Hot Toys - IT: Chapter 2 1/6 scale Pennywise

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So at times designs and such get me into a given media (I fondly recall buying NECA's Bioshock figures which drove me to play the game). That being said, there's something fun about these Pennywise figures, and I am genuinely curious as someone who generally isn't a big fan of Horror, would I find interest in the movie?

So at times designs and such get me into a given media (I fondly recall buying NECA's Bioshock figures which drove me to play the game). That being said, there's something fun about these Pennywise figures, and I am genuinely curious as someone who generally isn't a big fan of Horror, would I find interest in the movie?

Would definitely recommend. I think its just a really well done movie regardless of genre, there's coming of age elements with the group of kids, fending off bullies, different dynamics with their parents, some comedic moments, etc.

QMX hands down have the best teeth showing sculpt but this is has the better outfit etc.

Yeah I'd pick that one over the HT one too because of how crazy he looks. I'd still probably buy the HT one over the QMx one with the nice stand and probably better accessories though.

What could possibly drive HT to take this IT license in the first place?
Is this new pennywise that popular? I mean the toys, did they sell that well? NECA, etc? Because I never buy any pennywise toy in any scale before

In the past, HT tend to jump to a license/figure to compete with enterbay

He's pretty popular in the Funko line (which I collect) and NECA seems to be having a field day with him. Hopefully it materializes, I like to see them venturing outside the big 3 (marvel, DC, star wars).

Trying not to get too excited. I've fallen in love with SDCC reveals before, and then they're never released. But dang, I want this.

What could possibly drive HT to take this IT license in the first place?
Is this new pennywise that popular? I mean the toys, did they sell that well? NECA, etc? Because I never buy any pennywise toy in any scale before

In the past, HT tend to jump to a license/figure to compete with enterbay

NECA has put out about 5-6 different Pennywise's so far just from the first movie. So they're pretty popular.

F0719204-8DF4-4617-A168-4B6DCADFFA77.jpg

ACME Toys. Sorry I cannot figure how to fix picture. I bought this a week before HT SDCC news. I am quite happy with it. I also agree rooted hair looks like crap on figures, and the ones that look good, how will they fare down the road.

Mostly a marvel/dc/star wars collector but love me some pennywise. Can't wait for this to go up for preorder. Glad I held off on the good not great third party offering

If this does well, would love to see them tackle classic horror -- specifically the Universal Monsters. I have a few of the SS ones, but they could use an upgrade.

snip

ACME Toys. Sorry I cannot figure how to fix picture. I bought this a week before HT SDCC news. I am quite happy with it. I also agree rooted hair looks like crap on figures, and the ones that look good, how will they fare down the road.

If there was nothing else I might settle for that, but not when both HT's and QMx's look vastly better.

Fair enough. Personally don’t think QMx will ever deliver. HT better chance but also not a sure thing. How many figures do they make prototypes for and they never see the light of day.

Fair enough. Personally don’t think QMx will ever deliver. HT better chance but also not a sure thing. How many figures do they make prototypes for and they never see the light of day.

If they’re releasing Alita I don’t see why they wouldn’t do Pennywise, it’s 10 times more popular.

I like the fact they are doing this....

But like all releases I will critique it as well as its not a home run.

The head is too freakin small!

1fbca99d9a5907f1235039836939321a.jpg

317ee3aa7df2cdcebf4241034a262499.jpg

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Back