Hot toys Jack Sparrow & Will Turner

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still, is this not HT's quickest "upgrade" of a figure yet? Even quicker than Robocop and Superman it seems.

No, actually it isn't. The first Jack was released under the "At World's End" Banner. This particular sculpt will be released under the "Dead Man's Chest" banner. Its technically the second Jack offered but from a different film. His clothing didn't change much from DMC to AWE but I'll be interested to see if they go that extra mile and include the black mark additional handsculpt.

That alternative headsculpt is nice. Not enough for me to buy a completely new figure though. Companies should consider selling alternate head sculpts individually. I would buy a few.

Ironic, because the alternative headsculpt will actually force me to buy two. I'll be getting one for Cannibal Jack and one for DMC smilin' Jack.

Mike is correct!

So maybe, for ToyFair, they'll give us AWE Barbossa... and then a second Barbossa for the Black Pearl line with a skeletal headsculpt. That would make me buy two!

Rather than multiples though, I'd like to get some of Davy's crew and maybe Barbossa's too.

I see all my money in 2008 going to Hot Toys!!!!

Me too...kinda scary actually. I have Wolf on order $150, Predalien $170, both of these will most likely be around $125 (x3 for me is $375)...in Q2 just in those I will have to pony up $695! They haven't even shown the P1 or the Alien Queen yet! :banghead

SSC might get closed out of the 2008 loop at this rate, my wallet won't be able to afford it!

Oh yes they are. Expensive, but well worth it.

I just wish HT could get the SW license (too). :monkey2

actually besides the head sculpt the vest seems to finally be the proper shade of blue as well. I hate to do it but I might have to order another Sparrow

Seeing all this great tailoring, proportions, and attention to detail makes me wish Hot Toys would influence Sideshow to get off their butts sooner rather than later. Imagine if ESB Luke or ANH Leia had this kind of love.

Wow! That Cannibal Jack looks 100% like Jack/Depp. The expression and the EYES are perfect. I just wish we got that on a normal Jack. Will doesn't look bad either, but I just don't like the character.

Hot Toys has really stepped up on likenesses! They look like they will be giving Sideshow a run for their money. Lets hope their DK Joker will turn out well!

Wowza... those are some great looking sculpts. I'm not in love with the smiling Jack... it looks a little weird. But the cannibal expression is perfect.

Seeing all this great tailoring, proportions, and attention to detail makes me wish Hot Toys would influence Sideshow to get off their butts sooner rather than later. Imagine if ESB Luke or ANH Leia had this kind of love.

My wife today after emailing her the pic of Will and Jack told me that I should drop the SW SSC line completely because they never look this good. While its unlikely if HT did get the SW license, I'd easily sell all my SSC figures to follow that line. I love Sideshow don't get me wrong but HT has really stepped up their game in recent times...

My wife today after emailing her the pic of Will and Jack told me that I should drop the SW SSC line completely because they never look this good. While its unlikely if HT did get the SW license, I'd easily sell all my SSC figures to follow that line. I love Sideshow don't get me wrong but HT has really stepped up their game in recent times...

Word. :cool:

Yep, and looking at the HT Jack really makes me wish they got the Indy license and not SS. At least for the 1:6 scale stuff.

The Indy license I'm not too worried about. Trevor's Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi sculpt is hands down THE best sculpt in the entire line...if paint apps don't screw it up it will single handedly be the pinnacle of the SW line thus far. I love that figure and can't wait to have it in my hands. With his Indy sculpt I know that at least I'll have one quality Indy representation in my collection and I'm okay with that.

I'll get Will for sure and may get this new Jack figure. Will see about that. The sculpts so far on the POTC stuff kick butt and are running with SS as far as greatness IMO.

Yep, and looking at the HT Jack really makes me wish they got the Indy license and not SS. At least for the 1:6 scale stuff.

Why? So we can pay $150 for Indy figure? I'm glad SS got it cause Indy is a line I want to get several figures from and IMO SS gives you this level of greatness for half the price.

Back