Hot Toys Keaton Batman Petition

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you buy a HT Keaton Batman?

• Would Buy

Votes: 248 65.6%
  • Would Not Buy

Votes: 57 15.1%
  • Depends on Proto / In-Hand pics

Votes: 73 19.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a hypothetical question. But if some one was to make an 89 Batman, fully detailed using a TrueType as a base body. Full suit made from silicone tinted black not the weird rubber HT uses. Thin skin so there is very little loss of articulation. Detail sculpt of Keaton in scale to the rest of the figure unlike some of the big head customs. Would there be an interest for this? Hypothetical of course, because noone would dare break copyrights. Just curious.

Just a hypothetical question. But if some one was to make an 89 Batman, fully detailed using a TrueType as a base body. Full suit made from silicone tinted black not the weird rubber HT uses. Thin skin so there is very little loss of articulation. Detail sculpt of Keaton in scale to the rest of the figure unlike some of the big head customs. Would there be an interest for this? Hypothetical of course, because noone would dare break copyrights. Just curious.

I'd love to see someone do this with a TT. I'm working on one myself but I don't have the most perfect sculpt for it. The SS Bats I have from about 2005 is the best looking one I've owned.

I like both suits and I'd buy both suits. Simple as that. If Hot Toys did a V1 and V2 type deal like they did with TDK OC Batman and TDK New suit Batman but with '89 and Returns I'd buy both just like I did with the TDK figures.

Ditto. I always preferred the Returns suit, but the past few years i've really grown to love the 89 suit as much. I think i love them equally and would love for hot toys to make both. And, provided they werent made of some crap that would fall apart or leak everywhere, i'd buy them in a shot.

I'd love to see several characters from the Burton films. Both the '89 and Returns suit, Joker, Catwoman, Penguin. I'd be awesome to get an Alfred and Max Shreck too. Of course, a Batmobile is a must.

And I had an 89 from SS, but sold it due to how bad the smoke smell was. Latex may rot over time, but I still think it's a better way to go. The tricky part is getting the size of the sculpt perfect to account for the shrinkage. You certainly don't have to worry about that as much with silicone, but the wrong type will end up ripping over time. Something like Smooth-On's dragon skin might work.

I'm sure a 1989 Batman is very likely at this point but did someone say they sent Hot Toys the link to this thread on their facebook wall?

"I want you to do me a favor, I want you to tell Hot Toys about me."

"WHAT ARE YOU?"

"I'm Batman."

picture.php

Last edited:
You certainly don't have to worry about that as much with silicone, but the wrong type will end up ripping over time. Something like Smooth-On's dragon skin might work.

That's what we plan on using. Fingers crossed we will have this up and running by December.

They need to incorporate the interchangeable faces thing to actual HS's rather than cowls,have the faces snap into the front,almost like a mask,it goes around the hairline and unsnaps at the mold line,this could work for different expressions for characters like penguin,and joker.

They need to incorporate the interchangeable faces thing to actual HS's rather than cowls,have the faces snap into the front,almost like a mask,it goes around the hairline and unsnaps at the mold line,this could work for different expressions for characters like penguin,and joker.

Hot Toys could make a 1989 Batman similar to the DX. One neutral pouty lipped angry face (the hard nosed, no nonsense mug he always sports), the bat____ crazy grin he has when he first encounters Jack Napier at Axis Chemicals and the determined wounded face after the Batwing crashes towards the end of the film.

I'm sure a 1989 Batman is very likely at this point but did someone say they sent Hot Toys the link to this thread on their facebook wall?

"I want you to do me a favor, I want you to tell Hot Toys about me."

"WHAT ARE YOU?"

"I'm Batman."

picture.php

That was me that posted the link to their facebook wall.
LOL!

If HT were to make this it would be a definite buy. But it has to be a DX. Maybe there is a shot of it happening, if the CR Superman does well.:pray::pray::pray:

if the CR Superman does well.:pray::pray::pray:

I can assure you that if this Superman looks good HT will have to re-release this again, so many people have been waiting for this since i can remember!

Sorry to bump this, I just need some reassurance from the guys here that this will happen. Hoping HT will announce it soon if at all after the disappointment of the latest teaser like they did after DX 04 with Superman. What evidence or thoughts have we that a Keaton Bat will happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back