Hot Toys Justice League Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I had him in a levitated pose for a month and heard that the stand can damage the suit. Never happened to my MoS in years. So I had a look at there's a tiny gash on one side. I've placed foam on both sides now but I am so pissed.

It just feels like Hot Toys drop quality all the time.

Not trying to defend HT, but you should know there's a risk in clamping figures that have fabric materials for long period of time. It it's literally stated on the instruction booklets I believe.

Idk about you Auel, but I buy action figures to be able to pose them in different ways (and that often requires clamping them down), otherwise I'd just get statues. For there to be a tear after 1 month is ridiculous. If these $250 toys only last ~1-2 months in impeccable condition in adult collector hands, that's not okay in any way.

Idk about you Auel, but I buy action figures to be able to pose them in different ways (and that often requires clamping them down), otherwise I'd just get statues. For there to be a tear after 1 month is ridiculous. If these $250 toys only last ~1-2 months in impeccable condition in adult collector hands, that's not okay in any way.

They could cost $5k but material is still material and clamping it will leave marks, its just the way material is. If you want to pose buy 6inch action figures. Hot Toys with soft goods, with very few exceptions, get creased or dented when posed.

They could cost $5k but material is still material and clamping it will leave marks, its just the way material is. If you want to pose buy 6inch action figures. Hot Toys with soft goods, with very few exceptions, get creased or dented when posed.

Very much agree. Hot Toys are more posable statues than true action figures. It's fine to use clamps and put them in action poses for small amounts of time to take pictures. Leave them like that though and damage is inevitable. Even the most expensive fabric will suffer if creased or impacted over time.

Very much agree. Hot Toys are more posable statues than true action figures. It's fine to use clamps and put them in action poses for small amounts of time to take pictures. Leave them like that though and damage is inevitable. Even the most expensive fabric will suffer if creased or impacted over time.

That’s about how I look at it too. It’s one thing to expect a figure’s clothing not to deteriorate over time just standing there but thinking we can clamp a delicate, patterned fabric or crumple it up in extreme poses and not expect it to get damaged is another.

I do wish HT could find material that doesn’t stick to itself so easily like under the arms in a museum pose and what not. I’ll say this, I am impressed at how well my Tobey Spidey has held up over the years. Other than getting a little stretched out in some poses there are no tears or pieces sticking together and the intricate webbing still looks great.

So I had him in a levitated pose for a month and heard that the stand can damage the suit. Never happened to my MoS in years. So I had a look at there's a tiny gash on one side. I've placed foam on both sides now but I am so pissed.

There's a reason they put so much plastic around the head, limbs and foam between the arms and the inner box itself: just in case you leave it in there too long. That's a sign right there that this stuff isn't made to be in contact with items over an extended period. I know we pay so much for these things that we expect perfection but that's the nature of it. Got to make buffers for the figure as well anywhere outside of the box on whatever surface they are touching.

So if one wants it to be on a levitating pose for a long period, what kind of stand would be best used to minimize the damage that may happen?

Has anyone ever found good 1/6 glasses to turn their Superman into a Clark Kent figure? Struggling to find something suitable.

So if one wants it to be on a levitating pose for a long period, what kind of stand would be best used to minimize the damage that may happen?

It's a pity they couldn't have some sort of small plug in system into his back. Even with a small thread or something.

I mean with the cape you don't see his back anyway. That would also have absolute minimal contact with the suit and enable him to hover nicely.

That's actually a mod which maybe could be made. Could 3D print an adaptor piece to fit the existing flex pole end maybe.

Just the attachment to the body is the difficult bit. But not impossible.

I'll have to look into that.

Tony Mei did exactly that with the BvS Superman. He drilled a small hole into the back of the body that a flight pole plugged into.

OK cool. I mean it's not rocket science. But I'll have to have a look for some pics. Or if you have a link that would help.

And of course decide if I want to put a hole in the suit. But then who am I kidding, I'm not selling this Supes !

Do the boots just pop off? I?m thinking of putting on extenders.

If it's anything like the BvS suit, the boots have a little bit of glue holding them in place at the top trim, so you'll have to very carefully peel them off there and then they will slide off. You won't need to glue them back in place as they are tight enough with enough friction to hold them up when you put them back on. This doing this will also get rid of the crease at the front of the ankle as well which is another benefit IMO.

Just a heads up: I put together a forum for folks that love to talk about Zack Snyder's DC films. Please come on by and hang out! thesnyderverse.proboards.com

Moderators, I promise will only spam the threads that feature Zack's characters!

Read somewhere that using foam on the sides is also a bad idea. Something about it eventually infusing into the fabric? Is there any type of material that can be used on either side to protect the fabric from clamps without also damaging the material?

Back