Hot Toys Justice League Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree it might have been a mistake to cast an actor who might not want to stick around, but having an older Batman I thought that was a great idea and nice change of pace. And Affleck conveyed that weariness and bitterness incredibly well, while still having that dry sense of humor to help balance things out a bit.

And that's frankly what I respond more to with his Batman than how cool or huge he looked in the costume. In fact I would have preferred it if he was a little less bulky.

Exactly this, davejames!

If All hadn't have messed up, we would have got a couple more with Affleck for sure, including a solo film - he definitely wouldn't have stayed the jaded Batman he was in BvS, which I personally loved.

It's a shame, because of course down the line we'll get the same types of Batmans who everyone expects. This one was different, and quite different at that, and is far more interesting than what is coming up (I'm going to love it I'm sure, but it won't stray from the Batman that everyone expects of his character, and will be the same iteration for years to come). This is the one time where we get a jaded Batman whose history has redefined his methods, and I think it would have been incredibly interesting delving into that history of his career before the point he was at.

I'm wondering now if Supes line in BvS of nobody staying good in this world for long is directly talking about Bruce Wayne/Batman in this context. Superman/Clark Kent obviously knows about Batman and his identity, so at this point he's like if THIS guy can become corrupted, do I even stand a chance? I don't know, all of this was interesting to me.

I'll take that over a character who is innately good and born good and privileged to do good any day.

Just got mine today. Kinda surprised since I just ordered in December but I’ll take it. Excellent figure. I can’t wait to get my cape from Jaxon to really bring it to life.

Is this suit in Synder's version as well or it's just the black suit throughout the movie for Synder's Cut?

Is this suit in Synder's version as well or it's just the black suit throughout the movie for Synder's Cut?
According to Snyder, the black suit is the one he chooses after he gets revived, and doesn't wear the traditional suit again until a future movie.

I don't really like the idea, but I guess I'll see how it plays out.

According to Snyder, the black suit is the one he chooses after he gets revived, and doesn't wear the traditional suit again until a future movie.

I don't really like the idea, but I guess I'll see how it plays out.

Now I'm kind of having doubts in getting this, not really liking the bright blue suit. If HT decides to make the black one and it only appears in the movie, that'll be my definitive JL Supes.

This is the suit in Snyders version. They wanted to film with the black suit but never did.

Ok great, I'm confused :rotfl

Amidst all the Snyder cut talk, Snyder has said his JL Superman would be in the black suit and would “earn” the blue suit back in future films.

Now ... I believe he actually shot him in the classic suit, I’ve heard due to WB execs insisting on it, but it was his intention for him to wear the black suit. Whether or not he was shot in the black suit, I don’t know, I haven’t dug that far into it. But, I would expect it to be black in the Snyder cut.

They filmed in the blue suit, but it was Snyder's intention to change the suit color to black in post production. He explained about the black suit on his Vero account months ago.

They filmed in the blue suit, but it was Snyder's intention to change the suit color to black in post production. He explained about the black suit on his Vero account months ago.

this :lecture:

Geoff Johns and old WB execs made Synder shoot in the blue suit but he was going to change it to black in post. That's why he has chrome under the suit this time instead of the silver in BvS. He said having the chrome underneath would help out in the transfer to black in post so the suit woulnd't looks so dull if I remember correctly.

Ah, so that's why the suit had those chrome plates underneath. I always wondered why they were added for BVS, as they were so distracting and odd looking under the blue suit, and Snyder usually has better design taste than that.

Ah, so that's why the suit had those chrome plates underneath. I always wondered why they were added for BVS, as they were so distracting and odd looking under the blue suit, and Snyder usually has better design taste than that.
I think he did it for all superman suits going back to MoS. For some reason I remeber some bonus feature on the MoS disc showing the designer talking about it. I think it was just more subtle and the suit being a less breathable material than the next 2.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I think he did it for all superman suits going back to MoS. For some reason I remeber some bonus feature on the MoS disc showing the designer talking about it. I think it was just more subtle and the suit being a less breathable material than the next 2.

The muscle plates are silver for MoS and BvS as part of the design. Chrome on JL was specifically to help out with post color change to black. I know in the JL special features the designer says Zach wanted a more reflective metallic look, but that metallic look was meant to help out later in post. As you can see with Josstice League, going the opposite direction and lighting up the suit to an even brighter blue in post than what the suit really is made the suit look worse. The actual JL suit is definitely more blue (saturated might be the right word) in person than the BvS, which was a dark navy blue, but it is no where near the bright blue we saw on screen and the muscle plates underneath don’t look as bad either.

The muscle plates are silver for MoS and BvS as part of the design. Chrome on JL was specifically to help out with post color change to black. I know in the JL special features the designer says Zach wanted a more reflective metallic look, but that metallic look was meant to help out later in post. As you can see with Josstice League, going the opposite direction and lighting up the suit to an even brighter blue in post than what the suit really is made the suit look worse. The actual JL suit is definitely more blue (saturated might be the right word) in person than the BvS, which was a dark navy blue, but it is no where near the bright blue we saw on screen and the muscle plates underneath don?t look as bad either.
Yeah, I thought so. Silver underneath every version with JL being more noticeable

You can call me crazy, but instead of wasting money in post production changing the color of a suit.. Why not using a different color suit?? I just can't understand Hollywood movies. Anyway, I'm still waiting for my JL Supes to ship...

You can call me crazy, but instead of wasting money in post production changing the color of a suit.. Why not using a different color suit?? I just can't understand Hollywood movies. Anyway, I'm still waiting for my JL Supes to ship...

I don't know personally, only thing I'm thinking about is that they made just one costume and they would use it for both (color variants) producing these costumes are super expensive and they make few of them.Anyway I'm not a fan of black costume with cape. I don't think it looks nice for my eyes.

To be fair I think Affleck's disillusion with the role probably started more with the harsh reaction to BVS, and how bad the theatrical version turned out. Since we all remember how bummed out he looked during the promo tour. And the JL debacle just sealed the deal even further for him.

It would be awesome if he returned, since his Batman is just too firmly linked with the current DCEU by this point, but I just don't see it happening.

Ben said in a very recent interview that he loved playing the character and in particular really enjoyed filming BvS. Another way of interpreting all this is that he cared tremendously about Snyder's five film arc for his character, had a lot of emotional investment in it, etc., so therefore it hurt a lot that BvS was poorly received by critics and polarized the fan base. BUT... as I'm saying precisely for those reasons, because now that everything is repaired and the fan base is largely amped for the Snyder vision, he can actually now realize what he and Zack originally wanted to do.

Grace Randolph (who's recently been spot on with all of this, so she's evidently got some good sources) said that the intel she got was that Ben strongly advocated to see Zack's vison through. He even wanted the other actors in JL to join him in opposing the Whedon reshoots. However the other actors weren't in as strong a position as him (major star, successful director, multiple Oscar winner, etc.) professionally to buck WB. He was on his own there. Zack had left and was taking care of his family after his daughter's suicide. Geoff Johns was messing with his script to make it less dark. We all saw what they did to Zack's vison with JL. So that's when Ben checked out in terms of investment (and apparently when he fell off the wagon).

Anyway, it's really up to him at this point. I'm just saying that dynamics have changed 180 degrees. The conditions to return to see through the original vision couldn't be better. They're ideal. And he looks fit as a fiddle now if he decides to go for it.

Back