Hot Toys Jor El Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok, pics!! and btw, SICK Supes headpaint by Josh (DarkArtist)

Jor-El-060.jpg

Jor-El-021.jpg

Jor-El-032.jpg

Jor-El-034.jpg

Jor-El-023.jpg

Jor-El-043.jpg

Jor-El-040.jpg

Jor-El-055.jpg

Jor-El-050.jpg

Untitled-2.jpg

Last edited:
What did you use for the crystal? Nice pics! :rock

thanks bro! I bought these stained glass green pieces from Michael's. I then cut one of them to the approximate size of the actual crystal (and cut myself in the process). sanded down the sharp edges and buffed them to bring the shine back.

Jor-El-060.jpg

Love this pic Reiny, Brando looks unbelievably Human. What a sculpt!

Great stuff from Josh too, love it Bro.

thanks bro! I bought these stained glass green pieces from Michael's. I then cut one of them to the approximate size of the actual crystal (and cut myself in the process). sanded down the sharp edges and buffed them to bring the shine back.

Well since you already cut yourself doing it, care to fix up some more and send them my way? :lol

Seriously though, I might have to look at doing the same thing!

Great shots! (I need to get my Supes repainted...:monkey2)

I like the crystal. What comes to mind was being a kid in the 70s they had a gem polishing kit that I think would round out the edges and polish that up to be even closer to screen accurate.

Now all you need to do is throw your crystal into a pond... would that work???:lol

But in reality! great job on the crystal. And Josh does amazing work as always. Congrats, Reinhardt!

Damn, threads like this really wear down a guys will power. But who am I kidding I know I have to have this figure :rolleyes:

Tried the blacklight thing. It didn't glow much at all, if at all. I was surprised actually, considering how white it is. It must be that the plasticy sort of coated cloth, stops the ultra violet from getting through to the cloth itself.

These pictures are dedicated with love and respect to Maul Fan :cool:

jorel_crystal-1.gif

jorel_lara-1.gif

I didn't put nearly the time and effort into these as he does, but it's something I've always wanted to try. :eek:

Last edited:
JOR EL and KAL EL...

DSC09435.jpg

DSC09426.jpg

DSC09417.jpg

DSC09384.jpg

DSC09409.jpg

DSC09332.jpg

This as some of you know is the Famous #2 Figuremaster Les Christopher Reeve Superman Tribute Figure. I have only removed it from it's box three times;

When it arrived in Nov 2005,
When Superman Returns Opened and
Now, to reunite him with his Father. :D

I'm in awe of that Christopher Reeve Superman pjam! I will finally have one of my own this year with that same incredible painted headsculpt from Les Walker! I can't wait to get it! :D Then, I gotta work on getting the Hot Toys Jor-El to go with him like you did!

I got this guy coming from Vikingplayground for 105$ (surprised i could find it for that low, of course they only had two left) Does anyone know of a source for crystals? Either homemade or from some toys etc? (i'd rather not use a straw but it don't look bad)

And this link should probably be in here ( Jor-el gallery)

https://www.centurysendsavior.com/SupermanHOTTOYSJorEl.html

005-9.jpg

Last edited:
Back