Hot Toys Justice League Wonder Woman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hard to believe this is really the same sculpt as the Training WW. And I don't think it's just the hair because the profile looks totally off too. But somehow that doesn't jump out as much on the Training head.

I have the TA sculpt and the profile angle is the only one not so good...so yes,it is the same.

Why is it that nobody analysed the nose so harshly on the "Training Armour" thread? It's the same head!

Okay, it's not perfect......neither is the TA sculpt. Looks pretty solid to me on the whole though.....if a better sculpt comes along later, I'll just do exactly what I have done here, sell the previous version to fund the new one.

I lost zero money buying this with the proceeds of selling the bvs version, and I have seen nothing here that is making me regret that decision, this is clearly an improvement.

It's also a bonus to me to have the Wonder Woman movie shoulder strap and cloak. And the shield attaches to her back now. I want this as a representation of the character from that movie, not from the "current" available version of the JL movie (fingers always crossed for the Snyder cut).

If a photo realistic Gal comes along later, then bye bye JL version. Until then, in my opinion, this is the best Wonder Woman (in the suit) that you can buy. If you want the best all round wonder woman figure, buy the training armour version, it's the business.

Also, this is going to look way more consistent standing next to the TA figure as it has the same head. Another plus point for me.

Count me as someone very much looking forward to receiving this one.

I am not sold on the idea that we'll get a new sculpt for the WW84 figure anyway. Waffling franchise and a newly developed + retooled head for hair and tiara are respectfully risky and expensive endeavors. Justice League came and went, this figure didn't need to happen as it did, the training armor could easily have filled this one's spot for a while while the WW84 one was developed. They're not going to put MORE money into a figure they can effectively re-release as is next year.

Honestly don't see this as an improvement over the BVS figure. If anything the sculpt is even less accurate.

I guess I'm wondering why most are saying that the training armour sculpt is very good and an improved likeness over the bvs figure, yet it seems that exactly the same sculpt with rooted hair on it is suddenly less accurate. It's the same sculpt.

So I'm puzzled how it can't be anything other than an improvement over the BVS figure?

We all see what we see I guess.......and we can vote with our money.

I guess I'm wondering why most are saying that the training armour sculpt is very good and an improved likeness over the bvs figure, yet it seems that exactly the same sculpt with rooted hair on it is suddenly less accurate. It's the same sculpt.

So I'm puzzled how it can't be anything other than an improvement over the BVS figure?

We all see what we see I guess.......and we can vote with our money.

I'm equally puzzled how anyone can think the BvS version is better than this. This is clearly a step up from that not to mention the far better accessories.

I'm looking forward to getting mine but I can see why many are disappointed. The cheap hair really brings it down a few levels in comparison to the training version.

Doesn't help that she released on the day they put up the John Wick pre-order. That really showed a massive gulf in quality and likeness to the actor that often exists between male and female HT figures.

For my money the two best female figures are training armour Wonder Woman and the first Harley Quinn. Both have proper sculpted hair.

I'm equally puzzled how anyone can think the BvS version is better than this. This is clearly a step up from that not to mention the far better accessories.

I'm looking forward to getting mine but I can see why many are disappointed. The cheap hair really brings it down a few levels in comparison to the training version.

Doesn't help that she released on the day they put up the John Wick pre-order. That really showed a massive gulf in quality and likeness to the actor that often exists between male and female HT figures.

For my money the two best female figures are training armour Wonder Woman and the first Harley Quinn. Both have proper sculpted hair.

I agree......the first SS Harley Quinn is exceptional. They also completely nailed her physical proportions, WW by comparison unfortunately has a pea-head. I love that Harley figure and she's the benchmark for me.

As for Wonder Woman, I doubt they'll better the Training Armour version as it's just a beautiful looking figure overall, but I am very much looking forward to receiving the JL version who will make for a great complimentary companion to the TA version in a wonder woman display.

As for John Wick, I'm overjoyed that they have made that particular figure.......it's so bought.

So, that nose.

What went wrong?

bc07cd820ac4f5e3b84d8136cd4d6090.jpg

40014913_10155713915062344_6535719470252425216_o.jpg

I never looked looked that close at the other versions to know if HT had previously made it that big.

I have the other two versions and they have the same pointed nose. None of the prototype pics for these sculpts showed it in full profile, but it would seem to be a sculptor miss as opposed to a production casting issue.

As well as the issues with the likeness the tiara could use some work to. Lacks a lot of detail and seems it could use some black wash.

You see, it's something I don't understand. They are professionals, who do this with a lot of reference images, sometimes with the scan of the face of the actress. They have a mastery quite high level of sculpture and probably do this with Zbrush or real clay.

How is it possible to miss some details like the nose? It's like the central part of the face. There are three things that they don't have to miss, the nose, the eyes, and the mouth.

I have a Jenna Coleman (Doctor Who) figurine from Big Chief Studios, I can clearly say that the issue on this figure is the painting, the sculpture is flawless for having seen the Zbrush Sculpture on their Facebook page. But it's the paint which is totally off, but due to the good quality of the sculpt, we still recognize the actress.

I'm not a modeling pro, I really have a amateur level in sculpting for someone who learn with youtube video and books, but it really looks like what I can do in Zbrush, a really generic face based on an actress, but which doesn't look like the actress.

Unless it's the headband and rooted hair that make the face less accurate ? Because for the training version we really have a bluffing resemblance, it should be the case here too no ? But well, when I see the comparative picture, it's really annoying.

If it's the face of the training armor but with rooted hair, it's really strange because the TA Sculpt is pretty good...

This will look great when properly futzed.

Pics (lens distortion) are misleading so I only listen to those who have an actual figure in hand.

I found out Dean Knight passed on ordering her. Damn..I was looking forward to his in depth review :thud:

Hopefully he changes his mind . Who’s going to set up to the plate for us :dunno

I wonder if ClipperKing will?

I found out Dean Knight passed on ordering her. Damn..I was looking forward to his in depth review :thud:

Hopefully he changes his mind . Who’s going to set up to the plate for us :dunno

I wonder if ClipperKing will?

Yeah I've heard him say that before, think he only intends to get the regular Batman from this line. Shame HT don't send him stuff to review, his pics and videos are much better than those of the bloggers HT seem to use.

Totally agree with you guys re: Dean, he also does true light reviews which most accurately reflect a figure for vid reviews.

This will look great when properly futzed.

Pics (lens distortion) are misleading so I only listen to those who have an actual figure in hand.

I hope. When I bought the BvS version, I was really afraid when I saw the pics, and it's true that she looks great in real, and bad in pics.

I hope it will be the same here.

Back