Hot Toys Keaton Batman Petition

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you buy a HT Keaton Batman?

• Would Buy

Votes: 248 65.6%
  • Would Not Buy

Votes: 57 15.1%
  • Depends on Proto / In-Hand pics

Votes: 73 19.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Huge Batman fan, but I really hated the first four Batman films. Absolutely zero interest in Keaton, Kilmer, or Clooney as Batman. Wouldn't fool with any of the villains, either. Nicholson's Joker included.

I'd buy more Nolan Batman characters and, for nostalgic reasons, an Adam West Batman. Heck, I'd even love to see an Arkham Asylum video game Batman. Just none of the Keaton, Kilmer, Clooney garbage. :D

Huge Batman fan, but I really hated the first four Batman films. Absolutely zero interest in Keaton, Kilmer, or Clooney as Batman. Wouldn't fool with any of the villains, either. Nicholson's Joker included.

I'd buy more Nolan Batman characters and, for nostalgic reasons, an Adam West Batman. Heck, I'd even love to see an Arkham Asylum video game Batman. Just none of the Keaton, Kilmer, Clooney garbage. :D

Don't listen to him Hot Toys he was only kidding!

^^Whoa, thats a first! Im assuming your a bit older because you mentioned West's Bats as being nostalgic....

Anyhoo, I've never been a fan of having multiple representations of the same character even though I respect those collectors who do. Although I have a DX Bats, which represents Batman in "general" & not just TDK Nolan/Bale era, a Keaton Batman would definitely be appreciated!

Im a late 80'/90's baby, so Keaton's portrayal of Batman was what I grew up on & was my first introduction to a live action Batman. For the longest I only thought of Keaton as Batman, just as I thought of Dean Cain as only being Superman. I never really referred to him as Michael Keaton, always called him Batman, because he was the first actor to be known as Bats for my generation.

A piece like this would be the ultimate 1/6th for me! My DX wouldnt even stand a chance against this guy. If this were to happen, DX would be tossed to the side in a heartbeat!

Okay, I might get a lot of disagrees, but why won't people like a Batman Keaton figure. I've been to their Hot Toys Facebook and everyday I see characters that don't deserve the 1/6TH Treatment being asked for. Yet when we have a chance to make an iconic hero from my generation, nobody want's to take advantage of it. I mean are you guys that desperate to see a Mask, Ryu, or Dracula figure more than a Keaton Batman. Sure his acting didn't blow your mind, but he did give a big push to the superhero movies. If it weren't for Keaton and Reeves, comic books would just be old archives sitting in libraries. IMO, I think he deserves a 1/6TH Treatment, if MJ can get figure treatment why can Keaton.

Okay, I might get a lot of disagrees, but why won't people like a Batman Keaton figure. I've been to their Hot Toys Facebook and everyday I see characters that don't deserve the 1/6TH Treatment being asked for. Yet when we have a chance to make an iconic hero from my generation, nobody want's to take advantage of it. I mean are you guys that desperate to see a Mask, Ryu, or Dracula figure more than a Keaton Batman. Sure his acting didn't blow your mind, but he did give a big push to the superhero movies. If it weren't for Keaton and Reeves, comic books would just be old archives sitting in libraries. IMO, I think he deserves a 1/6TH Treatment, if MJ can get figure treatment why can Keaton.

Don't get so worked up about it. I'm sure Hot Toys is working on/planning a 1989 Keaton Batman. Like others have been saying look at the DC push for Reeves and Keaton by DCD, Toynami, Cinemaquette, Mattel with statues, models, props just to name a few.

I'm sure its a done deal. The only thing we should be worried about is a leaking suit.

^^I was with you until the last sentence.

Dont throw shade at MJ.....:mad:

Other than that, I couldnt agree more! :hi5:

I have a hard time imagining them doing both. They are too similar.

Have we not seen the Iron Man line? Talk about being similar...almost the same

Well Iron Man is huge right now. We're talking about movies from 1989, 1992. The demand will be much lower for a Keaton Batman.

True, true. I see what your sayin', but then I think about other lines like Predator even Terminator. What about those?

Although the Terminators look can vary slightly their still similar to a certain extent. But maybe people are into those characters more, so those figs sell despite the movies there representing being decades old.

For me, there are a few reasons I didn't care for the films. I'm partial to superhero movies that look like they take place in a real world environment. Batman Begins/ Dark Knight, Superman, X-Men, Spiderman, Iron Man, etc... all take place in the real world, even if the city is a made up place. In all 4 early Batman movies, the scenery looked so phony that it was hard to watch. Michelle Pfeiffer saved Batman Returns because she was so freaking hot in her Catwoman suit. :) But really, I wasn't impressed with any of the actors who played Batman, or any of the villains, thus my lack of interest in any figures from these films. Not a single character from any of them that I'd want.

Jack Nicholson - great actor, but not the Joker to me. Also didn't like that the Joker was the person who killed Bruce's parents. Heath Ledger's Joker is the only one I need.

Danny Devito - he was creepy looking, but lacked the class of the comic book Penguin. Pass.

Michelle Pfeiffer - Beautiful, and she looked great in the costume. I would want this one, but it would be another of those figures that can't move because of the materials used. Pass.

Tommy Lee Jones - Did he lose a bet to get stuck in this role? Ugh. Great actor, portraying a great comic book character who was completely butchered for the film. Yuck. Pass.

Jim Carrey - Should have made Ace Ventura 3 instead. It would have been better than his Riddler. Pass.

Uma Thurman - Looked good, but nothing memorable. And how did a mastermind like Bane become a mindless goon for Poison Ivy? Ugh. Pass.

Arnold Schwarzeneggar - Stick with Terminator. Pass.

Honestly, until the Nolan movies came out, I used to tell everyone that my favorite Batman movie was "Mask of the Phantasm" from the Animated series.

I think the Nolan Batsuit looks better than the previous movie suits, so I have no interest in another rubber Batsuit. I'd buy Adam West because the costume is different, and for nostalgia purposes. I am almost 37, and I grew up watching the old TV show. As a child, it seemed so cool. As an adult, I was able to see how cheesy it was, but nostalgia would force me to buy it. I am guessing it's the same reason many of you want the 89 Batman. For that reason, I hope Hot Toys makes it. Just because I wouldn't buy one myself doesn't mean I don't think it would be great if you guys get one. Good luck.

if Hot toys . .. comes out with batman/ burton /89...+ batmobile ..and batwing ..Im so . buying ..

Look at example of the tumbler..and the dx .. and the batpod .. by hot toys .. amazing pieces and .. not so expensive .. now .. take a look at the tonamy ..batmobile and the batwing .. 1500 for the batwing and 2000 $ .. for the batmobile...that is madness.. !!! i bet ... that in a 1.6 scale like the dx .. batman/ burton 89... + batmobile and batwing .. with $2000 you get then all..!!!

So.. is a yes for me .. anytime that hoy toys want tocomo out on batman figures... i will buy it ..

I think the Nolan Batsuit looks better than the previous movie suits, so I have no interest in another rubber Batsuit. I'd buy Adam West because the costume is different, and for nostalgia purposes. I am almost 37, and I grew up watching the old TV show. As a child, it seemed so cool. As an adult, I was able to see how cheesy it was, but nostalgia would force me to buy it. I am guessing it's the same reason many of you want the 89 Batman. For that reason, I hope Hot Toys makes it. Just because I wouldn't buy one myself doesn't mean I don't think it would be great if you guys get one. Good luck.

No i will buy it because Keaton was the definitive Batman. Come on honestly there is no comparing his performance to any of the other actors who played Bats including Bales lame sub par performance.

With Reeve Superman coming, I can only imagine it will be a matter of time before we see a Keaton Batman. And Ihope it is the 89 suit and not that terrrible looking Returns suit with the stupid window blinds abs armor.

I came to appreciate the Returns suit but hated it when they first showed it. 89 suit all the way for me but I'll buy anything HT makes from Burton's Batman films.

I liked the 89 suit because it spoke to me, there was just something about the suit that made it cool. Maybe it's that the 92 suit looked like a Ninja suit mixed with a Swat uniform, where as the 89 suit made him look menacing and could easily blend with the darkness.

I like both suits and I'd buy both suits. Simple as that. If Hot Toys did a V1 and V2 type deal like they did with TDK OC Batman and TDK New suit Batman but with '89 and Returns I'd buy both just like I did with the TDK figures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back