Hot Toys Justice League Wonder Woman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah I've heard him say that before, think he only intends to get the regular Batman from this line. Shame HT don't send him stuff to review, his pics and videos are much better than those of the bloggers HT seem to use.

Another Youtuber I’ve grown to love is TheReviewSpot or “ Spot “ as he calls himself. He does fantastic reviews with superior lighting and awesome camera work. Only problem is he gets his HT from SSC so we have to wait awhile.

You see, it's something I don't understand. They are professionals, who do this with a lot of reference images, sometimes with the scan of the face of the actress. They have a mastery quite high level of sculpture and probably do this with Zbrush or real clay.

How is it possible to miss some details like the nose? It's like the central part of the face. There are three things that they don't have to miss, the nose, the eyes, and the mouth.

Sometimes I think they take artistic licence to make an idealised character. Makes no sense to me, but you're right something like this nose shouldn't have happened.

Sometimes I think they take artistic licence to make an idealised character. Makes no sense to me, but you're right something like this nose shouldn't have happened.

Yeah well, trying to idealize Gal Gadot... Talk about a futile endeavor...

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Why is it that nobody analysed the nose so harshly on the "Training Armour" thread? It's the same head!

Okay, it's not perfect......neither is the TA sculpt. Looks pretty solid to me on the whole though.....if a better sculpt comes along later, I'll just do exactly what I have done here, sell the previous version to fund the new one.

I lost zero money buying this with the proceeds of selling the bvs version, and I have seen nothing here that is making me regret that decision, this is clearly an improvement.

It's also a bonus to me to have the Wonder Woman movie shoulder strap and cloak. And the shield attaches to her back now. I want this as a representation of the character from that movie, not from the "current" available version of the JL movie (fingers always crossed for the Snyder cut).

If a photo realistic Gal comes along later, then bye bye JL version. Until then, in my opinion, this is the best Wonder Woman (in the suit) that you can buy. If you want the best all round wonder woman figure, buy the training armour version, it's the business.

Also, this is going to look way more consistent standing next to the TA figure as it has the same head. Another plus point for me.

Count me as someone very much looking forward to receiving this one.

Don’t worry. Guaranteed in two weeks or so, this will be the greatest female figure HT has ever done.

Happens every time.

Wish I could order this from overseas instead of waiting, but with a wedding in a few weeks and a new puppy I just can’t justify it D: . Someone posted a photo of this in the box in the comment section on the Hot Toys Facebook page and to me it looks infinitely better than any blogger photos I’ve seen. I, too, am really eager to see some no-frills in hand shots.

Is that nose for real?

Francis Exequiel Velasco Sazon

16 hrs

40219550_10155437223502046_3404381676573294592_n.jpg

Look at the schnoz on that doll ... oh the humanity. :slap :lol:Flush

Why is it that nobody analysed the nose so harshly on the "Training Armour" thread? It's the same head!

Okay, it's not perfect......neither is the TA sculpt. Looks pretty solid to me on the whole though.....if a better sculpt comes along later, I'll just do exactly what I have done here, sell the previous version to fund the new one.

I lost zero money buying this with the proceeds of selling the bvs version, and I have seen nothing here that is making me regret that decision, this is clearly an improvement.

It's also a bonus to me to have the Wonder Woman movie shoulder strap and cloak. And the shield attaches to her back now. I want this as a representation of the character from that movie, not from the "current" available version of the JL movie (fingers always crossed for the Snyder cut).

If a photo realistic Gal comes along later, then bye bye JL version. Until then, in my opinion, this is the best Wonder Woman (in the suit) that you can buy. If you want the best all round wonder woman figure, buy the training armour version, it's the business.

Also, this is going to look way more consistent standing next to the TA figure as it has the same head. Another plus point for me.

Count me as someone very much looking forward to receiving this one.

Agreed. I'd imagine most of the criticism comes from owners of the BvS version and they want to justify their purchase of that and not purchasing this one. Kinda like the people who got the MOS Supes and said the larger scale wasn't a problem and that it was superior to the BvS version. That's fine but the BvS Supes was more in scale with the rest of the DC line and had the better sculpt IMO. The JL WW is SO MUCH better than the BvS WW and I'm sure in-hand, the superiority will be self-evident.

Also, as this is not perfect, I'm sure there are limitations at this scale which we may not be aware of as consumers. IMO, this version looks awesome and I can't wait to stand her next to my BvS Supes and Bats.

Wish I could order this from overseas instead of waiting, but with a wedding in a few weeks and a new puppy I just can’t justify it D: . Someone posted a photo of this in the box in the comment section on the Hot Toys Facebook page and to me it looks infinitely better than any blogger photos I’ve seen. I, too, am really eager to see some no-frills in hand shots.

There is a video linked in this thread somewhere and this figure looks outstanding to me, which is a better representation to what it will look like in-hand than the blogger photos.

The video review on Youtube has a great representation of the figure. To me it looks very much like Gal Gadot except for the nose being a hair bigger in the profile. These bloggers used all sorts of weird lighting and with the hair not being styled correctly it definitely takes away from the likeness even though it’s the same exact scuplt as the training version. I can’t wait until it starts to ship.

Looking at both versions the BVS version is "closer" Gadot than JL for me. They are still not perfect but trying to replicate womans faces for figure companies is hit and miss. The paint work helps enormously in showcasing the sculpts features but still can be improved upon to suit. Remember when HT showed earlier shots and it was off. Then they had to delay to redo the paint applications and then the features were much closer. This isn't the issue here as the scuplt is not correct. There's something with eyes. It has a pointy pecker and the jaw is angular. The JL is not rounded and smaller in areas where it should be. Still pre-ordered it though.
BVS version.
Studio_20180829_093521.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_5226.jpg
    IMG_5226.jpg
    248.2 KB · Views: 214
Hot toys shot themselves in the foot with those awful blogger pictures. They need better photographers. However i don't understand the people who say that it looks nothing like her. I literally see only Gal Gadot from these pictures. IMG_1173.jpg IMG_1172.jpgIMG_1171.jpgIMG_1169.jpgIMG_1168.jpg

Agreed. I'd imagine most of the criticism comes from owners of the BvS version and they want to justify their purchase of that and not purchasing this one. Kinda like the people who got the MOS Supes and said the larger scale wasn't a problem and that it was superior to the BvS version. That's fine but the BvS Supes was more in scale with the rest of the DC line and had the better sculpt IMO. The JL WW is SO MUCH better than the BvS WW and I'm sure in-hand, the superiority will be self-evident.

Also, as this is not perfect, I'm sure there are limitations at this scale which we may not be aware of as consumers. IMO, this version looks awesome and I can't wait to stand her next to my BvS Supes and Bats.

I know what you're saying. I've seen it many times where some collectors bash a newer version cause they might feel bad owning an inferior older version.
For me personally though, I dont have those issues, as for me, if I feel that I'm not happy with a previous version, I have no problems boxing it
up and selling it for a newer version. I think I've owned every HT Cap, and just keep getting a newer one if its better. Same thing with Thor, and a few others.

And for me, as far as my interest for this WW, it is just the head. I'm completely happy with my BvS, I dont give a crap about the extra accessories this new version might have or the color of the suit. To be honest, I havent really even looked what's the difference. All I care about is if the newer head is better, I'll just replace my BvS with the better sculpt.

So far, I'm not blown away by the sculpt. Here's the thing, I do think it has a better likeness, but whether its the face shape, expression, or the hair, there is something off about it...I think the BvS looks better. I also think the BvS looks prettier.
Maybe once I start seeing comparison videos of both, maybe I could be wrong about it.

But so far, what I'm seeing is the opposite of what you've said. People who PO this and trying to justify their purchase and bashing the BvS version.

As far as what I've said about this JL WW, the only thing I take back, now that we have seen more pics and videos these last couple of days...is that, Ok...it doesnt really look like a man anymore. lol
But it blows away the BvS?!!! Nah...dont think so.

I keep seeing comments how the hair has to be styled. What do I have to do to get it looking like this? :lol
wonder-woman-movie-image-36-600x593.jpg

I don't think we should have to style the hair on $200+ figures other than the most basic futzing. If HT sculpt the hair for the next WW figure it will be a big improvement even if that's the only change they made. Fine tune the details on the face, the nose especially, get the tiara right and we'll have a near perfect Gal Gadot Wonder Woman figure.

I'm too impatient to wait two years so I'm still keeping my pre-order on this figure. The cloak does look beautiful! Was really worried how that would turn out based on HT poor capes over the years.

Looking forward to finally having the first of the JL figures when she gets here in about 6 weeks. Wonder if we'll see anymore this year.

I think they accentuated the Israeli ethnicity for Gal. Nose is way too big. It’s more caricature of her. Sucks I ordered. Oh wel.

I dunno, looking through my BVS album we have some great pictures and we have some not so great pictures. The best pictures are with some shadow as often is the case. Flash on those teeth for example don't do that sculpt any favors. Guyver took some incredible pictures and i'm sure he'll do the same here.

No need for this to be a competition, you like what you like and you really can't judge until you have seen both in hand. The TA sculpt is fantastic in hand and this will most likely be the same.

I have the BvS version, and I also got this version to serve as a solo WW film version. If the WW84 sculpt ends up being better, I’ll likely just get the sculpt from that and put it on this.

I have no doubts though that this will look really nice in hand, and that once people start receiving this figure, futzing it properly and taking better pictures, the tide will turn. Initial blogger pics are seldom ever good. The cycle with this is always like clockwork. Figure releases, you get the “OMG WTF?!” reactions, then after a couple of weeks when people start receiving it, it starts getting praise.

This cycle literally just happened with ESB Darth Vader.

I have the BvS version, and I also got this version to serve as a solo WW film version. If the WW84 sculpt ends up being better, I’ll likely just get the sculpt from that and put it on this.

I have no doubts though that this will look really nice in hand, and that once people start receiving this figure, futzing it properly and taking better pictures, the tide will turn. Initial blogger pics are seldom ever good. The cycle with this is always like clockwork. Figure releases, you get the “OMG WTF?!” reactions, then after a couple of weeks when people start receiving it, it starts getting praise.

That always happens to some degree but the training version looked great from the start, didn't need to see it in hand. Certainly not saying this is trash. It's a good figure as is the BvS WW...just not as great as we hoped for.

I think this looks way better than Vader. You can style her hair, and she'll look great. No amount of futzing will fix Vader's inaccurate helmet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Back