Hot Toys Justice League Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
not exactly the same material as Batman but done in a similar fashion i.e. fabric base with details printed on top. The Superman suit is thinner to allow the the chrome body to shine through. But it's durable. I've had 3 BvS Superman suits and have stretched them across different types of bodies and they're still in like new condition.

It's the same as the BvS suit. It's good material and will hold up but if you leave the stand clasp around the waist it might damage the suit.

Thanks for the replies guys, it looks like I've got to get a Superman then. :lol

Good Lord. Got the email bumping delivery date to from June 5th to July 5th. I get that there's a pandemic but the wait on this figure is beyond absurd. It's feeling like I'll see the ****ing Snyder cut before I finally get this thing in hand!

:tap :gah: :cuss :p

And about Henry being back... :clap :rock :hi5:

I don't reallly care what the machinations were during negotiations. He's my favorite Superman by a country mile. I'm ecstatic that he's continuing. And he and we all can thank the RTSC movement fans for opening this door. There was indeed a toxic group among them but you'll see that in any community. Which also is not to say that the toxic fans didn't respond more or less symmetrically to stone Snyder hating trolls. But they didn't have the sense to just shrug that **** off, and got into a sort them-vs-us tribal mentality. But anyway, vast majority of the RTSC fanbase was awesome and did an amazing thing here.

I have to admit my mind is a bit blown. What we're seeing is far beyond my expectations. It's apparent that HBO Max is going all-in with the Snyderverse as their hot exclusive content. Hoping that for the next several years it will be their Mandolorian, their Game of Thrones, their Stranger Things, etc. So moving forward, to whatever degree this can be done, Snyderverse content will be exclusive to HBO Max. Eventually there will be disk sales, but not for a relatively long while.

My predictions:

ZSJL releases on HBO Max first as a six part TV miniseries. Edited as such to as much as possible impart a cliffhanger sense at the end of each episode. Although there's obviously limits to what's possible with that. From what I'm reading the actors are just shooting some green screen pickups such as the Harry Lennix Martian Manhunter reveal, and redoing some voice work. Mainly the budget is going into completion of VFX (original Steppenwolf design!) and Junkie XL adding more scoring. The story ends with a major cliffhanger setting up JL 2. But that was always the case anyway for this film.

ZSJL then releases on HBO Max as a four hour film available for digital purchase.

Maybe ZSJL gets a limited theater run if the movie theaters are getting robust business again after this pandemic? Wild card is how significant resurgence of Covid-19 will be in the fall. Could be really crippling to the industry. I think the movie theater business will survive but probably via offering only a fairly pricey monthly subscription fee. If that's the case, upsides will be 1) seeing any movie you want as many times as you want, and 2) Rotten Tomatoes will have far less influence. But I digress.

Addendum: To some degree release of Aquaman 2 and WW 3 could be affected by how the theater industry does. If it struggles badly those films might go directly to HBO Max.

If ZSJL proves to be a big hit, there's going to be JL 2 and 3 using the same formula of TV miniseries first, film second. The whole idea here is to hook in viewers via strong emotional investment into the characters and the unfolding story. Original miniseries are what keeps people subscribing to streaming services. So again, the big picture here is the AT&T/HBO Max totally realizes this, big time. And they want viewers to be hype for it and to subscribe, lol!

Ben Affleck got fed up with playing Batman because of the combined experience of JL being reshot (scuttling the five film arc that he signed on for and liked) and Geoff Johns continually ****ing with his script for The Batman. All of that has been repaired now with HBO Max's new game plan. Ben's reasons for "losing interest" in the role have been fixed. Ben has said he loves Zack Snyder and will do anything for him. So he will make JL 2 and 3 if Zack asks. But moreover the popular demand figures to be very high for JL 2 and 3--unless ZSJL ends up not being very good. Regarding the question of how good it will be, if it rivals BvS in quality then the fanbase that got RTSC rolling will be in seventh heaven, and that fanbase will grow, etc. It's okay that it''s polarizing now--it just has to be high quality for the fanbase that likes it. I think for all this to succeed, ZSJL has to be at that quality level. But I'm confident that it will.

If Ben is willing (again IF) he can either make his "The Batman" film, or perhaps do it as a fairly high budget TV miniseries. TV series makes a lot of sense because thats what's hot right now. But either way it'll definitely feature Joe Manganiello's Deathstroke. The offer from AT&T will absolutely be there if he's willing. DC is clearly embracing the multiverse design (differentiating it from the MCU), so no one that gives a **** will be "confused" (please!) by the fact that the Battinson trilogy is happening in parallel. However I think as a business man Ben may wait to see if ZSJL does become a big hit, because that increases his bargaining power.

Zero doubt in my mind that the Ayer Cut of SS will get released.

Henry will get his Superman solo film set between MoS and BvS as a self-contained story that develops the Superman character more. Assuming it's a success, likely further ones. But he'll get at least one.

We may very well get a Cyborg film. Snyder has said Cyborg's character is "the heart of the film." If fans take a shine to him in ZSJL, he'll get his film.

We already know we're getting the Flash film.

Anything beyond this is gravy.

Good Lord. Got the email bumping delivery date to from June 5th to July 5th. I get that there's a pandemic but the wait on this figure is beyond absurd. It's feeling like I'll see the ****ing Snyder cut before I finally get this thing in hand!

:tap :gah: :cuss :p

Got an email too. My final flexpay was pushed from June 15th to JULY 15th.
F@CKING. JOKE.

I have to admit my mind is a bit blown. What we're seeing is far beyond my expectations. It's apparent that HBO Max is going all-in with the Snyderverse as their hot exclusive content. Hoping that for the next several years it will be their Mandolorian, their Game of Thrones, their Stranger Things, etc. So moving forward, to whatever degree this can be done, Snyderverse content will be exclusive to HBO Max. Eventually there will be disk sales, but not for a relatively long while.

My predictions:

ZSJL releases on HBO Max first as a six part TV miniseries. Edited as such to as much as possible impart a cliffhanger sense at the end of each episode. Although there's obviously limits to what's possible with that. From what I'm reading the actors are just shooting some green screen pickups such as the Harry Lennix Martian Manhunter reveal, and redoing some voice work. Mainly the budget is going into completion of VFX (original Steppenwolf design!) and Junkie XL adding more scoring. The story ends with a major cliffhanger setting up JL 2. But that was always the case anyway for this film.

ZSJL then releases on HBO Max as a four hour film available for digital purchase.

Maybe ZSJL gets a limited theater run if the movie theaters are getting robust business again after this pandemic? Wild card is how significant resurgence of Covid-19 will be in the fall. Could be really crippling to the industry. I think the movie theater business will survive but probably via offering only a fairly pricey monthly subscription fee. If that's the case, upsides will be 1) seeing any movie you want as many times as you want, and 2) Rotten Tomatoes will have far less influence. But I digress.

If ZSJL proves to be a big hit, there's going to be JL 2 and 3 using the same formula of TV miniseries first, film second. The whole idea here is to hook in viewers via strong emotional investment into the characters and the unfolding story. Original miniseries are what keeps people subscribing to streaming services. So again, the big picture here is the AT&T/HBO Max totally realizes this, big time. And they want viewers to be hype for it and to subscribe, lol!

Ben Affleck got fed up with playing Batman because of the combined experience of JL being reshot (scuttling the five film arc that he signed on for and liked) and Geoff Johns continually ****ing with his script for The Batman. All of that has been repaired now with HBO Max's new game plan. Ben's reasons for "losing interest" in the role have been fixed. Ben has said he loves Zack Snyder and will do anything for him. So he will make JL 2 and 3 if Zack asks. But moreover the popular demand figures to be very high for JL 2 and 3--unless ZSJL ends up not being very good. Regarding the question of how good it will be, if it rivals BvS in quality then the fanbase that got RTSC rolling will be in seventh heaven, and that fanbase will grow, etc. It's okay that it''s polarizing now--it just has to be high quality for the fanbase that likes it. I think for all this to succeed, ZSJL has to be at that quality level. But I'm confident that it will.

If Ben is willing (again IF) he can either make his "The Batman" film, or perhaps do it as a fairly high budget TV miniseries. TV series makes a lot of sense because thats what's hot right now. But either way it'll definitely feature Joe Manganiello's Deathstroke. The offer from AT&T will absolutely be there if he's willing. DC is clearly embracing the multiverse design (differentiating it from the MCU), so no one that gives a **** will be "confused" (please!) by the fact that the Battinson trilogy is happening in parallel. However I think as a business man Ben may wait to see if ZSJL does become a big hit, because that increases his bargaining power.

Zero doubt in my mind that the Ayer Cut of SS will get released.

Henry will get his Superman solo film set between MoS and BvS as a self-contained story that develops the Superman character more. Assuming it's a success, likely further ones. But he'll get at least one.

We may very well get a Cyborg film. Snyder has said Cyborg's character is "the heart of the film." If fans take a shine to him in ZSJL, he'll get his film.

We already know we're getting the Flash film.

Anything beyond this is gravy.

Good post Alatar. I'm pretty much of the same opinion. It all really boils down to the success of ZSJL. And at the moment that is looking pretty optimistic.

I just hope they can explain the plans with Superman a bit more so detractors wanting purely the boy scout version can understand we'll get there eventually.

It's also pretty nice that Snyder can offer them a fully laid out (and not to mention already started) vision. Something they can use for a multi project offensive to the MCU or as it's own right the next Game of Thrones or whatever in the streaming sphere. They all want their next "Breaking Bad" or "GoT".

And it's actually very smart longer term post Covid. Netflix can only really operate in the streaming area (OK they've built some cinemas, but it's nothing like mainstream). So Disney and AT&T are perhaps the only ones who can offer TV series and movies to expand their "Universes". It's clearly the way longer term once Covid is no longer a thing.

As far as Batfleck. I think you're right that he'll wait and see. That's actually good, because if ZNJL is good, he'll get caught up in the hype as well and be more motivated to go forward with it then.

It's really a great turnaround. DC is alive again with direction and purpose.

Screenshot_2020-05-29.jpg

I haven't got any kind of email. no delay no shipping nothing. I only have order confirmation. gonna contact sideshow if my order is even active -____-

response
''Hi there. Hot Toys is sending Superman to us in small batches. While the first batch did arrive, it only fulfilled a small number of orders. Additional shipments are going to be scheduled in the following months. I do not yet see an exact arrival date of the batch that will fulfill your order.

This item currently has an estimated arrival time frame of May 2020 - June 2020. This information can also be found in your order details as well as the product page for future reference. This is the most up to date information that we have at this time. Once we have an exact date from Hot Toys that we will be able to fulfill your order, we will send out an email arrival notice, with a processing date and final balance due, about 10-20 days beforehand.

Once your final payment has been successfully processed, your order should leave our warehouse within 1-3 business days. You will receive an email from us with tracking when it has.''

bye
I hope I'll get this when Snyder Cut is released :D

To be fair I think Affleck's disillusion with the role probably started more with the harsh reaction to BVS, and how bad the theatrical version turned out. Since we all remember how bummed out he looked during the promo tour. And the JL debacle just sealed the deal even further for him.

It would be awesome if he returned, since his Batman is just too firmly linked with the current DCEU by this point, but I just don't see it happening.

Casting Affleck was a mistake from the beginning unfortunately. I know they saw Argo and his big name and all that but he's not the right guy for these superhero type roles.

And like someone else said, being in movies that didn't necessarily fare well didn't help but it was never the right fit for him anyway.

I think you need someone a little less famous that is hungry for the role. The hype machine surrounding these movies is overwhelming and probably not worth it if you're already famous. Not to mention the time commitment from your career to do movie after movie.

Also, why would you kick off your most popular universe with an older character? If Avengers hit its peak after 10 years then Affleck would be around 60 for a character that would spawn endless movies. It just didn't make sense.

A younger more militant Batman who has to learn his place against Superman and accept defeat would have been the way to go. Give the character a lot of time to grow from young, angry, militant guy to full-fledged hero with Superman's guidance and then to grizzled veteran somewhere down the road.

Just weird that you would go with an older Batman to kick off the universe.

Casting Affleck was a mistake from the beginning unfortunately. I know they saw Argo and his big name and all that but he's not the right guy for these superhero type roles.

And like someone else said, being in movies that didn't necessarily fare well didn't help but it was never the right fit for him anyway.

I think you need someone a little less famous that is hungry for the role. The hype machine surrounding these movies is overwhelming and probably not worth it if you're already famous. Not to mention the time commitment from your career to do movie after movie.

Also, why would you kick off your most popular universe with an older character? If Avengers hit its peak after 10 years then Affleck would be around 60 for a character that would spawn endless movies. It just didn't make sense.

A younger more militant Batman who has to learn his place against Superman and accept defeat would have been the way to go. Give the character a lot of time to grow from young, angry, militant guy to full-fledged hero with Superman's guidance and then to grizzled veteran somewhere down the road.

Just weird that you would go with an older Batman to kick off the universe.

By that logic, then casting Robert Downey JR was also a mistake because he is old.

By that logic, then casting Robert Downey JR was also a mistake because he is old.

I don't think Downey's career was in the same place, and the two of them are pretty incomparable. I also think Iron Man was a gamble that happened to pay off better than anyone could have hoped. Hell, they also killed him off.

Mistake? I think it was one of the best decisions in superhero genre ever made. He is just phenomenal in that role and even if he's never gonna be back he will always gonna stay as Batman in me. ( I have never been Batman fan till Ben)

Mistake? I think it was one of the best decisions in superhero genre ever made. He is just phenomenal in that role and even if he's never gonna be back he will always gonna stay as Batman in me. ( I have never been Batman fan till Ben)

Yep I'm exactly the same. I mean Nolan's Dark Knight was excellent, don't get me wrong. But I never really have any desire to get that Batman as a figure.

But this guy is great ! Raw, grizzled brawler. Love it !

My favourite cinematic Batman actors (in terms of vibe, acting...outside of the actual films) are Keaton and Affleck. Keaton comes with 2 caveats: his performance was of its time and I think he killed it, and as much as I love Burton Bats, to me those are Burton films first, Batman films second.

Affleck had the bad luck to be cast in the films he was, but I think his Bruce Wayne (particularly) and Batman were fantastic.

I enjoyed the Nolan flicks but Bale never really sold it to me.

Back