Hot Toys Justice League Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Word is that Chinese government has halted post till after feb 2. So I?m embracing for yet another delay.

I mean, if you want to pay more for it, go ahead.

According to people on this forum, TWL is a reliable reseller yes ?

I?m doing this to cut time short. I?m overseas and by the time SS gets the items and ship it, will reach by mid-April.

Last edited:
It makes sense to me if you're overseas to pay a little extra if it saves you on those other fees that happen when SS ships internationally.

However, I never understand the impatience of some US collectors. They rather pay more just to get it now than wait a little while longer and get it for a *potentially* cheaper price (Unless you got a good price on eBay or something like that). Even having the expendable money to do so, it just doesn't make sense to me.

It makes sense to me if you're overseas to pay a little extra if it saves you on those other fees that happen when SS ships internationally.

However, I never understand the impatience of some US collectors. They rather pay more just to get it now than wait a little while longer and get it for a *potentially* cheaper price (Unless you got a good price on eBay or something like that). Even having the expendable money to do so, it just doesn't make sense to me.

I buy the majority of my hot toys direct from Hong Kong-it always works out cheaper than sideshow.
apart from things like Ironman-they are always marked up ridiculously high.

Im in the uk, when I buy from sideshow-I get hit with 40 dollars shipping &a custom fee of anything between 50 & 90 pounds.

I got my jl superman on the 4th January & it cost me about 40pound less than if Id got it from sideshow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

According to people on this forum, TWL is a reliable reseller yes ?

I?m doing this to cut time short. I?m overseas and by the time SS gets the items and ship it, will reach by mid-April.

I?ve ordered from them without issue. Shipping is quick and packed well.

I buy the majority of my hot toys direct from Hong Kong-it always works out cheaper than sideshow.

Im in the uk, when I buy from sideshow-I get hit with 40 dollars shipping &a custom fee of anything between 50 & 90 pounds.

I got my jl superman on the 4th January & it cost me about 40pound less than if Id got it from sideshow.

Yeah I definitely wouldn't buy from Sideshow unless you have to. I don't understand how tou get charged so much on a 1/6 figure though. I'm also in the UK and customs charged me ?60 on Prime 1 Batman Hush, two huge boxes $1000 statue. Recent Catwoman PF they customs hit me for ?34. Both were bought from Sideshow.

?50-90 on a $200-250 figure you're getting way overcharged and should claim some of that money back.

I also buy my Hot Toys from Hong Kong but KG Hobby. Used to take about a month after initial release for them to get stock now that's 2-3 months sadly. But I'm only paying ?185 for Supes, I'd rather wait than pay ?300 to get it from Toys Wonderland or TimCent as soon as it releases.

Yeah I definitely wouldn't buy from Sideshow unless you have to. I don't understand how tou get charged so much on a 1/6 figure though. I'm also in the UK and customs charged me ?60 on Prime 1 Batman Hush, two huge boxes $1000 statue. Recent Catwoman PF they customs hit me for ?34. Both were bought from Sideshow.

?50-90 on a $200-250 figure you're getting way overcharged and should claim some of that money back.

I also buy my Hot Toys from Hong Kong but KG Hobby. Used to take about a month after initial release for them to get stock now that's 2-3 months sadly. But I'm only paying ?185 for Supes, I'd rather wait than pay ?300 to get it from Toys Wonderland or TimCent as soon as it releases.

Every single 1/6th figure Iv been charged at least 52 pound they combine vat & handling fees.
For my 1/4 joker it was 98 pound.
Vat is 20 percent of the cost of the item So you must be getting seriously undercharged?
77f28342b59876e4eb390ae9ba3317c3.jpg

I only paid 210 pounds for my superman straight from Hong Kong on day of release with no custom fees with ems shipping.

Every single 1/6th figure Iv been charged at least 52 pound they combine vat & handling fees.
For my 1/4 joker it was 98 pound.
Vat is 20 percent of the cost of the item So you must be getting seriously undercharged?
77f28342b59876e4eb390ae9ba3317c3.jpg

I only paid 210 pounds for my superman straight from Hong Kong on day of release with no custom fees with ems shipping.

?60 is the most I've paid to DHL so far and that was a 1/3 scale statue. Either I'm very lucky or you're very unlucky lol.

I actually got a shipping soon email for this. It says my final Flexpay will be charged on 2/10.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Yeah. All other emails were Flexpay schedule change, so maybe we actually get him next month.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Hmmmm. I wonder why I don?t get these emails. Is it because I went ahead and told them to charge me fully after my third installment payment? Has me worried. I keep checking my order on the site to make sure it?s still there.

That's the point I was making in my first sentence :huh: when you're not US based as in your case being in the UK, it makes sense to order direct so you don't get hit with those extra fees.

Where it doesn't make sense to me (as I mentioned) is for impatient US based customers who seem to be happy to spend the extra $ just to get it now instead of later, unless they manage to get a good deal elsewhere which (to my knowledge) doesn't happen that often. Patience is just part of the game.

That's the point I was making in my first sentence :huh: when you're not US based as in your case being in the UK, it makes sense to order direct so you don't get hit with those extra fees.

Where it doesn't make sense to me (as I mentioned) is for impatient US based customers who seem to be happy to spend the extra $ just to get it now instead of later, unless they manage to get a good deal elsewhere which (to my knowledge) doesn't happen that often. Patience is just part of the game.

Just showing you how much more it actually costs to buy from sideshow out with America

Just showing you how much more it actually costs to buy from sideshow out with America

This was the VAT note with my Catwoman PF. Same deal with the Prime 1 Batman and the SS figures I've had from Sideshow. Weird that they aren't consistent with what they charge within the same country.

20200130_043043.jpg

JL supes just arrived today. Didnt have much time to find a pose I like but thought I'd take a quick pic and share with you fellow collectors. I'm definitely liking this figure. I liked how it looked from reviews and online pics but It looks way better in person. Now I'm just waiting on my custom wired cape I ordered from Lucky. I'm sure that cape will take this figure to the next level.
47d3694dc6849a1ca96b4c5c1c9c3fee.jpg

Back