Hot Toys M-Icon Michael Jackson SMOOTH CRIMINAL!!!-Teaser

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah well spotted, dude! :hi5:

every interview i see with howard, he seems to mention star wars somewhere. on that page he says the kenner stuff is what got him into figures as a kid. and the caption of the pic with MJ in it says his desk is cluttered with star wars stuff (although i can't spot any)... i don't think he's gonna rest until HT get a proper crack at 1/6 SW. it's gonna happen one day for sure.

Something like this is a must.

How long could magnets like that last? You would still need a stand that could support the position, otherwise that's a lot of leaning pressure just on the ankles and some magnets, which would eventually wear over time.

Hollow out the legs so it is possible to put metal rods up them and into the stand, for the leaning pose.

Removeable, so you can bend the knees at will.

I think it's going to involve rods too. Even if you glued or nailed the feet of your average HT figure to a table it's still not going to be able to lean properly or hold permanently. I really don't see how magnets could work for something like this.

I think it's going to involve rods too. Even if you glued or nailed the feet of your average HT figure to a table it's still not going to be able to lean properly or hold permanently. I really don't see how magnets could work for something like this.
x2 :exactly:

How long could magnets like that last? You would still need a stand that could support the position, otherwise that's a lot of leaning pressure just on the ankles and some magnets, which would eventually wear over time.

I just meant something that could achieve the effect.

I was thinking they could have a separate stand that has the shoes sculpted to the base, much like the T-1000 in Sarah Connor disguise.

Yeah, we are want him -
image.php

I don't think they released production numbers, but probably not very rare. It was just victim to the hysteria following MJ's death, when everyone started scooping up those that were available and jacking up the price.

I saw the Billie Jean one before MJ's death and wanted it. I didn't have the money for it on hand, but I figured they weren't going to disappear anytime soon. Then MJ passed and they blew up. I started looking hard for one quick cause I knew as time would pass they'd get even more expensive. The cheapest ones I found were in the 600 dollar ranger. Way out of my range and still is to this day. It's sad, but that's capitalism for ya.

That is very sad indeed, i remember that i was ready to buy it and then the good man passed away. I looked it up and the price was like what...500-1000 euros, ridiculous. Some even had the nerve to ask 5,000 for it on ebay. Sigh..at the end of the day though, the sculpt of the head wasn't that good at all really, so it would only look really cool if the pose was where MJ touches his hat and looking to the ground.

As for this figure....i surely hope we'll get to see something of the Smooth Criminal one, but probably not anymore this year.

Honestly the Billie Jean MJ is hot toy's worst MJ, I'd like it only to have a complete collection but since I don't have it I'm picking and choosing, i know stupid logic to some but i figure some crazy fellow collectors can rationalize with me.

Back