Hot Toys Iron Man Mark 1 re-release

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:exactly::hi5:

The terrorist collected and rebuilt it. Obidiah took it from them after slaughtering them all. He told his men to load everything up.

yes....and there is a scene with Coulson and Pepper looking at it in Sector 16 where she says "I thought it'd be bigger" Thats what she said....giggity.....so I guess he did just bring it home from the office sort of speak...

Last edited:
I don't buy that....no way he would travel there just to pick up his old armor when he could reconstruct a new one....

The Tony from the comics would most likely do that. He'd rather go out of his way to pick up the scrap than have the chance his tech could be stolen or copied, even if the odds are slim and the tech is primitive.

Also, he could have easily just recovered the Mark 1 from Stane after he was dead, I'm pretty sure Stane himself would have brought back whatever the terrorists had after he and his men killed them all.

I believe Obadia had the Mark 1 in his lab where Monger was being built. Coulson says he expected it to be bigger when they found it. So I would assume Stark grabbed it from there.

Coulsan actually says "So it looks like you were right....he was building a suit" and then Pepper says the line about it being bigger

Coulsan actually says "So it looks like you were right....he was building a suit" and then Pepper says the line about it being bigger

But Stane and his men take over the terrorist camp where the Mark 1 was being held and studied. There's no way he left it behind.

im waiting for dx02, but wait iron monger cost 500$ so mark ! could too easily cost the same flipping prices on eBay

Nah, the Mark I will cost some money, but not what the Iron Monger cost, afterall you're talking about an 18 inch figure that's about the size of a 1:6 scale vehricle. If i were to guess, i would say the Mark I will cost between $250-$300 tops.

Happy for those who missed out the Mark I, now yours chance to get one.:wink1: As for myself, I'm gonna be honest I'm not really happy w/ this news since I already have the old Mark I and I consider that as one of my HT grails, now that title is long gone since an improved version is coming. :( It's not that I collect figures for investment (mind you, I'm not a reseller) but you know the feeling that you have a rare/grail figure in your collection that makes you proud as a collector since only a few own it; but that feeling diminish since you know they're gonna re-launched it in a improved version. :thud:

Oh well, might get this one as well since I'm not planning to sell my old Mark I. :monkey1 Hope it turns out to be a bit diff. from the old Mark I..say removable armors & a special base & backdrop?! :cuckoo:

HT is definitely the first company I know that doesn't understand the meaning of "limited edition." Seriously, they should just take those words off their figures, lower the price, and sell these at Toys R Us. That way they could reissue the same figure as many times as they like.

I don't own the Mark I, nor do I intend to. But, I honestly felt that HT broke their promise of their figures being "limited edition." If it can happen to the Mark I and the Joker, it surely can happen to any of the upcoming figures I have on PO.

I guess they believe that the additional short term profits from these re-issues is worth losing their brand equity over. Sucks that HT really has no competition whatsoever in this segment of the market...allows them to toy around with their customers without any repercussions.

It is also limited when a company decides to produce smaller quantities of a good, regardless of demand, and sell them at a higher price knowing that people are willing to pay higher prices for exclusivity.

HT is definitely the first company I know that doesn't understand the meaning of "limited edition." Seriously, they should just take those words off their figures, lower the price, and sell these at Toys R Us. That way they could reissue the same figure as many times as they like.

I don't own the Mark I, nor do I intend to. But, I honestly felt that HT broke their promise of their figures being "limited edition." If it can happen to the Mark I and the Joker, it surely can happen to any of the upcoming figures I have on PO.

I guess they believe that the additional short term profits from these re-issues is worth losing their brand equity over. Sucks that HT really has no competition whatsoever in this segment of the market...allows them to toy around with their customers without any repercussions.

that figure IS limited, as you can clearly see from the lack of it being around, and its prices on ebay.

the new one will be a second release. not the same figure. and this happens in EVERY toy line. you are collecting TOYS.

masters of the universe classics.
there is the first issue he-man. he fetches over 50 bucks on ebay.
second issue he-man, same exact figure, about 30 on ebay.

the only reason the original mark 1 wont be worth more as a FIRST issue is because of stupid _____ grinned scalpors. which is exactly what hot toys is trying to do away with by having updated, better than before releases of previously released characters.

if you want to flip ( not you, im hoping you dont) then get into stamps or coins, you are collecting TOYS. get the hell out of collecting toys. because every toy company in the world showers us with reissues, variants, and rehashes. get a clue. these are not stocks, or precious coins, or stamps. have fun collecting and selling those.

BTW i have the original mark 1, for those of you who thought i was just happy for a rerelease. i wont be getting it. im happy with mine, ill just keep that JOSE STARK head sculpt covered.

i agree i dont think the mark 1 NEEDED an update as bad as the colonial marines, or dutch, but its happening, Hot Toys makes their own decisions. if you treat collecting like the stock market, trying to figure out what to buy and when to sell, you wont win. so stop stressing yourself out.

that figure IS limited, as you can clearly see from the lack of it being around, and its prices on ebay.

the new one will be a second release. not the same figure. and this happens in EVERY toy line. you are collecting TOYS.

masters of the universe classics.
there is the first issue he-man. he fetches over 50 bucks on ebay.
second issue he-man, same exact figure, about 30 on ebay.

the only reason the original mark 1 wont be worth more as a FIRST issue is because of stupid _____ grinned scalpors. which is exactly what hot toys is trying to do away with by having updated, better than before releases of previously released characters.

if you want to flip ( not you, im hoping you dont) then get into stamps or coins, you are collecting TOYS. get the hell out of collecting toys. because every toy company in the world showers us with reissues, variants, and rehashes. get a clue. these are not stocks, or precious coins, or stamps. have fun collecting and selling those.

BTW i have the original mark 1, for those of you who thought i was just happy for a rerelease. i wont be getting it. im happy with mine, ill just keep that JOSE STARK head sculpt covered.

i agree i dont think the mark 1 NEEDED an update as bad as the colonial marines, or dutch, but its happening, Hot Toys makes their own decisions. if you treat collecting like the stock market, trying to figure out what to buy and when to sell, you wont win. so stop stressing yourself out.

I don't think most of us collectors who disagree with HT's methods have any intention of flipping their figures. But with every collectible company, "limited edition" is a selling point for HT's products. I believe Sideshow doesn't do re-issues no matter how popular their products are, because they honor their vow to keep their stuffs limited. My whole point is HT should just rename all their figures as "V1.0", much like how computer softwares are tagged. That way, they can regularly update the same product as many times as they like without causing an uproar. I am also sure people are willing to fork out the ever-increasing prices HT charges because of the "limited edition" tag, because they believe that these products won't be produced anymore in the future. So by going the way of re-issues, HT is not honoring the promise they made, though never explicitly mentioned, that people held in good faith.

Anyway, some will be happy with HT's policies while others won't. I'm one of those that aren't simply because HT are not keeping their end of the bargain.

I am thrilled. And even though I do not have the original, I can't wait to see what they'll do to improve it.

And I can not believe all the whining and crying about re-releases. It is absolutely idiotic to think you shouldn't get the first version of something because you'd rather hold out for an improved re-release. Why not skip on the re-release to wait the 3rd version?

Buy or don't buy! Upgrade or just keep your original. But stop throwing out unintelligent statements.

Hot Toys and Sideshow are businesses. They MUST make money or they won't continue. Wheather they care about the hobby or the product they sell doesn't matter. It is ultimately still up to us the spend our money or not.

:exactly: :exactly: :goodpost:

Somebody did mentioned that even HT re-issues won't hurt the value of the original to be much lower, guess what? I had a 2005 Wonderfest Medicom Limited to 500pcs 1/6 Zombie Camo MGS Snake bought at the retail price of approx. 190usd, it did fetch up to the high 400plus USD during 2006 - 2009 period. They re-issued it in 2010, I sold it this year on the bay & manage to get like only 99usd despite the fact that its still todate one of the best Snake figure out in the market. So gd luck to all of us HT collectors.

I don't think most of us collectors who disagree with HT's methods have any intention of flipping their figures. But with every collectible company, "limited edition" is a selling point for HT's products. I believe Sideshow doesn't do re-issues no matter how popular their products are, because they honor their vow to keep their stuffs limited. My whole point is HT should just rename all their figures as "V1.0", much like how computer softwares are tagged. That way, they can regularly update the same product as many times as they like without causing an uproar. I am also sure people are willing to fork out the ever-increasing prices HT charges because of the "limited edition" tag, because they believe that these products won't be produced anymore in the future. So by going the way of re-issues, HT is not honoring the promise they made, though never explicitly mentioned, that people held in good faith.

Anyway, some will be happy with HT's policies while others won't. I'm one of those that aren't simply because HT are not keeping their end of the bargain.

first of all, only the marvel stuff says limited edition, and its been said, that marvel requires them to do so....

secondly addressing, " because they believe that these products won't be produced anymore in the future. "
the products WONT be produced anymore, their hasnt been a single REISSUE. even the mark IV with gantry doesnt come with all the accesories that original did, or the box, which the version WITH those, would no doubt sell for much more.
this new mark 1, most likely wont use the same box, they have already said it comes with extra accesories, and will most likely have a new head sculpt. im pretty sure the true type underneath has been improved since its original release as well. therefore, its an all new figure. there is a mark 1, version 1, and a version 2, whether its written on the box at all.

look at the old predator figures, or dutch, any of the older figures, are just not even close to the quality HT can provide now. when will it be ok to make those charcters again? never? come on. its in our best intrest to have the best version of each character. i would kill for some colonial marines, or robocop. lets be realistic.

look at the old predator figures, or dutch, any of the older figures, are just not even close to the quality HT can provide now. when will it be ok to make those charcters again? never? come on. its in our best intrest to have the best version of each character. i would kill for some colonial marines, or robocop. lets be realistic.
Yeah, I do agree that some of the older HT figures are rubbish. Lets all see how gd can HT 'better' the MK1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back