Hot Toys Luke vs SSC Boba

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

which one are you excited for the most?

• Total voters
Hi there, have been lurking for a while but finally decided to register just so I could vote in this poll (Luke). Although I've got Luke, Boba Fett and IG-88 on order and I'm not a big Luke fan, the quality of the sculpt, PERS and extras make this a really cool release. Definitely looking forward to posing him on the weather vane and hoping for some Bespin environments from SSC to flesh out the display.

PS - I'd have to disagree with the comment that the hype around the Luke release is related to its expense. The Medi Han Solo is around the same price and in my opinion looks awful from the neck up. Face looks way too wide and the expression looks terrible. Definitely hoping that Han is in the works from HT and that they get much closer to Ford's likeness.

I dunno. I don't think people are considering how significant it is to have what is unarguably the best producer of action figures these days finally having the opportunity to create a product line out of the biggest toy franchise around.

seriously....

2 awesome characters in the same yr.both from awesome companies.
1 that makes awesome figures.
1 that makes awesome figures and has great customer service.

either way...we win!

I dunno. I don't think people are considering how significant it is to have what is unarguably the best producer of action figures these days finally having the opportunity to create a product line out of the biggest toy franchise around.

Medicom is making Iron Man figures???

2012 is going to be utter madness. I mean, all these childhood loves being made in figure form is bloody fantastic. Personally I can't wait for Boba but if HT tweaks the sculpt then I'm all over Luke

I always liked Boba Fett, as a cool character, but as far as figure quality goes, Luke wins hands down out of sheer awesomeness. At least Fett is not likely to disappoint since SS seems to be wisely staying away from their weaker points, like human faces. If HT can get quality paint app from their factory, why can't SS do the same?

I will buy the Fett figure, but honestly, the figure does not impress me that much, compared to other figures in recent memory.

I always liked Boba Fett, as a cool character, but as far as figure quality goes, Luke wins hands down out of sheer awesomeness. At least Fett is not likely to disappoint since SS seems to be wisely staying away from their weaker points, like human faces. If HT can get quality paint app from their factory, why can't SS do the same?

I will buy the Fett figure, but honestly, the figure does not impress me that much, compared to other figures in recent memory.

I have not gotten a SS figure in quite sometime (Vader) So i don't know if the quality of their figures has improved much. (Vader was good) I know the recent medi fett (ROTJ) is absolutely bad-ass and will be hard to top. I will say this, IF the SS Fett looks like the proto pics and don't have loose joints and bad weathering/paint etc. it will top the Medi Fett (and that is a great figure)

/cross fingers.

I'm definitely getting both, Boba being my favourite character i couldn't miss that, and the HT luke is just too damn beautiful to pass up!

That scene always pops into my mind immediately whenever I hear the word "winners". :lol

I went with Fett, and he is actually the only one I'm getting. I mentioned in his thread, that I think the DX Luke looks like a great set (even with the too-pretty face), but have never felt much of a desire to get into the SW humans.

And gotta love that poll - with this many responses, I wonder what other poll on here was similarly close.

I wonder if the results of this poll could be at all affected by....

1. The price of Luke being so far out of reach for many collectors on this board that it creates a hostility element to the vote, preventing them from being judged on their own merits.

2. Some on here, who shall remain nameless, seem to either harbor a grudge against Hot Toys or have such a devotion to Sideshow that they are unwilling to accept anything but Sideshow.

Because as much as I like Fett, I cannot fathom why anybody would pick that Fett over that Luke. I think Fett is awesome, but I am not so sure this is a definitive Fett. I think there is room for improvement.

I am sure when the final products are released, we will hear people's true feelings.

In the meantime, I will enjoy my sour grapes.

I just per-ordered both today. I am more excited about the Bespin Luke though. This Hot Toys version makes my sideshow version look like Howdy Doody. Bespin Luke sneaking around the halls of Bespin in the most iconic and nostalgic image of Star Wars for me, so "Howdy Doody" just won't cut it anymore. My old sideshow figure is just a placeholder for the new Hot Toys version. (This is not a diss to sideshow- For the most part I am happy with the sideshow figures I have.)

Interestingly enough I just could not talk myself into replacing my sideshow Indy with the New Hot Toys figure even if it is an upgrade. It is just too expensive. The Bespin is too- but I probably am going to recoup half the cost by selling one of the Lukes.

As for Boba, I actually have been pretty happy with a 12" hasbro version for a long time, but thought "why not". I am sure I will like this new Sideshow version better (if the arms don't look too skinny in hand), I just hope I like it better to the same degree that it cost more.

im getting both..
although i already voted,there is no winner here but all of us.
we all get what we want.
Boba Fett
Luke Bespin updated.
win/win.

Back