Hot Toys - IRON MAN - MARK III PHOTO Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Zeelhar, that isn't great to hear. I'll be the first to tell you how impressed I usually am with Hot Toys, BUT I don't care the cost if the fig, they need to be in perfect working order before shipping. Because of this I'm holding off on getting anything else from them. Gonna stick with my one off customs. At least I'm my own quality control.

Zeelhar, that isn't great to hear. I'll be the first to tell you how impressed I usually am with Hot Toys, BUT I don't care the cost if the fig, they need to be in perfect working order before shipping. Because of this I'm holding off on getting anything else from them. Gonna stick with my one off customs. At least I'm my own quality control.
Really? You're going to avoid all Hot Toys purchases because ONE GUY got an Iron Man unit that doesn't light up? There's no such thing as 100% quality control, you know.

DSC00109.jpg

Here is a picture of mine (2nd batch). Apparently the flap on the rear problem is fixed now! Since they can both be flipped up completely now. I know it's not that big of a concern for most people. But just for those that are just curious about whether they have fixed that or not in the 2nd batch or not.

DSC00109.jpg

Here is a picture of mine (2nd batch). Apparently the flap on the rear problem is fixed now! Since they can both be flipped up completely now. I know it's not that big of a concern for most people. But just for those that are just curious about whether they have fixed that or not in the 2nd batch or not.

how do we really know what is 1st or second batch ... really

how do we really know what is 1st or second batch ... really
Well I guess I can't be 100% sure. But I ordered @ Hot Toy's retail store in HK. When their first batch arrived, they didn't have enough for everyone that pre-ordered. They told me that those that pre-ordered in August and September will be getting ours after Chinese New Year. They called a few days ago and told me that I could go pick up my order. So I am assuming mine is the 2nd batch. I am assuming that all of the 2nd batch will not have the issue of the flap not being able to open fully. I "thought" all of the first batch had this issue of having 1 of the flaps not being able to open fully. I know that someone on here open theirs fully, but if i remember right it took a little more(pressure?) to open it completely. I guess for those of you that ordered online, you won't know for sure which is first and which is 2nd? But at least for me, I'm quite sure that mine is the 2nd batch that Hot Toys got. Unless they just gave me one that someone returned. But probably because I didn't find anything wrong with it upon inspection. Even if there is they would allow me to go back to exchange for another one anyways. Meh! but whatever! As long as they fixed that problem it's all good. I'm just glad I finally got mine!

I just hope I don't run into something like this. If I have to pay customs twice. I'm going to stab someone!

My last two shipments from XL-Shop have been hit with customs, so much for making sure they reduce the shipping price and shipping as a gift, new supplier time :(

It's not the prices that decides if it gets through or not. Customs is watching the amount thats coming through to each and everyones address. Regular shipments all the time, they'll think you're importing drugs until they find out after it's scanned. Sometimes if they wish they can open up the parcel. They done this with my v1 joker. As it was re-taped. Even though it wasn't charged.

The more you buy, the more thats shipped each month. We get caught. I've came to the conclusion that if you maybe got one fig every 3 - 4 month you'd get by.

Or it could be the fact things have changed so much with the recession and the government have just become so stingy that nothing will be free. Taxed to our eyeballs.

When I got the joker v1 end of August, first shipment from Hong Kong for me. It got by customs. Next one from Hong Kong, TDK fig end of November it got by. They were not marked as a gift. So that has no effect. End of December I started getting hit for the Bank Robber, then Two face in January and now no doubt about it Iron Man will get caught for February. I definitely didn't get by getting the Batman original suit from America. I haven't had anything from America in years.

This is why I decided to buy the vehicles in the UK. Could you imagine the custom fees for those two :eek:

Parcelforce said to me every $100 or was it £, I can't remember now... but they did say you have to fork out between £20 - £40 for customs tax.

My last two shipments from XL-Shop have been hit with customs, so much for making sure they reduce the shipping price and shipping as a gift, new supplier time :(
I feel your pain too. The Canadian customs charges tax pretty much on anything that is shipped from abroad with a value over 100 CAD. I bought a 1/18 diecast car once that was imported from the states and I was charged with tax + duty for around 40-50 dollars CAD. It was rediculous. The diecast car itself was about 100. So I usually ask people not to ship with UPS. Fedex is a little better. Usually if it's from the US, I request the seller to ship with USPS because that has the least chance of being taxed if the value declared is not a lot.

Just got mine today from a fellow boardie, Thanks Ringer.
Trust me, this figure looks better in person. Did not dissapoint. One piece I'm glad I didn't pass up. I gonna try to sanp some photos to add to the stock.

Tom

Ok I'm sold. By seeing the photos taken of this figure I'll be buying not only this one but also the other two. Hope that they'll make an Iron Monger to scale with these guys. Would have been better if they were made in die cast ;)

well i have had 2 know and both have come broke .. i will not spend this kind of $ on crap ....

this figure sucks

Back