1/6 Hot Toys Iron Man 3 Opened Armor (MK VII?)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why would they "let it die"? Becuase they sell? Becuase it's got reusable tooling which can lower the cost and raise margins? If it/they did not sell they would not continue to make them.

But they don't sell, look how many armors from IM3 end up getting discounted. What I mean from "letting it die" is that there's too much potential for movies on the horizon to still be using IM3 as a source for new figures

Pretty niche offering if they decide to sell this. Something like this would look good next to a Stark fig or in a workshop setting but that's about it, since it won't be articulated. I wonder though if this is a sign that HT will be releasing a DC Mk7 in the near future.

But they don't sell, look how many armors from IM3 end up getting discounted. What I mean from "letting it die" is that there's too much potential for movies on the horizon to still be using IM3 as a source for new figures

They do sell. When they don't you end up with the Lone Ranger. Or the other dozen figures that come from films that have one or two figures tops from the license.

Just becuase some get discounted doesn't mean much. By that logic they might as well close up shop and stop making anything. Most stuff ends up discounted.

If this was a diecast remake or a 1/4 scale version of Mark VII, I think we would have seen the insignia for either line on that teaser picture. War Machine 1.0 teaser had the bold DIE-CAST mark while the teaser for Boba Fett had the circular QS 1/4 mark.

This might be close to Mark 2 Unleashed, though this one looks like more of a diorama piece. I don't think there'd be articulation on those teased legs unless there'd be switch-out parts.

I think they STILL sell, Hot Toys just don't make them as few as before. It's possible that they don't sell out as soon as they used to (including those EXCLUSIVES that used to not last a week on PO) because HT produces more units now. I think this scenario does no harm to Hot Toys (would it in the future, maybe?), but it surely killed business for resellers who used to hoard and resell figures at inflated prices.

Just an observation, not in any way an expert on in the market hence all the "I think", "it's possible", etc :)

I think they STILL sell, Hot Toys just don't make them as few as before. It's possible that they don't sell out as soon as they used to (including those EXCLUSIVES that used to not last a week on PO) because HT produces more units now. I think this scenario does no harm to Hot Toys (would it in the future, maybe?), but it surely killed business for resellers who used to hoard and resell figures at inflated prices.

Just an observation, not in any way an expert on in the market hence all the "I think", "it's possible", etc :)

This to me saves the hobby for true collectors that don't care about the actual resell value, but the figure itself, I always compare this to what happened to the sneaker culture, resellers completely destroyed what once was a fun thing for us...if Nike and these other companies were to flood the market with these sought after kicks, resellers would be **** out of luck and everyone would have a chance at a piece of the pie...

Like it or not, HPP will continue to be made until they are all finished. The fact that MkIX is being made should be proof enough of that. I'd expect it is only time before we get VIII and X. Suits that are just an evolution of VII but without any of the meaning and fan nostelgia, and next to nil screen time if any.

Throw on top of that a market for die-cast and quarter scale (no confirmation that any more will be made, but the market is there) and Iron Man pre Civil War movie wont cease any time soon..

Sweet! Looking at how much it opens up, I'd be very surprised if this had any reasonable amount of articulation. It would be an engineering masterpiece if it did.

Worst Phase 2 movie, most Phase 2 figures by far.......

Let it die HT

Speak for yourself, I say bring em on

YfSpwLa.jpg

it's great to see the old marks getting the new mechanics and features.

I don't see any reason anyone outside of resellers would be against these revisits, as the original marks value will likely hit.

also my 2cents on the discounts on the recent ironmans are more likely due to overstocking by distributors, than actual fall in demand, especially by some "hoarders" who plans to resell which is now in abundance in some marketplace forums.

happy collecting guys!

I'm actually loving more diorama pieces that can go into the stark workshop scene. It's my favorite marvel scene/area and its the heart and soul of tony stark. Building on this is just building on one of my most favorite characters. I say bring it on aswell. I don't think tonys workshop can ever truly be completed though.....(my wallet frowns). Can't wait to see more photos.

I just want a diecast MK IV or MK VII. I have owned both plastic versions before and they are my favorite suits.

Might also be tempted by a MK VI to go with WM MK I

Back