Hot Toys "Iron Whiplash" figure (Whiplash Mark II)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm so he went back to being diecast? Didn't they decide to make him plastic? Could swear a few months back that was the case.

I think they just reused the old picture from a previous catalog...

hope it comes in plastic for both price and qualities sake

I think they just reused the old picture from a previous catalog...

hope it comes in plastic for both price and qualities sake

While this seems like the only figure actually suitable for diecast, I really see no reason for it to be. The higher price and untested quality of the material seems like a waste, here's hoping he's plastic.

He went back to plastic? ... When did that happen!.... I wanted it only cause it was die cast... :(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

He went back to plastic? ... When did that happen!.... I wanted it only cause it was die cast... :(

its all speculation, I think largerly due to SC and HB going from diecast to plastic people assumed this would too.

Diecast is nice in the right spots. Feet are good for diecast. Some special parts on the chest. Some of the interior mechanisms.

If you go full diecast it's usually a pain in the butt and too heavy. Plus it gets hard to balance, pose, and loses paint easy.

I like the idea of using it for some Iron Man pieces and Robocop, I just hope they test the prototypes and don't use too much. It's a nice way to add some special qualities to a piece.

I don't really understand peoples obsession with diecast though... most of my favorite releases don't use alot.

Exactly... It says made of die cast parts if i remember. I would love to have that and like some said especially for some iconic stuff like robocop etc and or for some kick *** armors like this one...

Exactly... It says made of die cast parts if i remember. I would love to have that and like some said especially for some iconic stuff like robocop etc and or for some kick *** armors like this one...

technically every piece of this figure is a "part" though... So which parts exactly?

technically every piece of this figure is a "part" though... So which parts exactly?

I dont know, am just saying the original listing for robo and Ironman said that? I would love to know myself. May be some of the armory is in die cast "over plastic" ???
I am sure its not all die cast, or so i assumed when they said made of die cast parts for most of such launches...

Cheers!
AJ

Given Hot Toys newly found affinity for bundling figures. It may be possible that the whiplash mark II could be bundled with a Iron Man Mark VI. Wouldn't be terribly difficult and probably very popular.

Given Hot Toys newly found affinity for bundling figures. It may be possible that the whiplash mark II could be bundled with a Iron Man Mark VI. Wouldn't be terribly difficult and probably very popular.

That would be cool but I highly doubt it. But if they did I sure as hell would get that bundle :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back