Hot Toys Justice League Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lately they?ve updated their listings for drastic changes. The updated Affleck suit on the BvS Batman and the addition of the Gyllenhaal sculpt for Mysterio immediately come to mind. There have been a couple updates to listings in between there.
Where did they add the new headsculpt? Not on sideshow yet... I'm still waiting for them to fix the helmet. I hate that seam that goes through the middle.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Where did they add the new headsculpt? Not on sideshow yet... I'm still waiting for them to fix the helmet. I hate that seam that goes through the middle.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Yeah they?re a little slow on the ball on that one. They announced it back in September, I think.

Yeah they?re a little slow on the ball on that one. They announced it back in September, I think.

I'm not sure why we're talking about Mysterio here, but the Jake headsculpt addition doesn't appear to be official yet. It was teased on HT's Facebook & Instagram accounts but then deleted in short order, and there's been no update on their official site. You can click on the link below to find the relevant posts in the Mysterio thread (scroll down a bit).

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=231344&page=35

I guess we can hope Eleven is a Cavill fan, maybe he will make a JL accurate sculpt if Hot Toys won't.

I'm not too worried. If we do see any revision to the prototype I'm confident that it will match the best possible look within the Snyder cut. Hopfully as it appears in the Snyder footage we have seen of the cornfield scene and him walking through the scout ship, past the black suit.

The only real worry I have is if they changed the head sculpt to a magnetic ball joint, such as they did with Flash--and I don't like the look of the revised sculpt. That would ruin my backup head sculpt plan.

I purchased this third party custom head sculpt back in January, and it looks great to me.

bvs superman head sculpt 2.jpg

It's my back up plan if a revised head sculpt gets released looks like this:

jl supes bad hair day 2.jpg
jl supes bad hair day 1.jpg

Forget HT JL Superman.
Transformers Thor with wakandan shield is finally out at long last.
A big thank you to all of Santa’s creative elves disguised as sweat shop workers in Asia.
3726C16A-229C-4416-BD06-C8DFED562121.jpeg

You ordered from this exact seller? How good is the paint job?

Yes, that was the seller. The paint job looks pretty good to me. Don't have time to take a high quality photo of it, but here's a quick snap of a side-by-side with JL Wondy just to give an idea.

IMG_3121.jpg

Yes, that was the seller. The paint job looks pretty good to me. Don't have time to take a high quality photo of it, but here's a quick snap of a side-by-side with JL Wondy just to give an idea.

View attachment 472114

Wow, that jawline looks funky to me. Maybe it's the angle of the photo but he seems to have a rather exaggerated lantern jaw.

Wow, that jawline looks funky to me. Maybe it's the angle of the photo but he seems to have a rather exaggerated lantern jaw.

Eh, maybe a little... But it looks properly proportioned to me.

Maybe I can get another shot of it posed later today. I was a bit rushed and was trying to balance the sculpt on a pencil and hold the phone with the other hand, snapping the pic with the same hand holding the camera, etc.

Plus Henry does have a lantern jaw for sure! And that is captured in the HT BvS sculpt, it looks like. (I don't own the HT BvS figure, just going from pictures.)

jl supes deleted scout ship scene.jpg

HT BvS Supes.jpg

I thought the same thing. In the (presumably) prototype photo it's pretty impressive. Real life it looks a little blocky. Reminds me of someone but I can't think of who at the moment.

I'm not too worried. If we do see any revision to the prototype I'm confident that it will match the best possible look within the Snyder cut. Hopfully as it appears in the Snyder footage we have seen of the cornfield scene and him walking through the scout ship, past the black suit.

The only real worry I have is if they changed the head sculpt to a magnetic ball joint, such as they did with Flash--and I don't like the look of the revised sculpt. That would ruin my backup head sculpt plan.

I purchased this third party custom head sculpt back in January, and it looks great to me.

View attachment 472073

It's my back up plan if a revised head sculpt gets released looks like this:

View attachment 472074
View attachment 472075

the first few pics are the HT sculpt. The ones where you can only see a bit are of the actual sculpt.
it’s not good quality, I’m afraid.

Looks fine to me, not sure what else to say. But as mentioned, I don't have HT BvS Superman to compare it with. Well, hopefully all will be well with the JL Superman head sculpt in any event.

I thought the same thing. In the (presumably) prototype photo it's pretty impressive. Real life it looks a little blocky. Reminds me of someone but I can't think of who at the moment.

The production piece definitely has a bit of a jowl look to the jaw line vs the more chiseled jaw the proto had. The difference is very evident when looking at the BvS Proto and the JL proto. The JL proto is using a "repainted" BvS production headsculpt.

Looks fine to me, not sure what else to say. But as mentioned, I don't have HT BvS Superman to compare it with. Well, hopefully all will be well with the JL Superman head sculpt in any event.

Fingers crossed. Although I have dabbled in custom eBay sculpts, I now only buy official HT sculpts if I need one for a custom. The quality just varies too much. They also are very sneaky and use official HT sculpt images to sell their bootlegs.
Here are pics of the bootleg I got. Real HT head is the one on the BVS body.

e89e709abf9a038216bb52d2ee9c21de.jpg

f2c0ee1be25c637507de7a071259ee54.jpg

df283f0327e2ea82f1b38c9d7130fad8.jpg

As long as you're satisfied, that's all that matters. :clap

The production piece definitely has a bit of a jowl look to the jaw line vs the more chiseled jaw the proto had. The difference is very evident when looking at the BvS Proto and the JL proto. The JL proto is using a "repainted" BvS production headsculpt.

That's what first caught my eye, but again it could just be a function of the camera angle. And let's not forget these are 1/6 scale sculpts - any deviation gets magnified when we're looking at enlarged photos, and they may not be noticeable on the shelf.

That's what first caught my eye, but again it could just be a function of the camera angle. And let's not forget these are 1/6 scale sculpts - any deviation gets magnified when we're looking at enlarged photos, and they may not be noticeable on the shelf.

Having had the BvS figure, I can say that there was some changing during production in my opinion. It’s part of the reason I sold it, just couldn’t get over on the headsculpt.

If I had to only keep just one of my Cavill Supes, it’d be the MoS one. That one imo is the best Cavill Supes figure of the three (based on the JL proto). Best sculpt, best suit rendition, best body proportions, etc.

Back