Hot Toys Justice League Aquaman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think they are not going to have a exclusive for him so, I will pre order him at bbts, by the time the he's is ready to be released maybe they will rework the head a little bit. Maybe we might have seen what the solo version will look like by then

I personally don't think the sculpt is bad... just the usual bland expression from Hot Toys... they really need to add a bit of emotion to their sculpts!

It's just...not bad. This is a prime example of when to use rooted hair and they didn't. Also, is it just me or is his skin tone too light? Mamoa usually looks a tad darker than that. Not sure. If I love the character in the movie, he's a maybe and even then I may just wait for the solo movie version.

Rooted hair would look like crap. Glad they did not go in that direction.

I'm a fan of how Momoa's Aquaman looks but I think I'll hold out for his solo version. For some reason his full suit doesn't strike me as very Aquamany. I'd rather a topless version with all those badass looking tatoos. When they make that I'll gladly shell out the money and sit him next to my BvS Bats.

I'm a fan of how Momoa's Aquaman looks but I think I'll hold out for his solo version. For some reason his full suit doesn't strike me as very Aquamany. I'd rather a topless version with all those badass looking tatoos. When they make that I'll gladly shell out the money and sit him next to my BvS Bats.

I just hope they can do justice to a topless version. Remember Drax? The tats looked pretty good, but the body was a bit underwhelming and it took a loooong time to release him.

This will be mine. I don't have faith that HT will revisit him again. If they do then I might double dip but I won't take a chance and miss out on him.

Going back to SDCC when this was first seen I'm sure I remember the response being overwhelmingly positive. Surprised to see almost the reversal of that in the comments so far today.

I do agree about the sculpt being bland but sadly just come to expect that from HT. The odd time they stray away from that formula with an expressive sculpt, for example Harley, people complain about that to so they can't win.

Overall I love the rest of this figure and so glad they gave him sculpted hair. Please extend WW the same courtesy in future HT.

This one comes with a mother box as standard, does that mean there is no exclusive version?

Aquaman movie suit DMk2TKxVAAE80Aq.jpgDMlY5ijXUAAmCXX.jpg

I just hope they can do justice to a topless version. Remember Drax? The tats looked pretty good, but the body was a bit underwhelming and it took a loooong time to release him.

Jesus, your right...Personally I am hoping they go with the same style of body they used for the Road Worn Thor. I have never been a fan on the clearly visible action figure like joints in my 1/6th scales if I can help it.

I’ve been an Aquaman fan since the Peter David series in the 90s, and was really looking forward to seeing him in a movie, and was thrilled to see Momoa cast in the role. But the design of the character is just ... not good to me. From head to toe everything just blends together and looks dark and bland. If they knock it out of the park with the character in the movie I may have to get this, or even then hope for some redesign in the solo movie.

Also, am I the only one who got a little eye twitch by the inclusion of a “trident” that has more than three prongs 😂

Last edited:
I’ve been an Aquaman fan since the Peter David series in the 90s, and was really looking forward to seeing him in a movie, and was thrilled to see Momoa cast in the role. But the design of the character is just ... not good to me. From head to toe everything just blends together and looks dark and bland. If they knock it out of the park with the character in the movie I may have to get this, or even then hope for some redesign in the solo movie.

Also, am I the only one who got a little eye twitch by the inclusion of a “trident” that has more than three prongs ��

Nope, I had the same reaction Tri...why... :lol

His "trident" just looks like a rake to me :lol

Potentially good news for people who don't like his costume, apparently the costume underneath is the classic gold top green bottom design but is covered up with oxidation or something similar. So it's likely that at some point that'll all get cleaned up and he'll have his classic colours

I think the likeness and expression could've been better and I think his hair is too dark too.

I'll wait and see if it grows on me or not. :dunno

Likeness seems like some generic dude with a long hair and beard, but I'm sure HT will keep tweaking it.
So far I like what I'm seeing.

Back