Hot Toys Iron Man Mk V or not???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spindrift

Super Freak
Reaction score
It's been awhile since any news. I am wondering that IM 2 may be at the end of the line for HT...dvd out and still no announcement... IMO the coolest IM suit in IM2..the Mk V suitcase armor!
Visions of this with a partial covered head, arm and leg sections as optional parts- opening suitcase with that wonderful suit partally deployed as an optional attachment...well I can hope!
Anyone hear anything of substance on this??
Gary

Give them time they have many licenses to deal with right now.. besides the proto looked rubbish so they have more then likely started all over again from scratch, hot toys listen to there fans and i think everyone complained about how the figure looked ...so don't worry the figure will be released in time and so will a whiplash v2 and also that big ironman related surprise they hinted a while back ..i hope thats ironmonger!

I think they're struggling with this figure. The main issue I think surrounds the area across the suits chest and shoulders. Technically it seems a tough ask to get articulation out of those areas yet still hide the joins...

I think they're struggling with this figure. The main issue I think surrounds the area across the suits chest and shoulders. Technically it seems a tough ask to get articulation out of those areas yet still hide the joins...
I've always thought they should have done this figure as a Truetype body in a fabric suit that's "scaled" with small plates of armor fastened to the fabric. It would allow for the most flexibility, and be the most movie accurate. It'd be like their Dark Knight Batman but with a hundred or more little "scales" or armor fastened to the rubber suit.

I've always thought they should have done this figure as a Truetype body in a fabric suit that's "scaled" with small plates of armor fastened to the fabric. It would allow for the most flexibility, and be the most movie accurate. It'd be like their Dark Knight Batman but with a hundred or more little "scales" or armor fastened to the rubber suit.

WOW! ...I never thought of them doing it that way ..that would be awesome! ..but NO rubber!

.. it may end up being akward when trying to pose it, but it would look great in a relaxed pose.

WOW! ...I never thought of them doing it that way ..that would be awesome! ..but NO rubber!

.. it may end up being akward when trying to pose it, but it would look great in a relaxed pose.
The original Dark Knight Batman's rubber suit has held up just fine over time (at least in my experience). Besides, a rubber suit would allow for the majority of the Mark V suit to actually be red or silver rubber, while the thicker pieces like the chestplates and shoulder pads could be plastic parts permanently fastened to the rubber suit. This would give a much better look and a lot more posability IMO than the route they've opted to go for the Mark V.

hot-toys-iron-man-mark-v-prototype-magazine-scan.jpg

That thing just looks awkwardly proportioned and stiff.

It s having a difficult gestation along with the Avatar figures im sure.The problems will be pretty much identical too!But a jump on your shelf from Mark IV to Mark VI??No,thats not how Hot Toys do things.It ll be here eventually.

Wouldnt work. It was totally CGI in the movie and I doubt a toy can pull it off in scale.

Agreed. It was all CGI and its going to be impossible making this movie accurate without sacrificing articulation. Equally, with articulation, there will have to be sacrices to accuracy in terms of obvious exposed joints. If it ever sees the light of day, Hot Toys will be in a lose lose situation either way, once the whiners get their claws and handbags out:cuckoo:
Although the suit was CGI and was never a practical prop, i'd imagine it must have had some degree of real world functionality in its design. I kind of see it as knights armour and, particularly on those ridged plates across his chest, they must have meant to be flexible? So perhaps making that section using rubber plates like DX Bats isn't such a bad idea...Well whatever happens, If any company can pull this off in 1/6 scale its Hot Toys:lecture

You see above exactly what they will do and it will be just fine. The it being CGI is a seriously weak argument against this ever being made. Hot Toys has made several figures over the last few years that where all CGI. As I said if they just match what they have in that pic its fine.

I think if they retool it will wind up as mixed media. Plastic for most areas, but a flexible rubber piece where the chest joint through the upper arms. Good luck to them however they solve that challenge.

This might be one where over time I'd rather have a statue.

I think if they retool it will wind up as mixed media. Plastic for most areas, but a flexible rubber piece where the chest joint through the upper arms. Good luck to them however they solve that challenge.

This might be one where over time I'd rather have a statue.

When this gets made HT will make it the same way they've made the other IM figures. As many times as I've seen IM2 already I don't see where this would me a mix media suit in 1:6th at all.

You see above exactly what they will do and it will be just fine. The it being CGI is a seriously weak argument against this ever being made. Hot Toys has made several figures over the last few years that where all CGI. As I said if they just match what they have in that pic its fine.

Way to miss my point bud.:slap It probably will be made i'm simply pointing out that sacrifices will have to be made in screen accuracy to get this out. I hope they do as its my favourite mark out of the 6.

Didn't miss any point at all pal.:wink1: I was simply saying that it being CGI isn't an issue cause the full suits in the movies are CGI in virtually every scene. This will be the made the same way so it will have similar articulation.The chest area really doesn't have much of an effect the rest of the figure.

It's been awhile since any news. I am wondering that IM 2 may be at the end of the line for HT...dvd out and still no announcement... IMO the coolest IM suit in IM2..the Mk V suitcase armor!
Visions of this with a partial covered head, arm and leg sections as optional parts- opening suitcase with that wonderful suit partally deployed as an optional attachment...well I can hope!
Anyone hear anything of substance on this??
Gary

the guys at HT knows this is the creme de la creme of the suits in IM2. They'd not pass the chance at milking this, IMO.

I saw the walmart exclusive 6" Mk V today. It looked neat to say the least. I almost bought it, but I figured why waste my money when HT WM is around the corner.

Back