Hot Toys Justice League Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The picture has been photoshopped , not the real one but I wonder about the plates peeling off later on, they look to be just extra material glued on

I just saw this on Sideshow's site and since I missed out on the BvS Batman...

1125x682_previewbanner_902793_BatmanSS.jpg

...I think I'll get this one. :yess:
I'm confused didn't this SS version already come and go? or am I wrong or will it be out again?

I wish I didn't believe me too lol. Have you been in the BvS Batman thread? There's been reports here of that happening, myself included. It could depend on climate where you live. You've been warned.

Amanaman said it well:

Seems that anything with rubber bodies or vinyl suits degrades at some point. It's best to keep these types of figures in neutral poses for as long as possible, and avoid extreme temperature fluctuations when posed. The vinyl batsuits have what seems like paint deco which can peel off.

SilverStar17, you could be right that it's not common with the majority. I'd hope not cuz it's pretty junk. Still think it's something that could be improved by HT.

well, that sucks

I know man. For me, I don't leave him in dynamic bent-arm poses for more than a few hours. After that I put it back in a museum vanilla pose. I would like to leave it, but with my experience so far it's best not to keep it there. Still a great figure to own though. I think I'll like this JL version just as much.

I know man. For me, I don't leave him in dynamic bent-arm poses for more than a few hours. After that I put it back in a museum vanilla pose. I would like to leave it, but with my experience so far it's best not to keep it there. Still a great figure to own though. I think I'll like this JL version just as much.

I, too, keep them in Museum poses. My figures are in the upstairs of my house for the last 5 months in the Detolf. I own a cape so it can get pretty hot upstairs and humid in the summer. Some days if it isn't too hot I leave the windows open to air it out but if it's too hot I'll typically put the AC on upstairs. I hope this isn't damaging them long term in anyway. I checked them yesterday they look fine, I just won't move them or anything. I'd be so mad if they deteriorated.

I, too, keep them in Museum poses. My figures are in the upstairs of my house for the last 5 months in the Detolf. I own a cape so it can get pretty hot upstairs and humid in the summer. Some days if it isn't too hot I leave the windows open to air it out but if it's too hot I'll typically put the AC on upstairs. I hope this isn't damaging them long term in anyway. I checked them yesterday they look fine, I just won't move them or anything. I'd be so mad if they deteriorated.

I know how you feel there man. These are expensive figures so we gotta be careful with maintaining them long term. Where I live it's quite hot and humid pretty much year-round almost. The windows in my room where I display my figures have blinds, but it still gets really hot and humid at times so it's a bit worry some. My figures are doing ok so far though.

Happened to me also, and mine was mostly in its box in a wardrobe away from heat and sunlight. It's very minor, but still, it had me worried if it would cause the rest to peel off, so much so I bought a second one, that's one's okay for some reason, though.

SilverStar17, you could be right that it's not common with the majority. I'd hope not cuz it's pretty junk. Still think it's something that could be improved by HT.

I just base that on how it only seemed to be a few that reported that happening to their figure in the BvS Batman thread. Perhaps it's happened to others and they just didn't say anything, but I just presume if it was something that was pervasive, there would have been a lot more people stating that it was happening to theirs.

I've had mine in a museum pose with the grenade launcher in one hand at his side, with the other arm in a position that looks like he's about to grab it with two hands. I've checked the arm pits a few times to see if there's any sign of peeling happening, and everything looks top notch. No sticky feeling at all when moving parts of the body where the suit rubs up against one another. If I do change something to a completely different pose, it's not very frequent. I'll leave something in a certain pose for the longest time before potentially changing it to something else.

I also try to handle my figures as less as possible. Once I pick a pose, I generally don't move it out of that general pose much. A little bit of tweaking here and there, but I generally don't completely change poses constantly that would require constant moving of limbs and joints.

I usually keep my figures in the same pose for a while as well. Once in a while I'll take them off the shelf for a little posing session for a bit of fun, but no rough handling. Careful posing and switching parts. I hope these upcoming JL Batman figures don't have the same problem for me. I'd like to leave them in a more interesting dynamic pose sometimes.

Sevreed, I like what you did to his quads in your photoshopped picture. They did great with updating the torso for the BvS figure, but what it also needs for this one is more definition in the quads. At least it looks like they added a bit more mass to his arms.

Yeah I remember that conversation. I forgot who it was that did that. Hopefully they can chime in again and give us an update.

Actually now that I see GaryPool's post about his second one not having the peeling problem, I wonder if there was a "V2" or different batch?

I hope they have it fixed in time for SS Batman. I have that one on PO.

I hope so too. I'm not getting that one myself since I have the BvS, but I wouldn't want that issue to continue. There should be a way to correct it somehow.

Yeah I remember that conversation. I forgot who it was that did that. Hopefully they can chime in again and give us an update.

Actually now that I see GaryPool's post about his second one not having the peeling problem, I wonder if there was a "V2" or different batch?

If there was no 2nd batch, then the Suicide Squad version is the V2.

Back