Hot Toys - Iron Man 3: Mark 30 - Blue Steel (?)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What part of your post do you feel I did not read thru? To start with, I asked if it had been announced. That's it. Then addressed a few posts directed toward me or observations. I even said thank you for the photos. Admired I had forgotten the armor.

Then you said I was wrong. Said the Hot toys display only contained already released product. Showed a photo. The photo was from before three figures in it where announced at least, and another three that have yet to be. It was only one display/photo from con season where there where dozens of configurations of the HPP set. All I was saying when I brought up the HPP display was that it's not an announcement of a figure, and even if a figure is in it and does come out does not mean that's how it will look. For example here's another photo and look at striker. Not exactly how he is now announced and for sale.

As for the 1/9 subject. I only said something about it because you brought up my question in the first place. Wording may be different but you made it sound, and still are, like it would take a non collector or idiot to mistake one for the other. Go back just two or three pages and you will see that's not the case. I didn't make that mistake but I can see how it could happen. Looking at a two inch tall photo taken on a cell phone and copied five times? Yea, not a hard mistake to imagine. And give that it has been done by four or five members of this community on this forum in the iron man thread and marvel thread, I don't think it's as unlikely as you are making it out to be. Especially given that it did happen.

View attachment 161918

Mate, the issues is coming from you claim that "they have showed all 42 armors before", which they haven't. This photo has 19 armors in it, two of which aren't part of the legion (WM2/IP) and six of them don't belong in the wine cellar at all (Marks 1-6). Other photos that have showed the wine cellar have had armors that are customs or very limited editions of fantasy armors, like the holographic one, essentially as placeholders as they don't have enough releases to fill the display out yet. Hot Toys has yet to show the likes of Nightclub, Sneaky, Hammerhead, or Shotgun, much less the variants like Casanova, Tank, Fiddler, Gamma, Tiger, Romeo, Piston, Southpaw, Marks 9-14, etc etc. Yet Blue Steel has been featured in these as well as by itself, there is no question it will be sold as an exclusive.

Also, Striker is on display like that in this photo because that is how it is seen for one billisecond in the film when the wine cellar is featured. These pictures were well in advance of it being revealed as a full figure and it stands to reason that they didn't have a full proto done yet anyway, but they could still fill a slot with it and remain faithful to the concept so they did.

xuU6RRV.jpg

Mate, the issues is coming from you claim that "they have showed all 42 armors before", which they haven't. This photo has 19 armors in it, two of which aren't part of the legion (WM2/IP) and six of them don't belong in the wine cellar at all (Marks 1-6). Other photos that have showed the wine cellar have had armors that are customs or very limited editions of fantasy armors, like the holographic one, essentially as placeholders as they don't have enough releases to fill the display out yet. Hot Toys has yet to show the likes of Nightclub, Sneaky, Hammerhead, or Shotgun, much less the variants like Casanova, Tank, Fiddler, Gamma, Tiger, Romeo, Piston, Southpaw, Marks 9-14, etc etc. Yet Blue Steel has been featured in these as well as by itself, there is no question it will be sold as an exclusive.

Also, Striker is on display like that in this photo because that is how it is seen for one billisecond in the film when the wine cellar is featured. These pictures were well in advance of it being revealed as a full figure and it stands to reason that they didn't have a full proto done yet anyway, but they could still fill a slot with it and remain faithful to the concept so they did.

xuU6RRV.jpg

Argh thank you rocbolt. At least you understand.

Either way, I really like this figure and can't wait for it if released. I'm not to concerned on repaints etc as its the logical way to get all the HPP figs [emoji1]

xuU6RRV.jpg

I got what he was saying. But he was as wrong as I was (I should have worded my post a bit better, I get it. Shouldn't have said all 42. My point was, at that time, as I stated, the hpp and HoA displays are not announcements of upcoming releases) to say all they show is figures already released. Is that not the case? Those where the only photos I had on my iPhone and iPad. They did ten other conventions and a different configuration of the HPP at each one. If you add it all up, there where more then ten armors displayed that have not been released yet, and a few more that had not been at that time. Meaning as I said, other then the "all 42l comment, the armors used in the hpp are not an announcement. Here's another display, different then the two photos I've posted already. More armors not released.

As for striker...again...I know why they did it that way. As I knew what the other armors where. But my point was that those where not releasd or not released as displayed (striker) in opposition to the statement that the armors used are already released.

If it's okay for him to point out something I said in error, and comment on the other point I was making about 1/9..then why is it I am not allowed to do that as well. Will you now be coming to my defense and explain to him how what was saying was also correct. I admitted twice I misspoke. Before he even said anything.

image.jpg

I really want a Blue Steel, and well honestly ALL 28 Iron Legion suits...but I have seen "Disco" in more than one Hot Toys photo of suits, I would hope a fantastic one like Tank, Nightclub, Hammerhead or Shotgun is coming up sooner than Disco is...but I will take em if he does...

Just so we all know which one is spooking me....

View attachment 162187

I got what he was saying. But he was as wrong as I was (I should have worded my post a bit better, I get it. Shouldn't have said all 42. My point was, at that time, as I stated, the hpp and HoA displays are not announcements of upcoming releases) to say all they show is figures already released. Is that not the case? Those where the only photos I had on my iPhone and iPad. They did ten other conventions and a different configuration of the HPP at each one. If you add it all up, there where more then ten armors displayed that have not been released yet, and a few more that had not been at that time. Meaning as I said, other then the "all 42l comment, the armors used in the hpp are not an announcement. Here's another display, different then the two photos I've posted already. More armors not released.

As for striker...again...I know why they did it that way. As I knew what the other armors where. But my point was that those where not releasd or not released as displayed (striker) in opposition to the statement that the armors used are already released.

If it's okay for him to point out something I said in error, and comment on the other point I was making about 1/9..then why is it I am not allowed to do that as well. Will you now be coming to my defense and explain to him how what was saying was also correct. I admitted twice I misspoke. Before he even said anything.

View attachment 162182

Your right, I was wrong. You win as I really can't be arsed arguing stupid stuff in regards to my hobby. It doesn't mean that much to me to prove myself as right or wrong.

As in regards to this figure I'm super excited to get one as I love the color schemes.

My HPP armor winner:

j1.jpg
j2.jpg
HT-ironman-mk39-Jingobell-001-600x899.jpg

Those are some great pics YP. I think it is even money we see the blue steel as a con exclusive now. It is the last armor shown with all of the current releases in that armors of iron man photo HT made. The molds are already there just need to use blue instead of red plastics. I don't mind though love the distinctive colors we are starting to get on the shelves like Peacemaker, Starboost and this.

I agree. I thought it was gonna be heartbreaker but there's something about SC that makes it more aesthetically pleasing :lol

Ive saw Heartbreaker in person the other day and while I like it even more than I did before hand I agree, Heartbreaker is really distinctive but Centurion has that classic Iron Man aesthetic while looking really different on the shelf along side Python and the 43. Think of my current 3 Centurion is still my favourite but all 3 of mine are different enough to gain some real appreciation in their own way (Python's colour scheme, Centurions colours / design / role in its movie and 43 being my first Die Cast).

Those are some great pics YP. I think it is even money we see the blue steel as a con exclusive now. It is the last armor shown with all of the current releases in that armors of iron man photo HT made. The molds are already there just need to use blue instead of red plastics. I don't mind though love the distinctive colors we are starting to get on the shelves like Peacemaker, Starboost and this.

A splash of blue would be good for the shelf, even though this would be a duplicate suite which I am trying to avoid (modification to most peoples one rep of a character rule, I have that for everything other than Iron Man so I have to try and draw the line somewhere), its a sure thing in my mind this will be the next con exclusive.

I'm with Chris, I like the suit but don't plan to buy it because it is the identical to SC. I only have room for 15 armors in my Wine Cellar so for now, unless it's a different armor I will pass

I've been holding off painting my own mk30 in hopes that they put out an official one. And I'm hoping that if they don't do every HPP armor, they at least do enough that I could custom-build/paint the remaining variations.

Just need Sneaker, Night Club, Hammerhead and Shotgun still and we'll have all the unique parts to make every armor.

I reaaaaaalllllly want Nightclub and Shotgun to be released. Hammerhead would be really cool too.

I've been holding off painting my own mk30 in hopes that they put out an official one. And I'm hoping that if they don't do every HPP armor, they at least do enough that I could custom-build/paint the remaining variations.

Just need Sneaker, Night Club, Hammerhead and Shotgun still and we'll have all the unique parts to make every armor.

Sorry to bump an old thread but we know hot toys has this guy ready. I wish they would give him to us. Just make a winter exclusive or something [emoji1]
Seriously though the blue would look amazing in my collection.

Back