Hot Toys Iron Man Mk V or not???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Didn't miss any point at all pal.:wink1: I was simply saying that it being CGI isn't an issue cause the full suits in the movies are CGI in virtually every scene. This will be the made the same way so it will have similar articulation.The chest area really doesn't have much of an effect the rest of the figure.

Ah right :) Yeah I hope so. It must be quite a challenge for them all the same seeing as we haven't heard squat from the project since the clay maquette thingy was released:gah:

Last edited:
It does seen like it's an issue for them. Hopefully we will get something soon from them on this figure. I really want this to add to my hall of armor.

This will be something really special. I'm thinking possibly a racing suit under removable armor panels with battle damaged panels for a Mark 6 style swap-out.

There will be a Mark 2 autopsy suit as well, supposedly.

I personally would prefer a racing suit stark as a separate release.

The autopsy Mark II sounds cool.

I think some of you have your hopes up a little too high on this figure. The way the plating and everything is set up I don't really see the odds of a 2 in 1 going on. The figure will be plastic like the other marks with possibly a COH of Tony but since they are going Tony with the Mark IV I could see them doing mid-transformation more than anything else.

I have my doubts you'll get a racing suit Tony out of this but I wouldn't put it past them like they did with IM1 to issue a "Men's Racing Suit" that you could use to kitbash your own.

Really? Getting our hopes up?

You don't think we'll get a Stark racing-suited truetype which fits into a fully transformable suitcase-to-deployable armor with battle damaged swap panels, six hands, three headsculpts, a box of doughnuts, and fully functional repulsors?

What do ya think this is, Hasblow?

Really? Getting our hopes up?

You don't think we'll get a Stark racing-suited truetype which fits into a fully transformable suitcase-to-deployable armor with battle damaged swap panels, six hands, three headsculpts, a box of doughnuts, and fully functional repulsors?

What do ya think this is, Hasblow?

Are you serious? ..hot toys are good, but that that bloddy good!

..or is this sarcasm ..its hard to tell sometimes..

Yeah, fairly dripping with sarcasm. :lol

The paint job on this piece could really make or break it. If they can achieve a true chrome sheen on the silver bits (as opossed to the dull silver/grey of the production Mark 2), then I think it could be a jawdropper.

The multi-segmented armor panels are crucial as well---the crustacean-like appearance of the Mark 5 is what makes it so different visually from the other armors and contributes greatly, I think, to its appeal. I have no idea how HT could engineer an expanding watch-band type of armor in 1/6th scale...

I do enjoy watching them push the envelope, though.

Yeah, fairly dripping with sarcasm. :lol

The paint job on this piece could really make or break it. If they can achieve a true chrome sheen on the silver bits (as opossed to the dull silver/grey of the production Mark 2), then I think it could be a jawdropper.

The multi-segmented armor panels are crucial as well---the crustacean-like appearance of the Mark 5 is what makes it so different visually from the other armors and contributes greatly, I think, to its appeal. I have no idea how HT could engineer an expanding watch-band type of armor in 1/6th scale...

I do enjoy watching them push the envelope, though.

Ya the Chrome finish is essential for this figure ..i can see a partly transformed suitcase being included like how the mech test got the robot, but if they give us the partly transformed briefcase they have to give us the racetrack suit ..the head we get with the Iv could complete the look, but to be truley screen accurate it must be a new head thats cut up and sweating.

Whiplash + Tony in mid transfromation into Mark v would make an awesome display!

Ya the Chrome finish is essential for this figure ..i can see a partly transformed suitcase being included like how the mech test got the robot

the head we get with the Iv could complete the look, but to be truley screen accurate it must be a new head thats cut up and sweating.

Whiplash + Tony in mid transfromation into Mark v would make an awesome display!

Now you're talking! Love the idea of suitcase-in-progress prop (like with the hand grips/gauntlets deployed before he snaps it across his chest).
And a beat-up head sculpt seems essential. I agree with other folks who've remarked that this figure seems to scream for the battle damaged treatment, since it exists unblemished in the film for about three seconds (and Hot Toys prides itself on screen accuracy).

Now you're talking! Love the idea of suitcase-in-progress prop (like with the hand grips/gauntlets deployed before he snaps it across his chest).
And a beat-up head sculpt seems essential. I agree with other folks who've remarked that this figure seems to scream for the battle damaged treatment, since it exists unblemished in the film for about three seconds (and Hot Toys prides itself on screen accuracy).

Even if we got a battle damage option ..id rather have him clean looking, but taking into mind M3bd and MVI the clean look will still be slighlty damaged ..i would want a perfectly clean MV, so i would actually be just as happy if we got no battle damage with this figure.

I'd also like the handcuffs and chain for the suitcase ..would make for a cool display for a normal tony in suit.

I think some of you have your hopes up a little too high on this figure. The way the plating and everything is set up I don't really see the odds of a 2 in 1 going on. The figure will be plastic like the other marks with possibly a COH of Tony but since they are going Tony with the Mark IV I could see them doing mid-transformation more than anything else.

I have my doubts you'll get a racing suit Tony out of this but I wouldn't put it past them like they did with IM1 to issue a "Men's Racing Suit" that you could use to kitbash your own.

A 2 n 1 is a long shot at best. I think what we wil get is the Mark V just like the rest. No partial or 2 n 1 figures. Too much money to be made
Making a full Mark V.

Here's a question for you guys.

Considering the Mark V has a lack of accessories how would you feel towards him being made a two pack.

Iron Man Mark V with Pepper Potts and 'Football'
or
Iron Man Mark V with Happy Hogan and 'Football'

I think it will be one of those almost two pack... Mk V full armor along with the racing suit, Stark head and such. just no body.

Here's a question for you guys.

Considering the Mark V has a lack of accessories how would you feel towards him being made a two pack.

Iron Man Mark V with Pepper Potts and 'Football'
or
Iron Man Mark V with Happy Hogan and 'Football'

Have to say a big yawn on Happy and Pepper.

I think this figure may be getting the DX treatment. Thus the speculation about a racing suit and alternate head sculpt may turn out to be correct!

Back