Hot Toys Justice League Aquaman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really is a shame how it turned out. Hopefully they handled the Solo version with better results

I am hoping so too. The people who buy these to play with only care about articulation. They don't care how ugly the exposed joints are. Me on the other want my Hot Toys figures to look spectacular. I can buy cheap action figures if I want articulation at the cost of looks.

Fair enough, for someone that doesn’t even have the figure you have quiet a lot to opinion about it. The trident isn’t even warped as you stated in a post so that’s a complete pointless observation as I own it in hand. True You have the freedom to say whatever you want as much as I have the freedom to respond. I don’t give a rip what you think. I think it’s a fabulous figure sitting on my shelf all your points are valid in your eyes and pointless in mine, since you don’t have it in hand to actually critique it, however you are right to each his own. Suit yourself enjoy trashing the figure if that’s your prerogative dude. Cheers.

Oh give it a rest. You being a sculptor is absolutely irrelevant to me. Nobody is "attacking" anyone. Im stating how i dont like something. Again using the forum for how its intended. I broke no rules and did absolutely nothing wrong. The forum is to discuss and share our likes and dislikes. If you can't handle other opinions, this isnt for you. Im not entitled to post something positive about every figure I comment on. I like something about a figure, I comment. I dont, I comment. You see how that works? You have no argument other than that youre upset I dont like something you do and I decided to share that dislike. Dont get pissy at ppl who disagree or criticize. And those who dont like things dont need you telling them not to buy it. Like what you like. I'm not going to get on your case about it. Dont get on mine.

Last edited:
Ooohhhh i bought them straight away from HK when i saw the final product picture. cant wait to unbox this figure, i think its a pretty good figure. :D

Look sure it has its issues as do all figures. But as far as in hand it’s a pretty darn good piece. The body is a solid build it’s bulky kinda. Trident is spot on and straight
Sculpt could have been a little better. Torso articulation was freaking genius despite what haters have to say. Thor IW and Wonder Woman were both upper body missed out opportunities. On a scale of 1-10 I give this 8.0 while not out of the ballpark it’s still decent.

Like others I was initially concerned about the torso gap, but in the last two reviews I've watched it looks fine when in a museum pose (i.e., when not taking advantage of the articulation feature). So it seems HT has struck (IMO) a happy medium between those who wanted more articulation and those who deemed it unnecessary. And what others initially thought were exposed elbow joints are simply the ends of the armor pieces protecting his upper arms. The suit really does look good. It's been so long since I ordered this I'd forgotten how much detail is there, but HT has captured it well. I wish the sculpt had a better likeness & his neck tattoo had been added, but I'd already accepted that they would not. At least they updated the hair color. I'm looking forward to getting this in hand.

Had been waiting for final release but the likeness is really poor. Gonna have to pass on this one. Shame really. Wanted to like this one.

I have to say, it looks damn good to me on Justin's Collection and Keyboard Warriors. I'd pose him such that there's no gap between chest plate and torso. I see no other problem with it than if I had the figure stretched in some way that it exposes the gap. I just won't do that. Problem solved.

Other than that the suit looks gorgeous. And the head sculpt looks 9/10. Maybe 9.5/10. I agree with the reviewers that feel sculpted hair was the way to go for this figure.

I think I'm gonna get this one.

I like this suit better than the Aquaman film one which is too comic book-y for my taste. This one feels Atlantean in a way similar to how Snyder and Michael Wilkinson developed the look of the Kryptonian civilization. I get the fan service for the orange gold suit with green pants. But this feels more like something I would imagine Atlanteans to be in my own mind's eye.

I was going to get this using my RP at SSC, but I used them on EG Thanos instead. I’d rather take my chances on the secondary with this one, or just wait for an AM2 figure.

Every time I go on the marvel forum and see how many figures are being made I just realize that's just one more delay for DC

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I honestly thought, despite all these delays, that Hot Toys might genuinely come through on the April-May release date and that I'd be holding this figure in my hands by now. Have to remember that Hope and Hot Toys don't mix.

Hot Toys' releases were built on hope!

No... wait. That's rebellion's.

Two new storm troopers say hello. Sidenote: Hope Hot Toys never release a picture of upcoming releases again, one of the most pointless things they have ever done.

Sweet.

Has anyone seen the tweet by Mamoa that something will be announced by WB in about a week. Many think it's the Snyder Cut of Justice League. Man I hope so. Now that Endgame is out, and the hype dies down, it's good timing.

Perhaps this is what Hot Toys are waiting on with the other delayed DC figures like Superman, Batman and this guy.

Timing fits to ride a mini hype wave of a Snyder cut release, for distributors to sell more figures.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnZXkNfDxD8

Yeah, about that...
https://www.instagram.com/p/BxN3tyGAFRC/

It was for a new brand of canned water he's launching.

Back