Hot Toys Justice League Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
JL supes just arrived today. Didnt have much time to find a pose I like but thought I'd take a quick pic and share with you fellow collectors. I'm definitely liking this figure. I liked how it looked from reviews and online pics but It looks way better in person. Now I'm just waiting on my custom wired cape I ordered from Lucky. I'm sure that cape will take this figure to the next level.
47d3694dc6849a1ca96b4c5c1c9c3fee.jpg
How much for the custom cape? And how can I get a hold of one? If you dont mind me asking.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Nice Jaxon. Superman has GOT to be up in the air like that ! I just hope the calipers don't ruin the suit over time.

Anyone with the other Superman figures have any issues over time ?

Nice Jaxon. Superman has GOT to be up in the air like that ! I just hope the calipers don't ruin the suit over time.

Anyone with the other Superman figures have any issues over time ?

I?ve got the original MOS figure, and I noticed the same issue.

These strong calipers might cause some wear and tear in time, so I stopped putting it in flight position.

Another suggestions would be better...

Definitely don't use the waist grabber long term. Damaged my MoS suit that way.

So do you guys think the damage comes simply from the calipers clamping too hard ?

I'm thinking perhaps to somehow reduce the spring clamp force. Even removing the spring so it doesn't clamp as such, but supports say the underarms.

I'm yet to get my figure, however do you think something like that could work ?

So do you guys think the damage comes simply from the calipers clamping too hard ?

I'm thinking perhaps to somehow reduce the spring clamp force. Even removing the spring so it doesn't clamp as such, but supports say the underarms.

I'm yet to get my figure, however do you think something like that could work ?
Think it's that and the weight of the figure. Had it happen to my vision figure.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Went from I need this
To, no way I’m spending 200+ on this
To , damn that blue looks good

May end up getting it

Last email I received from Sideshow on 1/24 said it was expected to ship 3/05. But I've had my billing cycle with them set up for the 5th of the month from a year and a half ago. So it always gets bumped to the 5th the next month, etc.

I'm surprised that we haven't seen Keyboard Warriors or Dean Knight do a review of this figure. There still haven't been many review videos on it.

The reviews I've seen where pretty good except for one major point : light leak from the laser HS.
In the dark, the whole HS is glowing red, not just the eyes.

The reviews I've seen where pretty good except for one major point : light leak from the laser HS.
In the dark, the whole HS is glowing red, not just the eyes.

Yeah the light leak is really bad, only in the dark tho.
I sold mine on, the angry headsculpt is nothing like the normal headsculpt-its much wider. Completely different shape.
His thighs were far too big too & again I hated the neck seam, also thought the blue was too light.
Also his costume was unlike the other versions, pretty flimsy & quite sticky.
I was massively disappointed in it
96634eeb8be12bd2861c5132b9c7e4f6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I sold mine on, the angry headsculpt is nothing like the normal headsculpt-its much wider. Completely different shape.
His thighs were far too big too & again I hated the neck seam, also thought the blue was too light.

I'd love a JL Superman.... I feel like if I got this one, I'd have to darken the suit up a bit. That's not that big of a deal, but then I'd have spent a lot of money for a figure that looks just a bit brighter than the BvS Superman, with the exact same headsculpt, and an alternate portrait that I would probably never use. If there are folks who dig it, then I'm glad they like it and I hope they get it. Honestly, I'd probably still get it if they hadn't recycled the primary headsculpt.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

[...]
I was massively disappointed in it[...]

I thought about this one for a while, but shoulders, thighs and forearms seem weirdly proportioned, and I feel the neck could have been better, although on its own that may not have been a dealbreaker. In spite of being *big*, there was a sort of sleek athleticism to Cavill in the suit, and I don't think this captures it.

Last email I received from Sideshow on 1/24 said it was expected to ship 3/05. But I've had my billing cycle with them set up for the 5th of the month from a year and a half ago. So it always gets bumped to the 5th the next month, etc.

Traditionally , how does the payment notification give a clue about shipment time ?

What do you mean by the suit being flimsy and sticky ?

I got the MOS, and although it did tear under armpit a notch, the articulation with the suit is great. I can play with it as much as I want without worrying about it.

Traditionally , how does the payment notification give a clue about shipment time ?
If memory serves- I think if there's a delay we get an email stating such about 10 days before payment is due to be processed. My last email from them was 1/29 and this time instead of a delay email it says " Superman item shipping soon" My final payment is due to be processed on 2/10. This is giving me hope.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

What do you mean by the suit being flimsy and sticky ?

I got the MOS, and although it did tear under armpit a notch, the articulation with the suit is great. I can play with it as much as I want without worrying about it.

Pretty much what I said. Iv had the mos and the bvs version and the material on this is completely different.
It actually sticks to itself, if you have it creased up against itself it fuses to it. Itsa very light material, a little handling & itll begin to flake.

Back