Hot Toys - Iron Man 3 - Mark XXXIX / Starboost

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last edited:
And "Gemini" isn't?

Anyway, Gemini's an old reference. Maybe the kids today around the globe need the word "star" in it or they don't know its for space.

:goodpost:

Good point, both names work as an Aldrin homage.

What if HT made all suits, that would be fantastic!

At this point I think they'd only need to make Mark 10, Sneaky (15), Nightclub (16), Thumper (25), Hammerhead (37), Shotgun (40), and Bones (41), and they'd have the parts to assemble all the rest with different paint jobs. I'd love to get Shotgun and Bones.

At this point I think they'd only need to make Mark 10, Sneaky (15), Nightclub (16), Thumper (25), Hammerhead (37), Shotgun (40), and Bones (41), and they'd have the parts to assemble all the rest with different paint jobs. I'd love to get Shotgun and Bones.

atleast shotgun and bones would be great especially bones!!:yess:

Man, I'm starting to hate myself for liking these suits so much... I want to broaden my collection and try to limit buying Iron Man suits. I already have 5 of them.

But when I see these promo pics, they just look so amazing. The level of engineering and detail is so great, that even if this suit featured for 5 seconds, it is so tempting for me...

Gonna try to hold off, and thankfully the price helps deter me, but I may give in over the 10 months before this guy hits...

White's better. It connotes a spacesuit.

Yes, that is the typical space suit color scheme. Also, the white is more striking in appearance.

They should have kept the white for it's distinctiveness and saved the blue for the stealth armor or something.

Why don't we worry about whiplash mk2 going up for pre-order before these other guys come out. :lol

:exactly::goodpost: :impatient:

Man, I'm starting to hate myself for liking these suits so much... I want to broaden my collection and try to limit buying Iron Man suits. I already have 5 of them.

But when I see these promo pics, they just look so amazing. The level of engineering and detail is so great, that even if this suit featured for 5 seconds, it is so tempting for me...

Gonna try to hold off, and thankfully the price helps deter me, but I may give in over the 10 months before this guy hits...

Resistance is futile, you will be assimilated...

Yes, that is the typical space suit color scheme. Also, the white is more striking in appearance.

They should have kept the white for it's distinctiveness and saved the blue for the stealth armor or something.

Has it been confirmed that it is changed to sky blue? I thought the Hot Toys official pics were just overly photoshopped giving the figure a blue appearance.

The real life figure pics from this post look white: https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6428083&postcount=501

the prototype photo earlier its white, sky blue gonna look kinda strange, white better

white,black, gold thats one of color golden combination ahahha

Has it been confirmed that it is changed to sky blue? I thought the Hot Toys official pics were just overly photoshopped giving the figure a blue appearance.

The real life figure pics from this post look white: https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6428083&postcount=501

I am not aware of any official announcement stating it has changed to light blue, but to me, those SSC pics look light blue. I don't understand why they would photograph the figure in such a way or with lighting so it would appear light blue, either. The space footage of real astronauts in space always shows their white suits looking white.

In some pictures it looks white, and in others, the ones with less light and photoshop effects, it looks definitely blue.
I agree the pics you linked to look white, but then, that is the prototype. On the other hand, it comes out in Nov, so arguably it is still the prototype.

This....totally blows! I never expected them to get him out so soon. Well, nothing's too sooner when it comes to Iron Man and being another IM slut, I'm happy. I didn't order from Sideshow yet but this is a definite buy; I think I'll save a few bucks getting it from some place else.

902173-iron-man-mark-xxxix-starboost-010.jpg

Friggin' awesome!

And just for kicks..

Gemini_zpscf34fa19.gif

So I guess he's now Starboost and not Gemini?
This is my only complaint about the figure.

And ill add that this is an all new engineered original piece and its STILL cheaper than midas
Not gonna call it cheap but considering it's a new mold and not a rehash, it justifies the price to an extent.

I'm still gonna call it the Gemini, its too beautiful to pass up even at that price.
+1 :exactly:

:goodpost: A guy with mini wingdings on his head has little room to complain about suits
:mwaha

I didn't say it was bad, I ordered one
So soon? :rolleyes

Very surprised people dislike the textured part of this suit, I think it looks pretty amazing.
It looks good though it needs to be a tad subtle judging from the promo pics.

If it gets battle damaged, Tony Stark's insides get sucked out into space.
:lol another anxiety attack, another PTSD!

Silver Centurion, Starboost, Heartbreaker, Shotgun, Red Snapper, and Disco
H0qS5hF.png
You also have Sneaky (15) to the far left.

It's a thread. People can voice their opinions. But you're suggesting that if more people hate a figure than like it, these people are suddenly trolling or bashing? I personally like this armor, but it's not relevant enough to the MCU to warrant a purchase. That's just my own opinion and I'm pretty sure I'm not a troll. :lol
Opinions are one thing but hammering the thread constantly with it just to remind others who like it is...well, :pfft:

You've put down your opinion perfectly although you still are a troll :p

I really hope they do a Mark 41 Bones. I loved when it separated in the movie into pieces and hit several targets and then reassembled.

Back