Hot Toys Justice League Cyborg

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a great sculpt that seems faithful to the source. It's just the source is more faithful to a Michael Bay Megatron than it is to the underlying source. I'm getting this guy, but when it comes down to it, take the head off of every other Justice League figure shown, and it's still recognizable as that character. Take the head off Cyborg and it could be any robot. It's just not a very original or inspired design.

I agree, the design is painfully generic. Who knows, he might be awesome in the film and I guess if he looked like iron man everyone would accuse them of copying marvel :dunno

I reckon the designers had to come up with something different from the comics as they have for aquaman and flash, but surely there were better options that this

It's a great sculpt that seems faithful to the source. It's just the source is more faithful to a Michael Bay Megatron than it is to the underlying source. I'm getting this guy, but when it comes down to it, take the head off of every other Justice League figure shown, and it's still recognizable as that character. Take the head off Cyborg and it could be any robot. It's just not a very original or inspired design.

We'll have to agree to disagree!
I can see the Transformer/Cyborg similarites, but that I think is down to the designers trying to make a robotic organism - something that looks like living metal... and to be honest this argument could be used for nearly every robotic character/suit - even Iron Man is derivative.
Thing with Cyborg, which we see hinted at in the trailer, is that his suit being organic can adapt –*the arm changes to a gun/sonic cannon or a shield. His face his covered when no air is present, he can connect with electronic devices etc. etc. –*do we know if he won't physically grow or have extra armour grow depending on his adversary?

I think he looks great. All that detail. Im just not a huge DC collector. I'll get the triad of Batman/Superman and Wonderwoman but need to stop there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Same can be said of Thor and Captain America if you compare to their comic book source.

Indeed.

bc639cf27e0b5151f1dcceb93ebe913a.jpg

Thing is DC have set the bar pretty high in terms of costume design, so when we get given something like this it sticks out even more.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

We'll have to agree to disagree!
I can see the Transformer/Cyborg similarites, but that I think is down to the designers trying to make a robotic organism - something that looks like living metal... and to be honest this argument could be used for nearly every robotic character/suit - even Iron Man is derivative.
Thing with Cyborg, which we see hinted at in the trailer, is that his suit being organic can adapt –*the arm changes to a gun/sonic cannon or a shield. His face his covered when no air is present, he can connect with electronic devices etc. etc. –*do we know if he won't physically grow or have extra armour grow depending on his adversary?

Well said

This will be a figure where he really has to be lit up to look good. I hope Hot Toys have the sense not to force us to take his head on and off every time we want them on. Hide the switch on the back of his torso or somewhere relatively easy to get to.

This will be a figure where he really has to be lit up to look good. I hope Hot Toys have the sense not to force us to take his head on and off every time we want them on. Hide the switch on the back of his torso or somewhere relatively easy to get to.

The ideal would be to put the switch on the base given that those are pretty chunky so wiring could be hidden.

Character design is growing on me, although I still think it should have retained more organic sections. Maybe the thinking is that having organic arm and/or leg sections would have been impractical when it came to things like lifting 10-ton tanks, which would rip the organic bone and tissue to shreds. I can buy that. Still I think the design can be improved upon for JL2. Assuming that the organic parts of Vic are just his head and spinal cord system, conceivably he could attach into techno bodies in a modular fashion, sort of like the Borg Queen. That would certainly open up the possibility for creating Cyborg's version of a Technorganic Hall of Armor. That's assuming that the motherbox is not the "body" but more like a symbiote/power source. Sure the simpler thing is just that the motherbox can reconfigure to any design, but in the BvS file clip it looked like Silas had already created the robotic parts and the motherbox simply bonded to it to awaken Cyborg (like a modern day Frankenstein monster). So that would mean other artificial bodies could conceivably be created, which open up more possibilities in terms of function and design. I don't know if this has ever been done in the comics, but I think a cool storyline either in the comics or the DCEU movies would be to have S.T.A.R. Labs create a humanoid synthetic body that Vic could attach into. That way he could spend some time feeling almost normal. Perhaps the limitation would only be for a 1-hour cycle due to the motherbox overwhelming the synth body. That would give him a "Cinderella" type limit in situations that he would have to get back to his main body at SL or risk total shutdown or even death. It would also introduce the idea of Silas being on a quest to grow an organic replacement body to potentially return Cyborg to normal, and if Vic would ultimately take that choice if it meant never going back.

Back to the figure. I really hope they nail the proportions and sculpt, and it definitely needs to have full light-up. I wonder if it will be diecast or plastic. I really prefer diecast but I assume they will go plastic to keep the price down, and maybe offer a diecast down the road or for JL2 if the design doesn't change that much.

Last edited:
The ideal would be to put the switch on the base given that those are pretty chunky so wiring could be hidden.

Character design is growing on me, although I still think it should have retained more organic sections. Maybe the thinking is that having organic arm and/or leg sections would have been impractical when it came to things like lifting 10-ton tanks, which would rip the organic bone and tissue to shreds. I can buy that. Still I think the design can be improved upon for JL2. Assuming that the organic parts of Vic are just his head and spinal cord system, conceivably he could attach into techno bodies in a modular fashion, sort of like the Borg Queen. That would certainly open up the possibility for creating Cyborg's version of a Technorganic Hall of Armor. That's assuming that the motherbox is not the "body" but more like a symbiote/power source. Sure the simpler thing is just that the motherbox can reconfigure to any design, but in the BvS file clip it looked like Silas had already created the robotic parts and the motherbox simply bonded to it to awaken Cyborg (like a modern day Frankenstein monster). So that would mean other artificial bodies could conceivably be created, which open up more possibilities in terms of function and design. I don't know if this has ever been done in the comics, but I think a cool storyline either in the comics or the DCEU movies would be to have S.T.A.R. Labs create a humanoid synthetic body that Vic could attach into. That way he could spend some time feeling almost normal. Perhaps the limitation would only be for a 1-hour cycle due to the motherbox overwhelming the synth body. That would give him a "Cinderella" type limit in situations that he would have to get back to his main body at SL or risk total shutdown or even death. It would also introduce the idea of Silas being on a quest to grow an organic replacement body to potentially return Cyborg to normal, and if Vic would ultimately take that choice if it meant never going back.

Back to the figure. I really hope they nail the proportions and sculpt, and it definitely needs to have full light-up. I wonder if it will be diecast or plastic. I really prefer diecast but I assume they will go plastic to keep the price down, and maybe offer a diecast down the road or for JL2 if the design doesn't change that much.

Overall I think I'd prefer plastic actually. Diecast feels better in hand but on the shelf it's hard to tell the difference. Prefer if they keep the cost to a minimum and just get the light up features spot on for him.

Ideally it would be possible to use mains power on him, if not I might look into getting one of those soap reactors that I've seen people use on their Iron Man figures.

:goodpost:

Think a lot of people are thinking back to the original Cyborg from Teen Titans (like the Super Powers figure), yet you just know that if they had recreated that look for the movie, the same people would be slagging it of for looking silly... really at this point, it is obvious certain people will be negative about anything DCEU for the sake of it.

After seeing the film, and Cyborg's character being a surprising positive, I'm looking forward to seeing some proper spec pics of this guy.

The design has grown on me a bit over time, especially after seeing it in action, it's gone from absolutely hideous to alright. Not an amazing design, just alright.

Back