Hot Toys Iron Man Proportions

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HT's 1/4 scale XLIII is scaled just fine. So are most of the iron man statues I've seen. If you really have an issue with HT's 1/4 XLIII then yeah I don't know. Compare it to those play imaginative 1/4 iron man figures and you'll see what I mean.

I'm wondering how that armor can survive bazookas...the impact must hurt..somewhat..

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

People bitching are morons, hot toys take disneys 3d movie render and work off that, you dont like the proportions take it up with the mouse.

They look perfectly fine to me.. But I definitely see how someone could be bothered or thrown off by them.

I would assume Hot Toys works off of 3D assets as well, but still, seems like they consistently undersize the head enough for me to take note and wish it were bigger.

Attachments

• ironMan45_compare.jpg
    ironMan45_compare.jpg
    228.3 KB · Views: 97
I guess it's easier to judge a 1/4 or 1/6 figure in terms of scale than a 1/1 prop/replica. Or maybe it would look odd if HT actually designed a 1/6 or 1/4 that could really fit a scaled figure. I would probably consider it bulky and fat since it's not a 1/1 scale.

Maybe HT has to sacrifice this "realism" in order to make the armors look good.

Even tough I can't imagine my Workshop Tony inside the MK 42, I still consider these iron man armors small jewels of engineering.

I could be wrong but I remember seeing in one of the behind the scenes videos (Iron Man 2, maybe?) that a typical human is 6 heads tall and they purposefully make Iron Man 7 heads tall to give him a sleeker appearance more in line with the comics.

I agree with you on the head and overall proportions. It's something that they have struggled with over the years on countless of IM figures. Blew my mind that they had certain aspects of the proportions so off when they've done it a billion times. They were usually way too skinny while having the neck and head being too small.

However it is something that they have drastically improved on within the last year alone. They nailed it with the 1/4 Mark 42/43 and with the recent 1/6 DC Mark 6/46. Looks to be much better nowadays moving forward compared to previous figures.

review_immkv_5.jpg

28716230574_ac86a26735_c.jpg

29260608071_9750b172c9_c.jpg

13775529_10153674356137344_7352570362232511136_n.jpg

13006501_10153471043917344_3016523277442920954_n.jpg

Last edited:
I don't get this. Why this is an argument? has anyone here seen Robert Downey Jr and actually measured him? How would you know it is out of scale? and how much out-of-scale that you are talking about? 1um or 1 meter? all of the above drawing pictures are non-scientific arguments? What is one head in length? Is everyone heads the same size? if you can't answer all of these questions in scientific experiment, how would you justify that it is out-of-scale that solely based on your optical illusion, and on top of that, most of the iron man suit in the movies is CGI, and therefore it is prone to provide in correct measurement. If you put that in perspective and scale it down to 1/6. It means you're magnifying the error by ~6x.

The argument is that human beings are between 7 and 8 heads high. Absolute measurements are not needed, its just a ratio of a person's head to that person's overall height. The quarter scale iron man measures 9 heads high which can give it the appearance of having a small head or a long body, and many of the 1/6 scale are the same. The question is, does that accurately reflect Iron Man on screen. Some say yes, some say no.

given your requirement, I edited your attached picture as ~8 heads in length. What do you think?
Capture.JPG

Here is an animated gif cycling back ad forth between the original and a slightly larger head, which I think makes a big improvement in overall proportions. As a percentage change it seems like a laughably small difference (I scaled the head 4%), but it sure makes it much more believable as a guy in a suit IMO.

Attachments

• QuarterScale_headSizeAdjustment.gif
    QuarterScale_headSizeAdjustment.gif
    382.8 KB · Views: 93
Back