Hot Toys Iron Man Hall of Armor - Advice!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ironmanhall01.jpg

What's the Captain America shield/mini Iron Man bust thing?

If I ever hit the lottery, I'd like to do a Hall of Armor dio, maybe have Mech Test Tony repairing the BD Mark VI. Seeing as how I don't own any HT Iron Men, and the odds of me hitting the lottery are slim to none, I doubt that'll ever happen though.:lol

May I suggest a mirrored backing for that display? It would allow you to see the back, as well as making it brighter and easier to see even the front of he figures with the same amount of light.

Yup, had the same idea:wink1: Also thinking about switching to a white cabinet, might work better that way..

What's the Captain America shield/mini Iron Man bust thing?

That Cap shield is made by Master Replicas and it's made of real metal, that little thing probably weighs five pounds. The mini Ironman bust is the old mark II exclusive item.

-

That Cap shield is made by Master Replicas and it's made of real metal, that little thing probably weighs five pounds. The mini Ironman bust is the old mark II exclusive item.

Cool, knew Mark 2 came with the Proof Tony Stark has a heart thing, didn't know there was a mini bust as well, very nice :)

Hello, do you think there is a chance led lighting in the displays could fade the figures, im going to put some in my detolfs (when they arrive) but dont want to damage the figures

Also why is the Mark II original version still going for so much these days? I would assume w/ the AU version, the price would drop. No?

Gwarsh, you guys did it like pros...here is mine, made on the cheap.

Well not so cheap actually..its still in a semi rough state, and could've turned out much better I reckon.

sorry bout the cellphone pic too guys

pzw5cewz3bzxufd86dxt.jpg

Would the gantry be a good looking piece for the Hall of Armor?

It wouldn't really be necessary for a hall of armor, but I do think that it is a wonderful addition to an Iron Man figure display. If you have a Tony Stark figure and an Iron Man armor figure, it begs the question, how does he get in and out of that armor, with all of those bolts holding it together? Once I saw the suit up gantry in the movie, it made sense. Otherwise, it would take half a day to get into his armor. With two fast robotic hands, he can do it in a few minutes.
I think no IM display would be complete without it. The only problems are the size and the price of it. It takes up a tremendous amount of room, considering how it is stretched out, so that is an issue. You can buy an Iron Man figure for less money, too. If space and money are no issue, I'd go for it. I think it would even make a more impressive display to a lot of people to have an IM figure in the gantry with just a few other IM figs than to use the same money for more IM figs.

Back