Hot Toys Iron Man 3 MMS 1/6 "Bones" (Mark XLI) - MMS251

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks! I will try and score him locally to save a few $$.

Untitled-1010.jpg

noice, you should get that one though, its very cool
you have the Gun Grey one too :hi5:

I have the battle damaged one, but not the promo one. I missed it by a few hours. :(

Yup, have the Gun Grey one. Probably one of my favorites.

The higher price is due to the details, the figure is totally exposed.

It doesn't have a large piece of plastic covering the thighs, chest, etc, it has intricate detailing ALL OVER the figure.

I have to agree, I am not a fan at all and when I saw this I was floored on the detail.
I don't plan on getting anything Marvel/ Disney but this will pop in anyone's Ironman collection.
It does seem like hot toys knows the fans will bite the bullet though if u guys have most of the figures

It's a unique armor with all the detailing but the price makes it a pass. If the armors are going to be $300 purchases then I have to get more selective on the ones I buy and Bones isn't a must-have armor for me. If HT Iron Man figures were the only line I collected then I'd probably get it though. It'll be interesting to see the in-hand pics. For those that are getting it I hope the detail holds up and that the figure doesn't have issues with the limbs falling off. The split-apart feature is a neat gimmick but I worry about the connections holding when posed.

How do you figure that? None of them are straight repaints and each release has been better than and totally different than the next. This Bones figure is creativity at its best, take a closer look at the detailing.
The majority of recent Hot Toys releases have been Marvel oriented. I get that fact comic book figures are a money maker.... Blah blah however variety is an important part of keeping the interest of the consumer. A lot of people are getting sick of seeing one Marvel release right after the next. I am a big Marvel fan but even I am getting tired of the lack of variety in these recent releases. I mean did we really need all those Tony Stark releases and a lackluster Bruce Banner figure??! Let's see some of the other interesting licenses Hot Toys announced years ago. Perhaps at comic con but I'm sure they will just shove more iron man figures down our gullets

The majority of recent Hot Toys releases have been Marvel oriented. I get that fact comic book figures are a money maker.... Blah blah however variety is an important part of keeping the interest of the consumer. A lot of people are getting sick of seeing one Marvel release right after the next. I am a big Marvel fan but even I am getting tired of the lack of variety in these recent releases. I mean did we really need all those Tony Stark releases and a lackluster Bruce Banner figure??! Let's see some of the other interesting licenses Hot Toys announced years ago. Perhaps at comic con but I'm sure they will just shove more iron man figures down our gullets

The Asia markets are in love with IM. Marvel sells so HT will keep pumping out Marvel products.

I already accepted the fact that all 42 or whatever suits will probably get made, LOL.

The Asia markets are in love with IM. Marvel sells so HT will keep pumping out Marvel products.

I already accepted the fact that all 42 or whatever suits will probably get made, LOL.

Well i guess on the bright side they have been saving me money lol

Indeed... I'm hoping to see the next batch include Nightclub, Shotgun and maybe Casonova (to throw in a kitbash... probably end up with another Python like the Mark 9)

I was expecting another 3 or 4 Iron Man suits being shown at SDCC but now I'm leaning toward 5 or 6. As long as Shotgun is one if them I'll be happy. He's one I've been waiting for--definitely thought he would have been released by now.

The variety doesn't sell, that's the problem. Tonto, Sucker Punch, even Spider Man doesn't sell.

It would if he was done right :mad:

That's the straw man argument, "HT has to make X obscure license instead of Y obscure license".

Hot Toys dominates the sixth scale landscape, that's a pretty good indication that they know what they're doing.

It would if he was done right :mad:

:lol true! As a big Spiderman fan I cant say Ive enjoyed the last 3 films which sucks! However because of my love of the character Ive bought every HT Spidey,some in doubles. Just picked up the ASM figure and while I hated even looking at it before, its not bad when its posed up. I pray that HT fixes the ASM2 suit but not holding my breath. Either way I will be getting it. Dey got me by the balls!

That's the straw man argument, "HT has to make X obscure license instead of Y obscure license".

Hot Toys dominates the sixth scale landscape, that's a pretty good indication that they know what they're doing.

Im not arguing thay have to make anything, you said spiderman didnt sell, I was simply saying it didnt sell cause it was done poorly (compared to other products they put out) which may or may not even be the case. But I certainly would have bought one if it was done right

Im fine with them only doing Iron man stuff, less money I have to spend with them :lol

Back