1/6 Hot Toys - Knights of Ren [SPECULATION]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These guys were always IMO the most interesting part of TFA. JJ better give them a significant part in the movie. But we know by now how Disney Wars rolls.

So. After seeing the movie i guess it's safe to say this will never happen. Not that anybody would want it to, considering their "role" in the final movie ... underwhelming appearance is a weak description.

They played more than I thought they would but still I got no sense of any of them individually. They were just random black-clad thugs, sometimes five, sometimes six... could have been stormtroopers.

Likely the only designs from TROS that I would consider though (maybe Bliss). But never -- ever -- plan to get all 5/6 from HT.

I'm sure they will. They made lobster guards
Spoiler Spoiler:

i don't know. i see them as a gang and i could not bring myself to get just one or two. My OCD tells me all 6 or none.

I really liked them, but do wish they were in more scenes. The Rise of Kylo Ren Comic that just came out Wednesday has some REALLY interesting insight into them. I may be tempted for the group lol. I just love the designs.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I'm sure they will. They made lobster guards
Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Maybe they are included to show their ends rather than leaving their fate unresolved.

Imagine wanting to pay $250 each on random throwaway “characters”.

Imagine wanting to pay $250 each on random throwaway ?characters?.

You do know this is Star Wars, right? There is ZERO correlation between the quality of character(s) and cost of said characters toys. There?ll be crowds out there that will want it and buy it without saying a word.

Yeah I know. It is just insane to me. When I buy Star Wars crap, there has to be some kind of sentimental interest to what I am purchasing. Buying 6 nobodies that had no impact though? Crazy.

In the actual movie, you dont even get a good look at them like you do a Cantina Alien or a bounty hunter. They just loom in the distance, stalking the cast doing absolutely nothing. All the work that went into their character outfit designs and the audience barely gets a glimpse of them. No backstory, no dialogue, no presence. As soon as they appear at the end, they are cut down unceremoniously.

Yeah I know. It is just insane to me. When I buy Star Wars crap, there has to be some kind of sentimental interest to what I am purchasing. Buying 6 nobodies that had no impact though? Crazy.

In the actual movie, you dont even get a good look at them like you do a Cantina Alien or a bounty hunter. They just loom in the distance, stalking the cast doing absolutely nothing. All the work that went into their character outfit designs and the audience barely gets a glimpse of them. No backstory, no dialogue, no presence. As soon as they appear at the end, they are cut down unceremoniously.

I was intrigued by the Knights when I first saw them in the TFA trailer. I was disappointed when that's all the screen time they got in that movie and we learned nothing about them. KoR should have played a larger role in the trilogy. Apparently there wasn't much thought put into their inclusion. It's unsurprising they turned out to just be fodder.

Star-Wars-7-Knights-of-Ren.jpg

They’re gonna be heavily featured in the Kylo Ren comic series. There’ll be plenty of time to build their characters and get people excited for them.

Unfortunately true.

I don't care about comics.

Back