Hot Toys - IT: Chapter 2 1/6 scale Pennywise

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Apart from this Hot Toys were truly disappointing at SDCC, that being said this looks fantastic.

Love the base and the proportions look on point.

I couldn't wait so I bought the Acme one when it was released and I was so surprised with how much I liked it that it has satisfied my 1/6th Pennywise need. It's obviously not perfect, but being a casual Horror collector I was very happy with it.
Having said that. I think the HT one looks amazing. Someone earlier said that they captured the tall, thin likeness of him which is a definite plus. Sculpted hair would have been nice on this to really hit it home (one thing the on the Acme one that I really didn't like), but I think there's plenty of room for Pennywise for everyone. Surely between the three releases (HT, Acme and QMX), someone will find the clown for them. Plus, I like my red balloon on my Acme one. :)

I'm going to PO it on day one for sure, just afraid my shelf can't fit him inside as figure and the base both looks so tall.

Here is where the PERS system will have no faults, ****ed up eyes will only enhance the aesthetic. Definitely needs rooted hair though.

Yea that would bother me if it was rooted and eventually lost that flipped up style on the sides.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Day one PO for me. Looks awesome and I can't wait for the new movie to hit in September. I hope this sells well because I'd like for HT to tackle Halloween's Michael Myers.

Rooted would look like crap. Its a hard style to re-create in mass quantities, sculpted works best for this as far as practicality and longevity.

SDCC-2019-Hot-Toys-023.jpg

SDCC-2019-Hot-Toys-021.jpg

SDCC-2019-Hot-Toys-022.jpg

SDCC-2019-Hot-Toys-024.jpg

The sculpt with the teeth looks absolutely amazing. I would still probably prefer the regular head though for display, which looks a lot better in these recent pics than I thought it did in the first batch of pictures.

For me the HT fanged sculpt is much better than the QMX one. I never liked that expression much in the movie either, when he's huge and busts out of the projector screen.

Rooted would look like crap. Its a hard style to re-create in mass quantities, sculpted works best for this as far as practicality and longevity.

I agree 100%. I could barely keep the A1 Black Widows hair looking decent, it kept frizzing up on the side. "It"'s hair is a lot more complex so much so that I think the only people who could maintain it would be a professional stylist or a collector with way to much free time and is OCD. Yes the hair would justify the price a little more, but it would be a nightmare to keep up.

This Pennywise honestly looks amazing!!! :clap
Day one pre-order for sure!

Hopefully this is just the beginning of Hot Toys' interest in horror 1/6 figures...... :pray:

Back