Hot Toys Iron Man Hall of Armor - Advice!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AW177

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey all,

I would love to have all of the Hot Toys Iron Man figures to someday display them all, somewhat of a Hall of Armor. I am going backwards though and would like some advice on what you think is the best armors to get. Here's the breakdown:

Mark I: bought on eBay

Mark II: none but wanted to know which is better, the regular release or the Armor Unleashed version. Technically the AU version is not the one in the first movie that RDJ piloted; this one is the Rhodey version, but I think it would be ok to display since I wouldn't use the Rhodey head sculpt anyway. But this one has the stand that says "Iron Man 2 Mark II"; I was planning on using the black stands to show the Marks so this may be an issue. Which one in your opinion, would be the one to get?

Mark III: none but again, which one is better, the regular one (which comes w/ the black stand) or the BD one (which doesn't come w/ the black stand)?

Mark IV: bought

Mark V: pre-ordered

Mark VI: none

Anyone out there have any pics of their Hall of Armor? I'd love to see!

Any advice would be appreciated! Thanks!!!

A hall of armour kinda needs the grey armour stands rather than the black stands.

In terms of the MK2, i'd go with the new one, before it's taken apart and piloted by rhodey it's still the same armour only with more modern HT techniques, having that in one piece on display would look fantastic and only slightly more authentic than the original MK 2, you could search for the original ones' black stand on eBay

I believe the Bd MK III is more of a vibrant red and less maroon.

dscn1710m.jpg

dscn1727g.jpg

ironmanhall01.jpg

As far as which to get, I'd say you pretty much have all the right ones. For Mark II get the armor unleashed version, Mark III BD (or possibly wait for a newer version), and Mark VI displayed as BD. That way you get all the marks with BD III, clean IV, and BD VI, so each one should have something interesting and different. Also War Machine and Stealth can add some more color variants into the collection.

Also with the release of Gantry, I would bet Hot Toys will do a Hall of Armor Diorama eventually..

Last edited:
Thanks for the advice guys and wow! That Hall of Armor is impressive!!! Where did you get that many grey stands? I have to admit that those stands are much nicer than the black ones!!!

only way you can purchase them loose is probably ebay or maybe a forum member here. think they run about $50.

@Theokan: Amazing set up! I think I might just have to aim for something like that! Those stands look amazing and are a lot better than the black stands! You have certainly given me food for thought! Thanks buddy :)

Hi AW177, I am in the same boat, trying to get a full hall of armor

I have 3,4 and 6, got 2 and 5 on preorder. currently after a mark 1, and three more light up LED bases to put them all on one each...

Target is to have display complete by the end of the year...

I thought about doing this project a while back, and then I realized it'd cost me 2k in parts and figures at least, Then I realized how little I would get out of it and forgot about the hwole thing hahaha.

Joeyrainbow: love your sig, I'm gonna have to copy that!!! Yea I need to get myself some of those light up stands, but figured I'd try to get all the Marks first and worry about the stands later! Good luck and would love to see pics once you're done!!

I too thought about maybe just getting a few, like the Mark IV, War Machine and Iron Monger when it comes out. But then I always loved Iron Man from my childhood (you should see how many comics I got) and now want to do the Hall of Armor! Why didn't I do this earlier??? Lol!

My new sig! Thanks Joeyrainbow!

Mark I: bought
Mark II AU: pre-ordered
Mark III BD: need!
Mark IV: bought
Mark V: pre-ordered
Mark VI: need!

dscn1710m.jpg

dscn1727g.jpg

ironmanhall01.jpg

As far as which to get, I'd say you pretty much have all the right ones. For Mark II get the armor unleashed version, Mark III BD (or possibly wait for a newer version), and Mark VI displayed as BD. That way you get all the marks with BD III, clean IV, and BD VI, so each one should have something interesting and different. Also War Machine and Stealth can add some more color variants into the collection.

Also with the release of Gantry, I would bet Hot Toys will do a Hall of Armor Diorama eventually..

May I suggest a mirrored backing for that display? It would allow you to see the back, as well as making it brighter and easier to see even the front of he figures with the same amount of light.

nice sig AW177...

Jealous of your Mark 1! prices are mad at the moment. did you get one when they came out or track it down on ebay?

Back