Hot Toys Justice League Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm pretty sure I remember articles about how there'd be a rated R cut of BvS before it even hit theaters.
I remember officially hearing about the extended cut of BvS right after the movie was released to theaters in March 2016. The extended cut was released digitally in late June/early July, iirc.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Hurt's me that I even have to debate on whether to get the Blu-Ray or not... I honestly think Justice League is worse than Suicide Squad.

JonD7
I think so too, as JL has top DC heroes in it and it could be a triumph of DC cinematic universe. Suicide Squad never was planned to be as big as JL.

I don't think JL is bad at all. It's a decent popcorn flick, as others said like a live action JL animated episode. It should have been so much more than that though.

The UE of BvS is far more rewatchable to me. I was hoping an extended cut from JL would make me rethink that but I have no great desire to watch the theatrical cut again.

Still very much looking forward to getting the figures especially Superman and Flash.

Justice League wasn't perfect but it was still better than that s*** pile Suicide Squad. I'll get it just for Superman.

In all fairness, have you ever heard anyone on here say that a film is "perfect"? :lol

I don't think JL is bad at all. It's a decent popcorn flick, as others said like a live action JL animated episode. It should have been so much more than that though.

The UE of BvS is far more rewatchable to me. I was hoping an extended cut from JL would make me rethink that but I have no great desire to watch the theatrical cut again.

Still very much looking forward to getting the figures especially Superman and Flash.

I personally liked it more than both Avengers films.

In all fairness, have you ever heard anyone on here say that a film is "perfect"? :lol

I personally liked it more than both Avengers films.

Same but I don't care about any Marvel characters aside from Spidey so that almost goes without saying for me. I just think the 2 hour run time hurt it.

Johnny Utah said:
I think T2 is perfect.

I would agree, I wouldn't change a single thing about T2. Remains my favourite action movie ever made.

Will Hot Toys' JL Superman have that f*#@ed up lip? Probably should to be accurate.

I just streamed the movie for free last night and was shocked at how underwhelming it was. I'm an Aquaman fan (for god knows why) and liked his character, and like a fool still hold out hope for the Aquaman flick next December, making for at least 2 decent DC flicks since the Snyder-era IMO. Couldn't get anyone else in the family to brave it with me, but after enduring The Last Jedi I was feeling especially invulnerable to bad movies. I did like the moment Cyborg and Supes shared after doing what they did, but it was too distracting having Cavil's mouth being done in claymation to really enjoy.

I think T2 is perfect.

I would agree, I wouldn't change a single thing about T2. Remains my favourite action movie ever made.

My "perfect" film is Ghostbusters. Wouldn't change a thing about it.

It is a comedy, fantasy, drama, action, romance, Halloween/horror film all in one, without trying too hard to be any of them or putting too much of an emphasis on any of those genres.

I say that because even though Suicide Squad is a turd, I can enjoy the characters... they really butchered Batman but Superman was a new level of trash, I would expect some of those poorly written lines from an episode of Walker Texas Ranger not Superman.

I say that because even though Suicide Squad is a turd, I can enjoy the characters... they really butchered Batman but Superman was a new level of trash, I would expect some of those poorly written lines from an episode of Walker Texas Ranger not Superman.

Yeah, but movies aren’t subjective. If people are telling you JL is better, you best listen to them boy.
Honestly I thought both were boring. I couldn’t even sit through all of Suicide Squad and ended up just watching the deleted scenes even though I was going to watch the whole thing. Justice League just isn’t exciting to me, there honestly wasn’t anything that enjoyable the whole movie and I definitely cringed more than anything else so maybe I do like Suicide Squad more also, Harley Quinn is at least enjoyable.
That being said, I can enjoy (most of) The Last Jedi, while some seem personally offended by its existence, so different strokes for different folks. If you can enjoy a movie, that’s great, I don’t see the point in trying to convince people that their opinions are “wrong” because they’re different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still remember the day when I watched MOS at cinema and was WOWed , OK maybe some ppl didn't enjoy it as me but we can all say that MOS is a ''huge'' movie, from the art to the scores. MOS is an only one movie I watched twice at cinema on premiere day.I was just blown away. BvS theatrical cut gave me big joy too, especially last fight was unexpected. Snyder knows how to do visual effects, which was missing in JL. there was not any moment which WOWed me, OK return of the Supes was nice, but when I watched it second time it was like MEH. and these unforgivable scores, damn. Such a big potential was wasted.

Still remember the day when I watched MOS at cinema and was WOWed , OK maybe some ppl didn't enjoy it as me but we call all say that MOS is a ''huge'' movie, from the art to the scores. MOS is an only one movie I watched twice at cinema on premiere day.I was just blown away. BvS theatrical cut gave me big joy too, especially last fight was unexpected. Snyder knows how to do visual effects, which was missing in JL. there was not any moment which WOWed me, OK return of the Supes was nice, but when I watched it second time it was like MEH. and these unforgivable scores, damn. Such a big potential was wasted.

Really agree with all of this

Still remember the day when I watched MOS at cinema and was WOWed , OK maybe some ppl didn't enjoy it as me but we call all say that MOS is a ''huge'' movie, from the art to the scores. MOS is an only one movie I watched twice at cinema on premiere day.I was just blown away. BvS theatrical cut gave me big joy too, especially last fight was unexpected. Snyder knows how to do visual effects, which was missing in JL. there was not any moment which WOWed me, OK return of the Supes was nice, but when I watched it second time it was like MEH. and these unforgivable scores, damn. Such a big potential was wasted.

Yes all the way. Snyder was held on a leash then replaced. JL was so underwhelming. MOS was a joy for me, my favorite of the DCU so far.

Yeah, but movies aren’t subjective. If people are telling you JL is better, you best listen to them boy.
Honestly I thought both were boring. I couldn’t even sit through all of Suicide Squad and ended up just watching the deleted scenes even though I was going to watch the whole thing. Justice League just isn’t exciting to me, there honestly wasn’t anything that enjoyable the whole movie and I definitely cringed more than anything else so maybe I do like Suicide Squad more also, Harley Quinn is at least enjoyable.
That being said, I can enjoy (most of) The Last Jedi, while some seem personally offended by its existence, so different strokes for different folks. If you can enjoy a movie, that’s great, I don’t see the point in trying to convince people that their opinions are “wrong” because they’re different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was stating my opinion, how as that "trying to convince people"? I thought we were just having a discussion "boy"

Surprised this hasn't gone up for pre-order yet. Still, hopefully it means they working hard on two new sculpts and making the suit more accurate to JL in more than just the brighter colour. :lol Wishful thinking I know.

Back