Hot Toys Justice League Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't wait to see Martian Manhunter, I've wanted him on screen with Superman for years.

So happy this is finally announced, I always believed it would be eventually.

For whatever it's worth, here are some shots of a custom head you can find floating around online for around $30. It's really not too bad at all. I was planning on repainting it based on the stock pictures, but now that I have it in hand, it's not as bad as I was expecting. I'm just happy to have a portrait with the correct hair style and better representation of Superman's temperament from Justice League.

What seller did you buy this from? All I can find are BvS recasts.

For whatever it's worth, here are some shots of a custom head you can find floating around online for around $30. It's really not too bad at all. I was planning on repainting it based on the stock pictures, but now that I have it in hand, it's not as bad as I was expecting. I'm just happy to have a portrait with the correct hair style and better representation of Superman's temperament from Justice League.

Also, I'm sorry for the sideways format. I'm not quite sure how to get them vertical.

View attachment 485475View attachment 485476View attachment 485477View attachment 485478View attachment 485479View attachment 485480

Can you put up a link please.

Maybe, although I don't think he shot any of the second part. The additional shots he needs now are more smaller bits which he didn't get before he left the project when his daughter tragically committed suicide. Possibly also to make it work better when broken up into parts for a miniseries.

However if all goes well perhaps we will get the final part of Justice League later. Depending of course if there is support and the actors agree to come back. It seems they would though. Cavill was the only one not involved in the Snydercut movement until now. But he was on the live watch today which was a very good sign that all is OK with him still wanting to play Superman in the future.

In addition to all this The Rock will do a Black Adam movie, which Superman may feature in. They have the same managers, so that would also help get Cavill a final stand alone movie to finish his arc. If a final Justice League movie could then come after that, then it would be a perfect finish to the originally planned Snyderverse.

Even before Snyder left I think they had dropped the two-parter idea. This first movie likely just would have set up Darkseid's appearance for a standard JL sequel a few years down the road.

And I gotta say I'm not really liking the episodic idea, as it feels like it could lead to something really long and bloated with every possible deleted scene inserted into it. I'd much rather Snyder keep this the kind of concise, tightly-edited movie he would have actually released in theaters.

Even before Snyder left I think they had dropped the two-parter idea. This first movie likely just would have set up Darkseid's appearance for a standard JL sequel a few years down the road.

And I gotta say I'm not really liking the episodic idea, as it feels like it could lead to something really long and bloated with every possible deleted scene inserted into it. I'd much rather Snyder keep this the kind of concise, tightly-edited movie he would have actually released in theaters.

I know what you mean, but even if Snyder's daughter never committed suicide his original vision likely would have never have reached theaters back in 2017. It's pretty clear that the WB execs at that time were not happy with what he delivered, so he either would have had to agree to massive reshoots in a compressed period of time (i.e., what they made Whedon do), or they would have had a mutual parting due to the usual "creative differences".

But getting back to figures, I'd love it if HT released a black suit version. If while they're at it they were to tone down the thunder thighs just a tad that would be OK too. :wink1:

Well from reports he had already started to pivot towards a slightly lighter tone with a bit more humor, so I imagine the studio would have just let him continue with that. It was only when Whedon came onboard that they saw the opportunity to completely remake the movie.

I'll be curious to see if Snyder reverts back to his original original vision, or if we get more the JL he actually would have released into theaters...

Why did my Punisher War Machine from Sideshow ship before this guy? Superman came out like a month or 2 ago... That's some BS

Yeah, I’m not really liking that episodic idea either personally.

I'm not a fan of it either but... lets be honest, you can't make one movie and tell all the story you want bc of limited time. Snyder and Momoa said they shot enough footage even for 2 movies, so I believe we will get near 5 hours + of storytelling especially with additional stuff he wants to shot, I believe he wants to complete story and make it as a standalone ''thing'' , whatever it is I'm very happy and feeling like a winner, bc was supporting movement since day 1 .

anyway I haven't got any shipping note from sideshow. my order still says April-May and May is almost over.

Hey guys,

Technical question about the figure.

So I just got one yesterday, but whenever I extend the foot backwards. The right foot pops out. For some reason, it?s able to flex as much as the other foot and I have to keep popping it back.

Should I be concerned?

Hey guys,

Technical question about the figure.

So I just got one yesterday, but whenever I extend the foot backwards. The right foot pops out. For some reason, it?s able to flex as much as the other foot and I have to keep popping it back.

Should I be concerned?

Think they're on ball joints, my old BvS one would pop off and then have dangly feet syndrome. Just don't pull it that far back and sorted!

That'll be 5 pounds, please!

Admittedly I'm not historically a huge comic book person. So I was wondering if Darkseid would potentially be something Hot Toys could do if he is more prevalent in Zack Snyders Justice League. Would people put him at roughly the same size as Thanos say ?

If we're talking real Hot Toys figures, could Hot Toys theoretically use a Thanos body ??

Interested in people's thoughts on this....

fbaf32449764e375cbbddab2ff2b1fbd.jpg

So will this figure need to be called the "Joss Whedon's Justice League Superman" now? I thought the super bright costume was just something introduced by Whedon for his version of the movie?

So will this figure need to be called the "Joss Whedon's Justice League Superman" now? I thought the super bright costume was just something introduced by Whedon for his version of the movie?

Yap. As Zack's version was going to be black from the beginning, they just used blue costume for promos to ''surprise'' us. all the weird highlights the costume has was supposed to be edited to black in post production and it would look totally different with silver highlights... I'm about to cancel this figure now. I hated theatrical release so much...Gonna wait till the end of this month, seems sideshow isn't going to ship my order anytime soon if they won't ship it I'll cancel, I believe some kind of Snyder Version will be released.

Admittedly I'm not historically a huge comic book person. So I was wondering if Darkseid would potentially be something Hot Toys could do if he is more prevalent in Zack Snyders Justice League. Would people put him at roughly the same size as Thanos say ?

If we're talking real Hot Toys figures, could Hot Toys theoretically use a Thanos body ??

Interested in people's thoughts on this....

View attachment 485609

In the Snyder Cut Darkseid will be seen in person a couple times, and even fights one of the gods during a flashback. It's always possible, who knows. He's pretty big, Hulk/Thanos sized generally. In the animated Justice League War, he was like 20 feet tall.

The Thanos body mold would definitely be a good start if HT chooses to make him.

Yap. As Zack's version was going to be black from the beginning, they just used blue costume for promos to ''surprise'' us. all the weird highlights the costume has was supposed to be edited to black in post production and it would look totally different with silver highlights... I'm about to cancel this figure now. I hated theatrical release so much...Gonna wait till the end of this month, seems sideshow isn't going to ship my order anytime soon if they won't ship it I'll cancel, I believe some kind of Snyder Version will be released.

I think the bright coloured version was planned by Snyder for the final look of Supes at the end of his 3 movie arc. I'll keep this version for that look at least (if even head canon).

Surely Hot Toys couldn't resist a black version though. It'd be easy money for them. Then again so was this release, and look how long that took !

Ideally what I would love though is a display with Batman, Supes and WW with Darkseid standing behind them. (I have a wide display not a detolf).

Maybe even "ReleaseTheSnyderCut" even made it to China and was heard and seen by Howard ???

Back