Hot Toys Justice League Cyborg

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Easy pass. I'll wait for the inevitable 2.0.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

I'm only a casual DC fan so a lot that turns others off won't bug me. But I think trying to translate his comic imagery into the screen (both old-school and some newer looks) would be just as challenging as making the "spandex" look of other characters work. I'm sure there are several designs in the same vein as what they choose that would work, but I don't hate what they ended up with.

Should they have gone with this?
f984a3e90d4fd1d7c01853ec886b3c55.png

Or this?
75681d703e7038d784d9da5388b1eae2.png

I personally like this.
fa484ba84157fce46bb12d9887439e74.png

But I like the new design too.

The design of the character is generally in the right direction, but it still could have used more work. He looks too robotic as opposed to "technorganic". I think it needed to be larger, have more organic sections as opposed to just half a head, and have a sleeker, more futuristic feel. I'm sure once some of the concept designs are shown there will be at least one I like better. One thing about this approach is that the look can continue to evolve and upgrade.

Really loving these pics. He looks great in the SDCC videos to.

Can see there his torso is lit up also. I hope they include a way to mains power him. Without the lights he goes from a really cool looking figure to pretty damn ordinary and I don't want to be using those crappy cell batteries. The LEDs fade so fast and of course you have the worry of a leaking battery.

When I saw this from HT, first thing is the head seemed too small compared to the movie. But then I was looking through Crawford's pictures from DC Direct and it too has too small of head. I wonder if they both were using images of concept art to sculpt from, which often times has the head be under sized in relationship to the body?

This is a design that doesn't even look good as a Hot Toy. Hopefully he gets a major upgrade for the next movie.

This looks like it may just be an early prototype. It'll probably look better with normal arms and a different pose. He looks bowlegged in this pose.

Back