Hot Toys - Iron Man 3 - Mark XXXIX / Starboost

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like that pic. I've never seen the large appeal of the shotgun armor, but even so I'd prolly pic it up. I like all the iron man armor. I am so looking forward to the starboost though. It's such a good looking design. It has enough of the "stark-tech" look but still unique. I'd like to have seen more of it in the movie. And wish they would have actually constructed it physically like they did with the major screen time ones.

The shotguns design is cool and unique whats not to like? What cuz its not RED!!!

The Red is pretty Iconic but I would prefer some variation in my Iron Man collection, a Black one and a White/Black one, the more colors the better, it would suck if they were all Red/Gold

The shotguns design is cool and unique whats not to like? What cuz its not RED!!!

Considering I said in the same sentence how much I like the totally non red starboost armor that seems like a dumb question. Has nothing to do with it being not red. I think it's a fine armor, hence my saying I'd probably spend my money on it. I just don't think it's better the starboost even though it gets a lot more love.

Considering I said in the same sentence how much I like the totally non red starboost armor that seems like a dumb question. Has nothing to do with it being not red. I think it's a fine armor, hence my saying I'd probably spend my money on it. I just don't think it's better the starboost even though it gets a lot more love.

Yep definetly worth my money, and so is starboost, if I had to choose between one I would choose :pow

I like that pic. I've never seen the large appeal of the shotgun armor, but even so I'd prolly pic it up. I like all the iron man armor. I am so looking forward to the starboost though. It's such a good looking design. It has enough of the "stark-tech" look but still unique. I'd like to have seen more of it in the movie. And wish they would have actually constructed it physically like they did with the major screen time ones.

For me the appeal is the stealth fighter looks, with the jet exhaust on the back, panel lines and shape and the visor over the eye slots. It can also go at high mach speeds according to the concept info, with the arms connecting to the body and legs connecting together to make it more streamlined

For me the appeal is the stealth fighter looks, with the jet exhaust on the back, panel lines and shape and the visor over the eye slots. It can also go at high mach speeds according to the concept info, with the arms connecting to the body and legs connecting together to make it more streamlined

Yeah this picture sold me on this figure!
902173-iron-man-mark-xxxix-starboost-014.jpg
This was another concept that didnt make it past design, it featured a more of a jet fighter look, most likely for hypersonic speeds, a feature which now belongs to 'Shotgun'
im3armors.jpg
I don't mind the design but it looks too 'sharky'

Well looking at concepts for the armour I dont think any extra parts would be needed, they arms and legs just plug together as the design of the arms and legs already accounts for the fact their meant to join together in super sonic/flight mode:

View attachment 108689
View attachment 108690
View attachment 108691
I'm just a massive fan of the whole design & idea for this armour.

oh yeah I can see the grooves on the wrists matching up just below the hips, I'd definetly like to take the armor for a spin, Hypersonic flight is really fascinating to me

Back