HOT TOYS: Lost Predator Predator 2 Poseable Model Kit

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm really happy for all of you Pred fans, but I'm even happier that I don't feel the urge to buy all of these fantastic preds!
I'm having a hard time keeping up as it is...

try collecting alien , terminator , predator , rambo , robocop , star wars....:monkey1:monkey1
:lol

Its hard... :monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

I'm pretty sure it's this one...

hottoyslosthunter.gif

losthunter.jpg

That looks friggin awesome!

allright, a lost hunter. its a good thing i havent preordered machiko, ill get the pred instead, even though they didnt get much screen time they were still very cool characters imo........bring it!!!!!!!

try collecting alien , terminator , predator , rambo , robocop , star wars....:monkey1:monkey1
:lol

Its hard... :monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

Damn, that's a lot!
I'm only into 1/6 scale figures really, so that narrows things down a lot (although I do make exceptions for cool aliens).
Also, my main focus is on the Alien and Predator franchises, with priority on Alien. I also collect SW and LOTR, pretty selectively though.
Other than that, some forays into Kerberos, WWII, romans and medieval (Ignite).
Come to think of it, damn, that's a lot! :lol

As much as i dread the wait for HT P1 to finally be released, guess i'll hav to get this to satisfy my cravings atm.. its a true pred from the series, n we love them all anws :monkey5

Just when I thought I had my budget all planned out nicely, Hot Toys has to come and tear up my balance sheets. Now, its back to the drawing boards. The Borg Pred is a must-get for me.

Kinda weak since the lost hunters are basically all P2 variations (minus the elder who was a P1 variation). The Borg Pred at least has that chest armor to be somewhat distinct, but he's still basically P2. Same exact head, same leg/knee armor, same shoulder armor, same waist armor with minor variations. Gort and Ram, the only differences between them and P2 is their Bio and Skin Color. Is Hot Toys really that desperate to rehash their Predator 2 parts!? They should at least discount them.

Kinda weak since the lost hunters are basically all P2 variations (minus the elder who was a P1 variation). The Borg Pred at least has that chest armor to be somewhat distinct, but he's still basically P2. Same exact head, same leg/knee armor, same shoulder armor, same waist armor with minor variations. Gort and Ram, the only differences between them and P2 is their Bio and Skin Color. Is Hot Toys really that desperate to rehash their Predator 2 parts!? They should at least discount them.

...yet how many people have it VERY clear they want them?

Yeah, a LOT of people.

Yeah.. if people want them and are willing to pay for them, cool. I think everyone knows that the lost hunters are P2 rehashes. It's not a secret. Still lame. And ALL those same people want the first Predator more. Yet this comes first.

And what's wrong with that?

Predator is going to be the HOTTEST selling one yet, and all these others are doing is making them more money, and attracting more collectors.

Do I think they should get it over with? In terms of me wanting it, YES, but do I think they're smart in saving what'll be the best for last?

Not at all.

Look at Scar, and look at Wolf, Hot Toys have come a LONG way with improving the line. I'm down for them to wait a year and perfect the Predator's as much as they can before releasing the original.

So you would pay $130 to $200 for a repainted P2 with a Gort Bio? And another $130 to $200+ for a repainted P2 with a Ram bio? If so cool. Do you. I think it's stupid and sad personally. If they were discounted.. heavily discounted then yeah, since they're using almost everything from their P2 figure. But imo it's just a quick and easy way to wallet rape you rabid collectors. If you don't mind though.. there's no problem.

If the change to the figure is big enough, I'll buy them.

You make it sound like they'll repaint the bodies and pump out the EXACT same thing with a new paint job.

Hot Toys are better than that, and if not, they'll prove me wrong, and I'll keep my money.

Well wait.. that's what the lost hunters are. They're P2 with a different paint job and minor differences like Bio, or gauntlets, etc. But at the core, they're all P2. If HT does something dramatically different then the opposite arguement gets made from people who want "Screen Accurate" versions. You can't have it both ways.

So you would pay $130 to $200 for a repainted P2 with a Gort Bio? And another $130 to $200+ for a repainted P2 with a Ram bio? If so cool. Do you. I think it's stupid and sad personally. If they were discounted.. heavily discounted then yeah, since they're using almost everything from their P2 figure. But imo it's just a quick and easy way to wallet rape you rabid collectors. If you don't mind though.. there's no problem.
Well, assuming that they're screen accurate, what else would you want them to do? It's not like many, many toy lines where the toy company "invents" a character just to sell a repaint; this is what the producers of the movie decided to do at the time. Also, it's not like anyone is ofrcing anyone to buy this.

Sure, people with a "completist" mindset will feel compelled to buy it, but I think that's more of a manifestation of OCD than Hot Toys' problem.

In any case, looks pretty neat. Not sure I'll grab it, it's somewhat further down the list of priority buying than Machiko (which is something truly different).

You make it sound like they'll repaint the bodies and pump out the EXACT same thing with a new paint job. Hot Toys are better than that, and if not, they'll prove me wrong, and I'll keep my money.

A Predator is a Predator, if they look good enough, I'll buy them. The end.

That's a contradiction. smh.

Anyways, since you seem interested in these let me ask you and anyone else a question: Would you care if the new lost hunter figure (or ALL if they release more) was like Wolf (body wise)? I'm assuming most people will want to display them next to their P2 and Elder, which are both similar body wise while Wolf is pretty skinny.

what else would you want them to do?
um.. nothing. Just stating an opinion. That's still ok to do in America, right?

That's a contradiction. smh.

Anyways, since you seem interested in these let me ask you and anyone else a question: Would you care if the new lost hunter figure (or ALL if they release more) was like Wolf (body wise)? I'm assuming most people will want to display them next to their P2 and Elder, which are both similar body wise while Wolf is pretty skinny.

um.. nothing. Just stating an opinion. That's still ok to do in America, right?

No, it wasn't a contradiction, I was saying if the look is good, and they make good on the variations, I'll buy them. They were all in the same clan, obviously they'll have SOME similarities.

Then I said a Predator is a Predator, when you said they were all the same minus the paint-ups, and some gear. The the heart of it, every Predator is the same. Four mandibles, arms, legs, a head, dreadlocks, and some gear.

Just like the five I have, they are all different, but the same creature.

I would love some slight height differences, and some different bodys. I don't think every Lost Hunter was a duplicate of the P2 or 1 mold.

Having the AVP and Scar, with Predator 2, P2 Elder, and Wolf does look awesome. Just like people, they have their own differences.

EDIT: And that first part you quoted, I still stay true to what I said, if they RERELEASED p2 with new paint jobs, and the exact same armor, I wouldn't ^^^^ing buy them.

Last edited:
Back