Hot Toys Justice League Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really, do you mean that seriously about HBO ? Don't get HBO Max in Europe as far as I know, so not familiar with what they get involved with.

So you think if they ever did release it, it wouldn't go to cinemas. I guess they probably wouldn't as it potentially goes against their decision and current canon. However that said, do they really follow/have canon at DC ?? :lol

HBO Max is going to be AT&T/WarnerMedia's streaming service, it will be their main competitor with Netflix and Amazon Prime. It'll be an app just like Netflix and Prime, so if you have a smart TV and/or use a streaming stick (Roku, Fire stick, etc.), or want to watch on a phone, tablet, or computer you can just install the app. Disney is doing the same thing with Disney Plus. All the giant traditonal media companies want to create their own version of Netflix given how successful it has been. And they are hungry for content. (Especially original content, as Netflix and Amazon now produce their own movies and TV show.) WarnerMedia may offer the Snyder cut in a package deal, such as you get it when you sign up for 3 months of HBO Max at their monthly fee.

Myself, I doubt the Snyder cut will get a theater release. Rather, I think they would use it to drive traffic toward the new streaming service. But I do think it will be made available on blu ray and DVD eventually. Or on second thought, I dunno... maybe a limited theater release if it does really impressive numbers on streaming?

As far as canon goes, I think with the early success of Joker, WB has cemented their so-called "Black Label" brand of films. They will just consider it Black Label, probably.

Awesome. I have kept relatively up to date with the Snyder Cut info, but this is pretty recent. Did you see the video of the questions to Snyder himself at a Con over the summer ? And the discussion to the fans ?

Well, I can only keep my fingers crossed. Any tips on the best Instagram or Twitter feeds to keep up to date on it especially if it were released ?

Follow this guy for updates: https://twitter.com/nexuspong

Yep, Snyder confirmed to fans at the charity event to restore a film school theater last March where they showed three of his diretor's cuts* that he has about 10 versions, that his definitive director's cut has a runtime of 214 minutes (3:34) and "it's done... it's just up to them (WB)."

Two latest details are Jason Mamoa recording an Instagram video while hanging out with Zack and Deborah Snyder in which Jason thanks Zack for showing him the Snyder cut and commenting in the post that it's "siiiiiiiiicccccckkkkk; and then just a couple days ago a fan that got Jason to take a selfie asked if the VFX is done and Jason basically indicated he was still under NDA to not answer, but if he could say "just two words" we'd all "freak out" and he "hopes that it gets leaked" (i.e., that yes, it's actually completed, VFX is done, is what I think he meant the leak would be). Many speculate that the two words Jason is implying are probably those that Snyder used himself last March: "It's done."

*This included BvS UE, although personally I believe we will still eventually get a true director's cut of BvS since the UE was actually the originally planned theater release before the studio insisted it be whittled it down from 3:01 to 2:31 at the eleventh hour in order to try to get the most IMAX showings! That's why they named it the "Ultimate Edition" versus "director's cut." There are specific DGA rules regarding the director's cut, and I'm not 100% sure but I think it may actually have to be identified as a "director's cut," i.e., to be so named, in order to be such.

Prime1
Revealed their black suit superman today.
God damn guarantee hot toys will rush out a black suit version too now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HBO Max is going to be AT&T/WarnerMedia's streaming service, it will be their main competitor with Netflix and Amazon Prime. It'll be an app just like Netflix and Prime, so if you have a smart TV and/or use a streaming stick (Roku, Fire stick, etc.), or want to watch on a phone, tablet, or computer you can just install the app. Disney is doing the same thing with Disney Plus. All the giant traditonal media companies want to create their own version of Netflix given how successful it has been. And they are hungry for content. (Especially original content, as Netflix and Amazon now produce their own movies and TV show.) WarnerMedia may offer the Snyder cut in a package deal, such as you get it when you sign up for 3 months of HBO Max at their monthly fee.

Myself, I doubt the Snyder cut will get a theater release. Rather, I think they would use it to drive traffic toward the new streaming service. But I do think it will be made available on blu ray and DVD eventually. Or on second thought, I dunno... maybe a limited theater release if it does really impressive numbers on streaming?

As far as canon goes, I think with the early success of Joker, WB has cemented their so-called "Black Label" brand of films. They will just consider it Black Label, probably.

Ah OK. I've been following Disney+ closely due to Star Wars and Marvel content of course. But didn't know WB were also working towards something. Makes total sense though. Why wouldn't they ?? No doubt the execs will ****** it up too somehow.......anyway I digress.

You're totally right that they could use content like the JL Snyder Cut to attract people. Sure the general public may not know much about it. However even passing fans may have heard or read about it online, and then think I might get this to see what the fuss is about. At bare minimum if it is on a DC streaming service every blogger and journalist will be writing about it.

I'd totally sign up for a service with the Snyder Cut on it.

Nice that they have that "Black Label" brand as well. At least somewhere to put it without potentially causing confusion.

May just be the perfect storm...

didn't know WB were also working towards something. Makes total sense though. Why wouldn't they ?? No doubt the execs will ****** it up too somehow...

I don't think so now that JJ Abrams has finally closed the deal with WarnerMedia.* His wife Katie McGrath reportedly chose Ann Sarnoff to replace Kevin Tsujihara. Sarnoff was hired for her savvy about streaming services. But also as part of a culture change given Tsujihara's scandal and #metoo.

My guess is that Toby Emerich will be moving on very soon. The only one left from among the honchos (? at least to my knowledge) that bungled the DCEU is Charles Roven. But as far as I know he has always been a Zack Snyder supporter, and supported his vision, etc. But he doesn't have the clout that Tsujihara and Emerich had.

*https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/a...able-warnermedia-film-tv-partnership-1232979?

Man, this is taking forever to come, just like JL Bats...
And I don't think we'll ever see a Snyder cut btw, think of the costs...imagine how much it would cost them to redo that mustache :lol

Prime1
Revealed their black suit superman today.
God damn guarantee hot toys will rush out a black suit version too now

OK so I'm going total conspiracy theory here.

Hot Toys delayed their Superman to the end to coincide more closely with the Snyder Cut release :lol

I don't think so now that JJ Abrams has finally closed the deal with WarnerMedia.* His wife Katie McGrath reportedly chose Ann Sarnoff to replace Kevin Tsujihara. Sarnoff was hired for her savvy about streaming services. But also as part of a culture change given Tsujihara's scandal and #metoo.

My guess is that Toby Emerich will be moving on very soon. The only one left from among the honchos (? at least to my knowledge) that bungled the DCEU is Charles Roven. But as far as I know he has always been a Zack Snyder supporter, and supported his vision, etc. But he doesn't have the clout that Tsujihara and Emerich had.

*https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/a...able-warnermedia-film-tv-partnership-1232979?

Wow didn't realise the Abrams deal was finalised and gave them so much power. Interesting.

I'm wondering if Jason Mamoa's new production company will partner with Bad Robit/WarnerMedia.

I don't know why anyone ever thought if it did get a release, the Snyder Cut would ever see a theatrical release. Most things like that don't go to theaters, except perhaps as a one night only premier event.

It's kinda obvious by now that WB was not happy with "Phase 1" of the DCEU and is basically declaring a Mulligan. The Batman franchise is looking to be recast and a new director is taking over, and the same will likely be happening with Superman. At this point, if they release the Snyder Cut, it'll be something for the hardcore fans, not something they're gonna do as a major theatrical release when it's clear they're moving away from the Snyder stuff.

I don't know why anyone ever thought if it did get a release, the Snyder Cut would ever see a theatrical release. Most things like that don't go to theaters, except perhaps as a one night only premier event.

It's kinda obvious by now that WB was not happy with "Phase 1" of the DCEU and is basically declaring a Mulligan. The Batman franchise is looking to be recast and a new director is taking over, and the same will likely be happening with Superman. At this point, if they release the Snyder Cut, it'll be something for the hardcore fans, not something they're gonna do as a major theatrical release when it's clear they're moving away from the Snyder stuff.

And yet the regime that frustrated the Snyder vision is almost gone except for Toby Emmerich (who I think will go next). Yes WB under Walter Hamada released Aquaman and Shazam, which are more MCU-like. But under him they're also releasing darker, more polarizing and controversial movies like Joker and BoP which actually doubles down on the Snyder approach. The so-called "Black Label" brand is a game-changer I think. It certainly makes releasing the Snyder cut far less problematic via streaming and disk. But I do agree that it is unlikely to get a theater release.

I'm actually a bit concerned about what Reeves' Batman film will be like tone-wise. For my taste, anyway. It sounds very comic book-y to me, i.e., a whodunit with something like half a dozen villains.

Anyway, DC Films is entering a new era. I think J.J. Abrams is going to basically be calling the shots for DC Films, given the deal that he has just finalized with WarnerMedia. I think he will finally take his crack at Superman. I'll actually be shocked if he doesn't. And what Abrams wanted to do with the film back in 2002 was not mainstream at all. I think if anything DC Films will become more risk taking and unafraid to make more thematically mature, director driven films. Films that break rules and conventions for the genre, etc.

And yet the regime that frustrated the Snyder vision is almost gone except for Toby Emmerich (who I think will go next). Yes WB under Walter Hamada released Aquaman and Shazam, which are more MCU-like. But under him they're also releasing darker, more polarizing and controversial movies like Joker and BoP which actually doubles down on the Snyder approach. The so-called "Black Label" brand is a game-changer I think. It certainly makes releasing the Snyder cut far less problematic via streaming and disk. But I do agree that it is unlikely to get a theater release.

I'm actually a bit concerned about what Reeves' Batman film will be like tone-wise. For my taste, anyway. It sounds very comic book-y to me, i.e., a whodunit with something like half a dozen villains.

Anyway, DC Films is entering a new era. I think J.J. Abrams is going to basically be calling the shots for DC Films, given the deal that he has just finalized with WarnerMedia. I think he will finally take his crack at Superman. I'll actually be shocked if he doesn't. And what Abrams wanted to do with the film back in 2002 was not mainstream at all. I think if anything DC Films will become more risk taking and unafraid to make more thematically mature, director driven films. Films that break rules and conventions for the genre, etc.

Eh. If anything, Black Label and BOp shows they learned a lesson since BOP and Joker are significantly cheaper (therefore not standard four quadrant blockbusters). If they attempt Superman again, it's gonna be a crowd pleasing take, of that I'm sure. Especially after they recently shot down Henry Cavill's pitch with Christopher McQuarrie.

So I asked a person who is pretty much close to HT. He said that although he has no knowledge of release dates, he is pretty sure that there won?t be any releases for this month (ie September).

It?s another month of agony and another two for delivery.

I just hope they finally show some grit as far as sticking to a plan. My main gripe with this disaster up until now is they never stuck to their guns with dark and different films. This is exactly what made them different to Marvel, and in my opinion more intellectual and interesting.

Have a plan and follow through with it. Without all the re-shoots etc I'm sure the global result for JL would have been half decent.

Anyway hope JJ doesn't just treat it as a re-boot situation, does his one Superman film and then more or less steps away. However i'm sure he has learnt his lesson with Star Wars......

Back