Hot Toys Justice League Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While I like the MOS suit design in the film most, the figure really looks dated now. Especially with the stock cape.
MoS figure looks dated in most aspects but I do still prefer the overall proportions. BvS and now JL have made the legs a little short. Only a minor complaint.

I'm glad I'm not the only one saying that. People continue to hold the MOS in high regard, but I always think the BVS comparison wipes the floor with it.

I'm not getting the hate on these DC figs. We're getting really cool figures that are well executed but HT is being [insert complaint of choice here] because they make more toys from the license that's actually going somewhere.

Batman is pretty much lauded as the next best thing to the BvS. I've not seen true complaints about it beyond the normal padding/cape talk we see with the character.

Aquaman, looks largely identical to the proto, which is about as much as they can do with a scaly rubber suit. A suit which was widely accepted due to comic accuracy. If they put cuts in for articulation you all would chastise them for that too.

And then this is pretty much the best answer to a Superman which has classic colors and modern design? It's phoned in because the hair part isn't accurate? Figure isn't good because of it? Yeah, I think tough crowd is an accurate statement.

Sculpt reuse? HT has reused the same Cap sculpt since 2015. Thor went through three iterations before getting a new sculpt. And those are from the "favorite child" franchise.
There are three Wonder Woman sculpts, three Harleys, two Leto Jokers, now two Cavill sculpts...that's more variety per character than most of the MCU figures.

Because they put all their resources into the mcu.

As they should. HT is a business. If they loose 5 DC collectors at the benefit of gaining 20 MCU ones, at the end of the day they're in the net positive. HT cannot nor should not be faulted for the failings of Warner Brothers and the misguiding of the DCEU that make it the less desirable franchise to invest in. There are valid criticisms like timeframe of release, and even the decision to skip out on Shazam (which I think we will see with a sequel). Questionable ab crunch on the JL Aquaman? Yeah that's a solid faux pas. But the quality and execution of what we are getting isn't something I'd really tear into.

People are SO wound up about this JL Superman because of what they imagined would be changed. Changes to HT are so few and far in-between that the "disappointment" lies squarely on the imaginations that built these expectations. We got exactly what was advertised and a little more considering general refinements.

And all in all, I think this Superman came out great. I generally really, really don't care about Superman. I think he's a boring character and honestly offers little in terms of interest. But this figure is genuinely making me consider picking one up because of how good it looks. I keep coming back to the thread to see pics and each time I genuinely like what I see. And I think that says a lot to what made it to market and what HT pulled off. Even with a reused sculpt.

I'm glad I'm not the only one saying that. People continue to hold the MOS in high regard, but I always think the BVS comparison wipes the floor with it.

I'm not getting the hate on these DC figs. We're getting really cool figures that are well executed but HT is being [insert complaint of choice here] because they make more toys from the license that's actually going somewhere.

Batman is pretty much lauded as the next best thing to the BvS. I've not seen true complaints about it beyond the normal padding/cape talk we see with the character.

Aquaman, looks largely identical to the proto, which is about as much as they can do with a scaly rubber suit. A suit which was widely accepted due to comic accuracy. If they put cuts in for articulation you all would chastise them for that too.

And then this is pretty much the best answer to a Superman which has classic colors and modern design? It's phoned in because the hair part isn't accurate? Figure isn't good because of it? Yeah, I think tough crowd is an accurate statement.

Sculpt reuse? HT has reused the same Cap sculpt since 2015. Thor went through three iterations before getting a new sculpt. And those are from the "favorite child" franchise.
There are three Wonder Woman sculpts, three Harleys, two Leto Jokers, now two Cavill sculpts...that's more variety per character than most of the MCU figures.

As they should. HT is a business. If they loose 5 DC collectors at the benefit of gaining 20 MCU ones, at the end of the day they're in the net positive. HT cannot nor should not be faulted for the failings of Warner Brothers and the misguiding of the DCEU that make it the less desirable franchise to invest in. There are valid criticisms like timeframe of release, and even the decision to skip out on Shazam (which I think we will see with a sequel). Questionable ab crunch on the JL Aquaman? Yeah that's a solid faux pas. But the quality and execution of what we are getting isn't something I'd really tear into.

People are SO wound up about this JL Superman because of what they imagined would be changed. Changes to HT are so few and far in-between that the "disappointment" lies squarely on the imaginations that built these expectations. We got exactly what was advertised and a little more considering general refinements.

And all in all, I think this Superman came out great. I generally really, really don't care about Superman. I think he's a boring character and honestly offers little in terms of interest. But this figure is genuinely making me consider picking one up because of how good it looks. I keep coming back to the thread to see pics and each time I genuinely like what I see. And I think that says a lot to what made it to market and what HT pulled off. Even with a reused sculpt.

Thank you. Voice of reason in a hall of whiners and complainers.

... I generally really, really don't care about Superman. I think he's a boring character and honestly offers little in terms of interest...
I’ve been reading Superman for nearly 30years, more than any other comic character I’ve tried to read, even Batman. He’s way more interesting than ppl give him credit for.

Good speech though. The MoS has a great sculpt but needs A LOT of work to bring the figure up to par.

I?ve been reading Superman for nearly 30years, more than any other comic character I?ve tried to read, even Batman. He?s way more interesting than ppl give him credit for.

Good speech though. The MoS has a great sculpt but needs A LOT of work to bring the figure up to par.

Same, I hate the "Superman is boring" bs. He's the one that started it all. Anyone who loves comic books, movies, this entire hobby should be eternally grateful to Superman.

Although I feel like I?ve outgrown the character, Supes is a part of my childhood; I read his comics until I was 15.

I wouldn?t call him boring although some iterations are way overpowered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think a lot of people who dislike Superman see him the way Lex Luther sees him. As an overpowered boys scout who couldn?t possibly be as good as he claims to be. As if he could and should not exist because he is too powerful and can?t be trusted therefore his story is too far fetched to suspend disbelief. Luther tried to expose the flaws in his character thinking he would be seen by people as less than a God if he could just show his darker human nature.

When in reality Kal El had a very nuanced story. An alien orphaned on an alien world where no one could possibly understand him, forced by his good nature and his unwillingness to live with the guilt of inaction, to save as many people as he could because he could not drown out their screams for help. His only reprieve was visiting his fortress of solitude for a well deserved respite while still dealing with the guilt of all those he could not save by doing nothing. He is a very deep character if you just scratch the surface but if you are unwilling to look any further than his power base you will only boil down everything he does to a simplistic explanation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used to dislike Superman until I started watching the old Justice League Unlimited TV series and recently the Injustice comic series. Think those two works do a better job of showing a complex Superman.

Do people who hate Superman hate captain america as well?

Good question! Do many Marvel fans hate on Cap?

I expect Marvel fans to hate Supes but it annoys me when it comes from DC fans who should at the very least respect the character. Not saying he should be everyone's favourite, of course we all have our own tastes.

Superman is okay to me not my favorite. The movies got me into him more. Same with cap well the newer comics got me into cap, around the time of the civil war comics then movie put me over the edge. But I'm kinda of a marvel fan boy for the most part. But do like some stuff dc like some characters.And of course batman mainly and his gallery.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Simple equations:

Batman= what we are = relatable
Superman= what we should strive to be= unrelatable to lazy, down to earth people.

People need gritty because life is greedy. Superman is way out of their reach because they’ve given trying to be better in a hard world.

I've never read a Captain America comic and the character wasn't anywhere on my radar prior to MCU. Not a big favourite and what I like about him is actually what I like in Superman.

I grew up a DC fan barring Spider-Man.

Now as an adult, I don't read Superman comics but would still take those over a Captain America title.

Superman, Captain America, and Cyclops are my three favorite heroes, and they all have a lot in common. Superman is, obviously, the number one spot. Just an amazing character who, despite his awesome powers, is ultimately defined by his own willpower. I love the origin story. I love his life in Smallville. I love that he took the Clark Kent heritage and Kal-El heritage and combined them into his true self, something that represents the best each world has to offer while still inherently harboring a slightly cynical view of each world. The concept of Superman is nuanced. I generally think people that find him boring lack imagination, but I also admit that there have been plenty of Superman stories that have similarly lacked imagination.

For the Man Who Has Everything remains one of my favorite Superman stories. It's a good Batman story too. And an even better Robin story. The JLU episode is good too.

Superman for all seasons is one of my favorite Superman stories. IMO it's one of the best stories in terms of really humanizing him and really capturing what the character is all about. It's a fairly short read too. I think its a good place to start if anyone is curious at all.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Superman For All Seasons is fantastic! I haven?t read it in awhile, I?m gonna have to dig it out. Always loved the John Byrne Man of Steel reboot as well.

I love in Seasons when the kid compliments his costume and he says thanks, my mom made it for me. Just gives you an idea of who he is through such a simple interaction.

Damn. This figure with tax comes out to $280 from Sideshow. I always said when they hit $300 I was out of the 1/6 line. Doesn't look like that price point is too far around the corner.

Back