Hot Toys Justice League The Flash

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Smart man- you can think on your own. The trolls over on the JL movie thread are gleefully patting each other on the back about how "bad" it is. Laughable

Quite a contradicting post.

You can think on your own.

But those that thought it was bad are 'trolls'.

Quite a contradicting post.

You can think on your own.

But those that thought it was bad are 'trolls'.

It’s not everyone, but there are some over there that do seem to be reveling in its lack of success. The movie does have plenty of flaws, and while I thoroughly enjoyed the film in spite of that, I can’t blame those who didn’t like it. But it does seem a little mean spirited to just bask in its failures. And a lot of the hate, I was seeing well before the movie’s release. Some had already written it off a long time ago.

I really liked the movie and was pleasantly surprised with the flash. I didn't really expect to like Ezra Miller but he pulled it off pretty well. I think I'll pick up the figure.

I felt pretty meh about the movie, it just didn't move me one way or the other. But I did think the characterizations were generally good and there is potential for this Flash in a solo movie. But I did have one question about the Flash...

Spoiler Spoiler:

I felt pretty meh about the movie, it just didn't move me one way or the other. But I did think the characterizations were generally good and there is potential for this Flash in a solo movie. But I did have one question about the Flash...

Spoiler Spoiler:
Can move in superspeed.. Can just go into NASA abd steal...

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

It’s not everyone, but there are some over there that do seem to be reveling in its lack of success. The movie does have plenty of flaws, and while I thoroughly enjoyed the film in spite of that, I can’t blame those who didn’t like it. But it does seem a little mean spirited to just bask in its failures. And a lot of the hate, I was seeing well before the movie’s release. Some had already written it off a long time ago.

They see Snyder has his hand in it and automatic trashing- how very very typical of them

They see Snyder has his hand in it and automatic trashing- how very very typical of them

Which is a shame because Snyder did probably one of the best comic book movies WATCHMEN. WB should have really let the man do his thing instead of trying to mirror marvel.

Which is a shame because Snyder did probably one of the best comic book movies WATCHMEN. WB should have really let the man do his thing instead of trying to mirror marvel.

I've always believed the only reason Watchmen turned out as superb as it did, is because the graphic novel basically provided him with a paint-by-numbers blueprint to follow.
We've seen what happens when Snyder is let off his creative leash, we end up with Suckerpunch.

I've always believed the only reason Watchmen turned out as superb as it did, is because the graphic novel basically provided him with a paint-by-numbers blueprint to follow.
We've seen what happens when Snyder is let off his creative leash, we end up with Suckerpunch.

Hahaha yeah I guess when you put it that way. I guess the same goes with 300 as well. Visually the man is good, maybe he should just be a visual director. Either way I don’t think the DCEU is really going to be lasting long. I read an article o line that projected WB to be 15million in the hole when all said is done due to poor start at the box office.

Hahaha yeah I guess when you put it that way. I guess the same goes with 300 as well. Visually the man is good, maybe he should just be a visual director. Either way I don’t think the DCEU is really going to be lasting long. I read an article o line that projected WB to be 15million in the hole when all said is done due to poor start at the box office.

Oh yeah, agreed, visually he can do the most compelling stuff. But his storytelling abilities.....yeah, not so much.

I can't hate Justice League...I honestly don't feel that it's any worse than one of the lamer DC animated films to me, or one of the
forgettable comics series. It was a bad attempt, but I don't think it deserves nearly as much hatred as it's getting.

I didn't want to walk out of it halfway through, or punch a wall like when I saw BvS.
I won't have rage-induced shouting fits for months afterwards like I did with BvS.

Yeah as far as theatrical cuts go, I found JL much more watchable and entertaining than BvS. The story for JL might have been a bit thin and uninspired, but it at least didn't seem as super choppy and rushed.

The Watchmen movie is one of the worst comic adaptations I've ever seen. He won me over with MoS after completely losing me with Watchmen.

I wouldn't call it the worst, but I did think he got the tone all wrong by making it a big flashy superhero movie, and by making the characters almost supernaturally strong and powerful when they were supposed be just normal people in costumes.

why exactly was it
one of the worst comic adaptations ever seen???
It's a pretty movie, well acted, nice cinematography, but like was said, it completely missed the tone and the point of the source work. It's a fine movie, but a poor adaptation. For instance, often the film glorifies the violence for which the source showed open disdain. To me, it was a film that put style over substance, which is fine if you're adapting characters only, but not so great if you're adapting a complete story. Ymmv, but that's my short opinion.

Back