Hot Toys Justice League Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Woah woah woah, what? They cancelled cyborg?!?!

I really wanted this guy for two reasons 1) Cavill was the first superman I ever saw on the big screen and so I imagine he'll always be a favorite, no matter how many different actors WB cycles through in the future and 2) I really thought he'd pair great with the Arkham Knight Batman (at least until we get a Superman video game figure). Fingers crossed they see this through.

Since cyborg was canceled. Do you think this one and batman were as well?

No those have been in production and they have been filling orders for them. Cyborg never went into production. All we ever saw was the prototype at 2017 SDCC, I think it was.

WB are ****ing idiots. Instead of sticking to their guns and having faith in their course they chickened out and re-booted.

Just looking at first Marvel films. Iron Man 1 & 2 had around $600M global box office.
Man of Steel $668M global. BvS $873M global. What is wrong with that for initial movies ?

Moving forward with established characters using a Marvel approach reaps you big $ over the longer term. Marvel clearly shows that having millions of viewers invested means they almost all go to see each movie in the "series". Marvel has had something like 11 of the last billion $ movies made.

But no, WB had to have instant success and were too chicken to keep to their guns, even when Marvel has been taking all the risks and showing the way it can be done. Even with 3 movies a year ! Justice League I do't even want to discuss the levels of stupidity by WB exhibited there.

Yes Aquaman was $1b, but I would argue this is also because he was established in the Justice League. People knew Mamoa as a cool character, and the film was pretty cool.

So now we will have another Batman, no doubt another Superman for no reason whatsoever.

No wonder HT treats DC as last priority. It's all just so frustrating.

OK if Affleck wanted out due to alcohol or whatever fine, but keep Cavill in and maintain the course and vibe. Sure it was dark, but that makes it different to Marvel. BvS ext version was excellent in my opinion and complex, dealing with real issues.

If the JJ Abrams rumour is true he'll start out with a blank piece of paper and re-cast. That's unfortunately his style.

I'll be happy once I get my Cavill Superman and call it a day with Batfleck, Wonderwoman and Supes figures.

Yeah, I do mostly agree with this.

I think being that the DCEU started roughly halfway into the game after the MCU, I think they were looking for instant billion dollar box office hits to compete with the MCU, as opposed to building up to it like the MCU. However, while 873 million is no slouch for a second outing film in a universe, I do agree that BvS should have been a billion dollar outing, being that it had DC’s three marquee characters on the screen for the first time alone.

I still staunchly believe had they released the UE as opposed to the theatrical cut, it would have done it. UE is a big long and probably could have 10-15 minutes shaved off of it (don’t think showing a naked Affleck in the shower was necessary :lol), but I think it blows the theatrical cut away and is the true BvS film to me. The UE actually garnered a lot of praise from critics when it was released for that one evening in select theaters. BvSUE in my opinion is the best modern day superhero film, both DCEU and MCU.

I'm getting really frustrated with this and the JL bats. I guess if it doesn't show up by end of the year, then it's not coming at all.

It’ll release, just a matter of when. I can’t name an instance where HT put a figure up for PO and then never delivered on it. DCEU just isn’t a top priority right now for HT, and rightfully so.

I pray this guy releases in August. I’ve waited for so long. Yea Marvel kicks DC ass we know. However this guy is my favorite and Henry Cavill to me was the best Superman of my time. I was born in 1990 and I only want this Superman in my collection. I don’t prefer the bodies on others I’ve seen. Come on hot toys... let us get this dude.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From all the Snyder era films, does anyone know which of the figures have sold out? Just off the top of my head I'm thinking MoS, BvS Supes, BvS Bats, BvS Armored Bats, BvS Battle Damaged Bats, Knightmare Bats, BvS Wondy, training armor WW. Did I miss any? But as far as I know none of the JL line has sold out yet.

Edit: Hmm! On BBTS this figure is showing as sold out now, see here. Yet on Sideshow it's showing as available for preorder. All the other JL figures are either in stock or available for preorder at BBTS, though.

the only JL Hot toys that has sold out on sideshow is Wonder Woman the regular one, but the exclusive is still on their site

If he was demanding more money and creative control one can hardly blame WB for saying no. Yes he wanted to do MoS 2 but only under certain conditions it seems

You can't blame Cavill too for asking "creative control' this guy was probably make everything the studio or director want since the first movie, including reshoots with ridiculous CGI of his face, that's probably why he said no for the Shazam cameo, he must be tired to be treated like a puppet, i don't think he wants make significant creative changes, but at least have a minimum of control.

You can't blame Cavill too for asking "creative control' this guy was probably make everything the studio or director want since the first movie, including reshoots with ridiculous CGI of his face, that's probably why he said no for the Shazam cameo, he must be tired to be treated like a puppet, i don't think he wants make significant creative changes, but at least have a minimum of control.

Although the Abrams/WarnerMedia deal is definitely going through, it apparently is still being finalized by the attorneys. Ann Sarnoff is officially taking over at WB next week. (Reportedly however she is Abrams' wife's pick, and JJ's wife Katie McGrath also reportedly got Tsujihara canned.)

I actually don't think Cavill is out of the running. They just can't tell Henry anything until Sarnoff is in charge, and the Abrams deal is fully inked. Not saying he has the job. Just that they're still waiting for these changes before they can even broach the subject.

That said, I will hardly be shocked if they opt for anther actor. But there are things in favor of keeping Henry. He's basically popular with the fans as Superman overall, even if many disliked Snyder's approach. He delivers a seriously underrated Clark Kent. He got the Kansas accent down to a tee. It's more grounded versus the Donner/Reeves lovevable dufus mensch (reprised by Brandon Routh in Singer's Superman Returns with disastrous box office results). Cavill's/Snyder's Clark is quite close to what Abrams wanted to do back in 2002.

I think Abrams will do what he wanted to do back then, honestly. It's just that he's fully trusted at this stage to accomplish that in a crowd pleasing way (except for some highly vocal superfans) that critics will applaud. As demonstrated by Star Trek, ST Into Darkness, and The Force Awakens. A lot riding on SW Episode 9--and it's Disney--so it will do mega box office and critics will approve. Probably won't be controversial but rather will restore Luke to what most fans wanted (and Mark Hamill wanted--not that that matters, of course).

The draft of the Flyby script that got leaked I think must have been a version that intentionally set out to shatter many character conventions as a kind of writing exercise, or something. But who knows.

Although the Abrams/WarnerMedia deal is definitely going through, it apparently is still being finalized by the attorneys. Ann Sarnoff is officially taking over at WB next week. (Reportedly however she is Abrams' wife's pick, and JJ's wife Katie McGrath also reportedly got Tsujihara canned.)

I actually don't think Cavill is out of the running. They just can't tell Henry anything until Sarnoff is in charge, and the Abrams deal is fully inked. Not saying he has the job. Just that they're still waiting for these changes before they can even broach the subject.

That said, I will hardly be shocked if they opt for anther actor. But there are things in favor of keeping Henry. He's basically popular with the fans as Superman overall, even if many disliked Snyder's approach. He delivers a seriously underrated Clark Kent. He got the Kansas accent down to a tee. It's more grounded versus the Donner/Reeves lovevable dufus mensch (reprised by Brandon Routh in Singer's Superman Returns with disastrous box office results). Cavill's/Snyder's Clark is quite close to what Abrams wanted to do back in 2002.

I think Abrams will do what he wanted to do back then, honestly. It's just that he's fully trusted at this stage to accomplish that in a crowd pleasing way (except for some highly vocal superfans) that critics will applaud. As demonstrated by Star Trek, ST Into Darkness, and The Force Awakens. A lot riding on SW Episode 9--and it's Disney--so it will do mega box office and critics will approve. Probably won't be controversial but rather will restore Luke to what most fans wanted (and Mark Hamill wanted--not that that matters, of course).

The draft of the Flyby script that got leaked I think must have been a version that intentionally set out to shatter many character conventions as a kind of writing exercise, or something. But who knows.

That potentially puts a slightly different light on Cavill's latest comment about what he would like to do. Perhaps his want to analyse essentially a god among humans is also in line with what Abrams wants to do, therefore keeping him in the running. That and fan support as well.

I didn't realise Abrams was previously interested in Superman ? Let's just hope WB is looking to him to do his re-boot thing and hopefully get them back on track in a good way. i.e keeping Cavill, WW, Aquaman and hell a totally different Batman for all I care.

I will be blunt and say any future Superman movie we get is going to be a complete departure from what Snyder wanted. I don't mean that to be a jerk. Just that "Maybe what he wants lines up with what Zack was also doing" seems really unlikely and I doubt the studio wants that anymore either. They want a crowd pleasing Superman that wins people over rather than something hugely divisive.

I also think Cavill staying on is a toss up. "The fans want it" may be a factor but I honestly don't think it's a big one. Like someone else mentioned, the unfortunate reality is that Henry Cavill is not Robert Downey Jr. as Iron Man. His movies have not been well received enough for him to get to that status. I actually want him to stay (as I feel he got a bum rap over issues that weren't his fault), but if they recast him like they are with Batman, there's not gonna be some huge backlash or resistance to the movie.

I actually want him to stay (as I feel he got a bum rap over issues that weren't his fault), but if they recast him like they are with Batman, there's not gonna be some huge backlash or resistance to the movie.

Oh yeah, he only stays if Abrams wants him for whatever he has in mind! Period. Assuming that Abrams will make a Superman trilogy which I think is very likely.

Edit: or whichever director they use, same thing. I just think that the reason we haven't seen a Superman film go into production is that they were saving it for Abrams. But obviously that's a guess.

There won't be much backlash over a reboot IF the movie is good. Backlash will only happen if the movie again proves divisive.

I just want a great Superman movie that the majority of the fanbase loves. That we haven't had that since 1978 reflects very badly on WB.

Those same rumours tying Abrams to a new Superman project have him at the helm for Green Lantern to. I guess that would make sense with his background in Sci-fi.

There won't be much backlash over a reboot IF the movie is good. Backlash will only happen if the movie again proves divisive.

I just want a great Superman movie that the majority of the fanbase loves. That we haven't had that since 1978 reflects very badly on WB.

Those same rumours tying Abrams to a new Superman project have him at the helm for Green Lantern to. I guess that would make sense with his background in Sci-fi.

It’s going to be decisive off the bat because those who refuse to look past Snyder’s version( not labeling the entire fan base of the dc movies) will dismiss it off the bat (no pun intended).

It’s going to be decisive off the bat because those who refuse to look past Snyder’s version( not labeling the entire fan base of the dc movies) will dismiss it off the bat (no pun intended).

Obviously not speaking for all Snyderverse fans but I think they just want their superheroes to feel like they could exist in our real world and have some psychological depth and complexity. Not that there can't be humor (humor is big part of life), but at the bottom line the film takes a serious approach to the subject matter.

I think Abrams absolutely can deliver that.

MSSuJ1l.jpg

We've seen movie franchises continue before after recasting/replacing iterations of characters that were far more popular than Snyder's. I don't think it's gonna be a huge deal except on certain corners of the internet.

Please please please let Sideshow get JL Superman this month. Damn already. I’m so close to canceling this dude... but I’ve waited this long. So idk...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back