Hot Toys Justice League Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
9986639a1ab445fe327d9517dc4db15f.jpg

Updated release date from sideshow

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just for the email and came here to post.

Hopefully it comes out for xmas so I can open something up with the kids.

My ship date was formerly set for Nov. 5th and now it's Nov. - Jan.

I'm reading that Spider-Man FFH movie promo version and Gamora have also been revised/delayed as such. It's not just this Superman.

From what I've read, HT are actually manufactured in South Korea. As we know, they ship first to the central Asian distribution hub in Hong Kong. It could be that political unrest in China is to blame. But the same sort of unrest was going on when JL Batman arrived in HK.

I doubt that Trump's current problems are affecting things significantly yet at a level like this (i.e., delay in release of a luxury item) in Asia. And if Trump eventually resigns or is removed from office I would imagine they'll be quite pleased about that in HK. The Chinese government will certainly be happy. But at this stage we're at least 2-3 months from a vote on impeachment. The inquiry will move very fast though. (The identified problematic behaviors having already been admitted to by the principal actors.)

Oh, come on, everyone knows it is a farce! There’s zero chance Trump is going to be impeached! :lol

He'll be impeached for sure. There will be an impeachment trial. Whether Republicans stand firm to defend him or just enough break ranks to vote to remove him is a whole other story. That will likely depend on opinion polls.

He'll be impeached for sure. There will be an impeachment trial. Whether Republicans stand firm to defend him or just enough break ranks to vote to remove him is a whole other story. That will likely depend on opinion polls.

I hope so. You guys have been the laughing stock of the world for long enough...

I hope so. You guys have been the laughing stock of the world for long enough...

Trump's fate will be determined by how the facts of the case, and arguments from both sides, plays in the minds of the average voter who doesn't follow politics much. That, by the way, is most voters.

Will most of those uninformed people be disturbed by the basic facts of the case? How deeply? We'll simply have to see. But if turns out that the opinion polls are strongly in favor of removal from office, the problem Republicans have is that even if they want to support Trump (even if it is just to stand against the Democrats), they have to win at home. If most of their voters are sufficiently upset to support removal, like all politicians above all else they want to remain in office, so they will turn.

It may not go that way, just saying if it happens that's essentially how and why. Watch the polls as the story progresses and then watch the politicians react.

And I will add that this is truly unprecedented for our nation. Ronald Reagan is turning over in his grave. (I say this as someone who believes Reagan was one of the few great modern presidents even if I completely disagreed with him on a number of core issues.) Never in a million years would Reagan have solicited a foreign power for help in defeating a political rival. If you know anything at all about Reagan... my God. Never. (And Russia? Ukraine? China? Reagan would be having convulsions.)

As conservative judge Andrew Napolitano has pointed out, regardless of how one intreprets whether Trump did so via a prid quo pro... which anyone looking it dispassionately and logically must conclude is self-evident from Trump's own words...but anyway irrespective of that... the act of soliciting such foreign assistance is, in itself, the very definition of a "high crime" that the framers of our constitution were concerned about. It seems Trump's defense strategy is to double down and act like it's no big deal. The message is that this is just how business is done, etc. Trying to normalize it. But he's hoisting himself with his own petard. Add to that veiled threats against the whistleblower which is witness intimidation. If he continues to exhort followers to rise up in a civil war that is sedition. We'll see how bad this gets as he continues to melt down.

The core facts of the case... provided by none other than Trump himself!... are simple and easy for virtually any observer to understand. And those core facts will not go away despite every attempt to obfuscate or misdirect from them. The Trump support base will continue to defend him for a while yet. Mainly they'll minimize it. They live in their own insular information bubble (as do hardcore liberals). But the average uninformed voter does not inhabit that conservative news source bubble. And the law is the law. The constitution is actually clear about this. Furthermore, from an ethical standpoint if you agree with Trump you disagree with Ronald Reagan. (There's no way to square this.) Almost by the minute it becomes more and more painfully embarrassing and difficult for Republicans to continue to support the president.

Especially given Trump's exceedingly poor judgment and impulsivity recently (since the story broke but especially yesterday--and it may get much worse), there is no way this damage will be undone. Come election time the clips of Trump himself behaving erratically, and anyone supporting him as such, will be played over and over and over in attack ads. Forget any moderates and independents voting for him at this point. Literally, unless Russia and/or China hacks into the U.S.'s voting system Trump cannot win the 2020 election. Only in the staunchest Republican states and districts would Republican candidates have anything to do with him. Anywhere that moderate conservative, independent, or so-called Reagan Democrat voters are in play Republicans simply cannot afford politically to be associated with Trump.

Sorry, as this is way off topic... I began by speculating about whether Trump's political troubles could affect trade relations with China and then release of our HT 1/6 collectible figures... but I felt compelled to address the comment about how this appears to the rest of the world.

Forget any moderates and independents voting for him at this point. Literally, unless Russia and/or China hacks into the U.S.'s voting system Trump cannot win the 2020 election. Only in the staunchest Republican states and districts would Republican candidates have anything to do with him. Anywhere that moderate conservative, independent, or so-called Reagan Democrat voters are in play Republicans simply cannot afford politically to be associated with Trump.

I agree.
As a very well-informed onlooker from neutral country, i cannot see Trump winning "legally"(If he even won legally the last time, plus there will be far more scrutiny on the voting process this time), and so i reckon it's 100% in the best interests of the Republican party as a whole to side with the impeachment. Even though Pence isn't the best choice, he might have more of a chance of keeping the white house than Trump does.

Sorry, as this is way off topic... I began by speculating about whether Trump's political troubles could affect trade relations with China and then release of our HT 1/6 collectible figures... but I felt compelled to address the comment about how this appears to the rest of the world.

Don't worry about it.
I think anyone who has a problem will be able to just ignore any political posts. We are all friends here, and a friendly discussion often veers off topic for a bit, but we get back eventually(When the figure is released, lol).

I've heard it all before with Trump and he always gets off the hook. No one gave him a chance in 2016 so I wouldn't write him off this time.

If they impeach him won't that make him something of a martyr in the eyes of his supporters and divide the country even more?

I can't believe Bernie or creepy Joe could win. Do the Democrats have any credible candidates?

Politics is a depressing landscape everywhere you look right now. In the UK we'll have to choose to between a bufoon and a antisemitic Trotskyist lol.

You guys should cut this crap right now.
No one comes here to think about politics, quite the opposite.
Keep your opinions to yourselves or go somewhere else to vent off, NOT HERE!
:nono:nono

I've heard it all before with Trump and he always gets off the hook. No one gave him a chance in 2016 so I wouldn't write him off this time.

If they impeach him won't that make him something of a martyr in the eyes of his supporters and divide the country even more?

I can't believe Bernie or creepy Joe could win. Do the Democrats have any credible candidates?

Politics is a depressing landscape everywhere you look right now. In the UK we'll have to choose to between a bufoon and a antisemitic Trotskyist lol.

You may be right that he’ll manage to survive this somehow. But if so it would only embolden him and he would eventually cross an even more serious line somewhere that would clearly go too far by almost anyone’s definition. Which is something that Republican leadership has to be thinking about. He’s a loose cannon.

Biden will probably get the nomination, unless some major dirt is released on him. If he's tarred with something bad I would imagine that Kamala Harris would be the go-to. I don't think Sanders or Elizabeth Warren appeal enough to the political center, which is especially vital in an election right in the current climate. Harris would work out fine.

Yeah, the political process is pretty broken it seems. No one can simply tell the truth out there. It makes it impossible to serve effectively.

Even though Pence isn't the best choice, he might have more of a chance of keeping the white house than Trump does.

If it is clear that Pence is implicated as well, then he's damaged goods. If he knew what was going on and failed to report it, he is complicit.

They'll probably follow the model used for Nixon. Vice president resigns first. Both parties sit down and agree on a replacement from the Republican party that gets along reasonably well with Democrats. This person will be the next president. (During the Nixon administration behind closed doors both parties agreed upon Gerald Ford.) Then the president resigns. He'll have to resign because Mitch McConnell (Republican Senate majority leader) will tell Trump that the vote will result in impeachment. They'll tell him that if he resigns he'll be pardoned by his successor. But if he forces the vote to be removed he will not have that protection, i.e., he will be prosecuted criminally after he is removed from office, and will end up in jail. So he resigns to avoid that.

Back