Hot Toys Justice League Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, I can definitely see that but 1) Batman has never been anamalistic to me. More strategic and calculating. I never really clicked with the him as a bruiser.

2) It looks like a completely fake rigid neck. The BvS version always looked to me like there was a normal sized man in a large plastic shell. Didn't ever feel like Affleck was actually filling it out and I know his neck isn't that thick.

Reducing the neck makes it look more natural to me.
Agreed. To me he was always the type to only fight when it couldn't be avoided. Don't get me wrong.... The Martha Rescue scene is easily one of my favorite scenes (if not my favorite), but I do love it when he uses his ninja skills to just wipe bad guys out from the shadows while they never even realized he was there.
Of course, I totally agree with you guys that Batman isn't necessarily in it to brawl about - but he is into the psychological aspect of intimidation and fear. The more you dehumanize something, the more unsettling it is. By taking on a more animalistic appearance, for lack of a better term, he's feeding that. He looks bigger, more menacing. The scene where he's in the corner of the room and the cop shines his light on him? He's almost monstrous. Plus in combat, what are you always taught? Protect your head and neck - it only is logical his neck has reinforced padding. We see this in BvS, as people take shots for that region constantly.

Really that neck isn't too odd either when compared to source material, the cowl usually is a bit wider in comic art.

But - all of that is only as good as what one enjoys on one's shelf - so if the thinner neck is more fitting for your taste - then by all means, enjoy! It's good there's a high quality figure that fits that qualification all the same. :duff

Of course, I totally agree with you guys that Batman isn't necessarily in it to brawl about - but he is into the psychological aspect of intimidation and fear. The more you dehumanize something, the more unsettling it is. By taking on a more animalistic appearance, for lack of a better term, he's feeding that. He looks bigger, more menacing. The scene where he's in the corner of the room and the cop shines his light on him? He's almost monstrous. Plus in combat, what are you always taught? Protect your head and neck - it only is logical his neck has reinforced padding. We see this in BvS, as people take shots for that region constantly.

Really that neck isn't too odd either when compared to source material, the cowl usually is a bit wider in comic art.

But - all of that is only as good as what one enjoys on one's shelf - so if the thinner neck is more fitting for your taste - then by all means, enjoy! It's good there's a high quality figure that fits that qualification all the same. :duff

:goodpost:

I totally agree regarding the intimidation and protection factors. And I'm in the same boat that loves the huge neck. Matter of fact, I remember Greg Capullo saying that was his favorite part to draw. The cowl down to the neck and traps. Just making Batman that much more intimidating.

Regarding the Justice League cowl, they obviously toned the neck down, but I don't think it's as drastic as it seems. In the trailer it looks just fine. However I think Hot Toys sculpt on this JL Batman cowl is a little off. A little too skinny than it actually is from what I can see in the trailer.

Intimidation? Steppenwolf and his Parademons aren't going to be be intimidated by Batman no matter what his outfit looks like. :lol

Intimidation? Steppenwolf and his Parademons aren't going to be be intimidated by Batman no matter what his outfit looks like. :lol

:lol
Obviously not. I don't think anyone was referring to intimidating the more cosmic/fantastical DC villains. Batman's origins and outfit precede all of that anyway.

It's meant for the criminals of Gotham.

Not really it seems. In the scene in the first trailer when he tells Alfred, "Maybe temporary." He turns his whole torso. Instead of just his head, like for example in BvS he turns to Superman "I thought she was with you." They talk about this at the RPF. Apparently with the BvS suit Iron Head used foam latex for the cowl, while the Warner Bros in-house department used urethane for JL with a couple of them being foam like the one in SS. Mr Mold Maker at the RPF has some knowledge on this.

He can turn his head in the film

000259233hr.jpg

I think that could confirm his point that some of them were made with foam like I said. Just to clarify he can definitely get some movement out of it, but not the same way as BvS. That's due to different materials. But the scenes in the trailer pretty much confirm he can't turn his head like he did in BvS. Don't you think he'd do that if he could?

If only Iron Head could've came back for JL. I still like the designs but the mobility of the cowl could affect action scenes. There's bound to be some CGI though so those scenes won't matter.

I hope this figure comes with some new additional gadgets from the Tactical Suit version, which were reused from the BvS and SS figures. I like those and they're basic necessary accessories for Batman, but I'd also like something new. I guess it depends if he actually uses anything new though.

I hope this figure comes with some new additional gadgets from the Tactical Suit version, which were reused from the BvS and SS figures. I like those and they're basic necessary accessories for Batman, but I'd also like something new. I guess it depends if he actually uses anything new though.

It's difficult to see what new gadgets he could have but some new mouth plates would be good. What this really should have of course is an Affleck sculpt. That would push many on the fence to pick up this figure.

It's difficult to see what new gadgets he could have but some new mouth plates would be good. What this really should have of course is an Affleck sculpt. That would push many on the fence to pick up this figure.

Indeed it should have a full Affleck sculpt. We know from the behind-the-scenes video that he takes it off while wearing the suit (if the shot stays in the movie). Still it would make a great alternative way to display the figure.

New mouth plates would be nice too, along with an eyepiece with the eyes looking to the right. It would be good for grapple gun poses.

Also I really hope this suit doesn't have the sticky peeling problem of the BvS figure. Such a bummer to have to keep him in more straight arm poses the majority of the time.

Indeed it should have a full Affleck sculpt. We know from the behind-the-scenes video that he takes it off while wearing the suit (if the shot stays in the movie). Still it would make a great alternative way to display the figure.

New mouth plates would be nice too, along with an eyepiece with the eyes looking to the right. It would be good for grapple gun poses.

Also I really hope this suit doesn't have the sticky peeling problem of the BvS figure. Such a bummer to have to keep him in more straight arm poses the majority of the time.

If it comes with an Affleck sculpt I'll get it for sure. If not probably less than 50-50 right now. Maybe the exclusive will get the extra sculpt.

If it comes with an Affleck sculpt I'll get it for sure. If not probably less than 50-50 right now. Maybe the exclusive will get the extra sculpt.

Yup, feeling the exact same way & I'd be surprised if didn't honestly, they have too right?

Yup, feeling the exact same way & I'd be surprised if didn't honestly, they have too right?

After all the Affleck Batman figures we've gotten or are about to get at this point, I think it's time we got a full unmasked sculpt. Not unlike the Captain America figures that have included unmasked Chris Evans head sculpts.

After all the Affleck Batman figures we've gotten or are about to get at this point, I think it's time we got a full unmasked sculpt. Not unlike the Captain America figures that have included unmasked Chris Evans head sculpts.

Agreed, that might be the deal breaker for me personally if they don't deliver with one.

Anyone have any idea when this will go up for PO?

Agreed, that might be the deal breaker for me personally if they don't deliver with one.

Anyone have any idea when this will go up for PO?

Hard to say for sure, but the BvS Batman figures were good sellers so I wouldn't be surprised if it's one of the next to be announced. I'm really looking forward to this one too.

I will pass on the regular jl Batman love my bvs and soon to be ss Batman not digging this one, but if they include a Bruce head and improve the body to be beefier, it will be hard to resist

I have a feeling Aquaman or Cyborg will be the next to go up but would be happy to see this one if it shows of an unmasked Bruce sculpt.

Back