins did?

That's it!

He wrote Lethal Weapon. Hawkins was played by no other than screenwriter Shane Black. Without him there would be no Lethal Weapon 1,2,3, or 4.

I realy hope they make a good dutch figure, it would be my first arnie figure... i just hope he's not on a muscle body. Or if he is, they improve it's articulation from the Dutch figure's muscle body. a 15-20 Degree rotation just is not enough for such a physical character.

Oh well. even if they do go with a muscle body, i suppose i can swap it to a reg body.

That's it!

He wrote Lethal Weapon. Hawkins was played by no other than screenwriter Shane Black. Without him there would be no Lethal Weapon 1,2,3, or 4.

he has an interesting biography.............i guess in the hollywood screenwriters circles he would be considered "the man" for price he fetched for his writings.

He redefined the buddy cop movie and the influence of the Lethal Weapon series speaks for itself.

Heh, maybe they'll give us a "muddy dutch" version that hides his likeness... seriously, though, it must be hard having to deal w/ character likenesses whose portraying actors have moved on in other directions since an 80's film, and have blown up so big it takes a ton of extra effort to get their scanned face at all;
newer movies nowadays are expected to have toy licenses, but there must be complications getting rights to produce an actor's face based off of a role whose fame for it has dwindled since the movie left theatres (let's face it, while Sigourney will always be seen as "Ripley", Au-nolde is usually referred to as the Terminator... though, of course, Predator is my favorite between the two); I suppose there's also a chance that getting the rights to produce merchandise from a film and getting an actor's likeness as they are NOW, when they may no longer affiliate themselves w/ the same companies even (I'm talking generally) might make two entirely sepparate and EXPENSIVE buiseness transactions... hmmm... HOT TOYS' stuff is only getting better and better, so I'm not TOO concerned...

That's it!

OMG! I never knew that at all! That's awesome! :rock

I think I'm going to have to rewatch Predator soon, what with all of these Predator figures coming out. I think at the very most I'd get a Dutch figure, and even that's a little doubtful.

Back