Hot Toys - Iron Man 3: Mark 30 - Blue Steel (?)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He has already be shown by Hot Toys, so he will go up for order and then be available almost immediately like Hot Rod...

For those that have seen pictures of Blue Steel at cons, are you sure you're not mixing him up with King Arts 1/9 Blue Steel?

Never mind....found the pic:
BlueHT.jpg

Yes, I remember seeing the suit several times in a hall of armour with all of the others released so far. :) Every time I saw it I was thinking, when are we getting it?!? lol

The hall of armor display had every im3 armor. All 42. I don't think that was an announcement or proof of anything.

I don't recall seeing it displayed on its own or anywhere other then the HoA. I have seen the 1/9 version called the hot toys version a bunch of times though. Including this thread.

The hall of armor display had every im3 armor. All 42. I don't think that was an announcement or proof of anything.

I don't recall seeing it displayed on its own or anywhere other then the HoA. I have seen the 1/9 version called the hot toys version a bunch of times though. Including this thread.

Hot Toys 1/6 Blue Steel with its own name tag and everything, from this very thread
742b6146a84ebc029b85545926f9c896.jpg

Sorry mate your wrong. The hall of armour display didn't have every armour from IM3. They normally had what hot toys had produced.
The 1/9 versions are pretty pathetic and you can easily tell the difference as the craftsmanship is usually under par to hot toys.

Sorry mate your wrong. The hall of armour display didn't have every armour from IM3. They normally had what hot toys had produced.
The 1/9 versions are pretty pathetic and you can easily tell the difference as the craftsmanship is usually under par to hot toys.

So, they only had the released figures shown at SDCC and toy soul huh? This is the only photo I kept, but there where multiple setups. And maybe I missed a couple of these...but I think there may be one or two that show that you are maybe mistaken.

image.jpg
As for being able to tell the 1/9 from 1/6...go back like two pages. There's two people that call the 1/9 a hot toys release. The first mk30 thread started during con season said "hot toys mms Mark 30 blue steel" and it was the 1/9 KA version. I missed the 1/6 hot toys version or forgot it. Which is why I asked, to make sure it wasn't just the 1/9 again. It happens often.

Hot Toys 1/6 Blue Steel with its own name tag and everything, from this very thread
742b6146a84ebc029b85545926f9c896.jpg

That's a gorgeous paintjob, but considering I've already got the Mk 33 and this is almost certainly not going to come with an RDJ likeness or optional parts I think this'll be a pass.

Unless, that is, HT are smart enough to throw in some kind of awesome exclusive accessory...

So, they only had the released figures shown at SDCC and toy soul huh? This is the only photo I kept, but there where multiple setups. And maybe I missed a couple of these...but I think there may be one or two that show that you are maybe mistaken.

View attachment 161872
As for being able to tell the 1/9 from 1/6...go back like two pages. There's two people that call the 1/9 a hot toys release. The first mk30 thread started during con season said "hot toys mms Mark 30 blue steel" and it was the 1/9 KA version. I missed the 1/6 hot toys version or forgot it. Which is why I asked, to make sure it wasn't just the 1/9 again. It happens often.

Oh god please HT make that holographic blue/green Mk IV available in some capacity. I'm an absolute sucker for transparent figures :pray:

I did forget this armor. Dang it I'm getting old. It was in that "armors of iron man" photo hot toys did too wasn't it? Man. My bad. Id seen it a few places I guess. I just couldn't recall it being displayed alone.

Budget Stark said in one of his videos that the blue/green holographic figure was a very limited edition & only available for an event I believe (can't remember exactly what). :(

Budget Stark said in one of his videos that the blue/green holographic figure was a very limited edition & only available for an event I believe (can't remember exactly what). :(

I'd like more info on that, if anyone has it. I swear this isn't hyperbole, I would literally sell a kidney to own one of those.

View attachment 161872

I'm pretty sure that pic is very old or hot toys use some of those armors as fillers. They aren't from IM3 as hot toys runs competitions for artists to paint and design there own iron man. You picture doesn't even have blue steel in it??? Oh and if you read my post I don't say only sDCC and toy soul. I said not every IM3 armor has been displayed.

a22fca52e70314d86f3cc7527b687304.jpg

Mate these are from different shows.

Also i think the people who mistaken the 1/9 size figures don't collect all the iron man figures. If they did they would know. I could be wrong but I know I don't have issues.

So to answer you I don't think I'm mistaken. Please take the time to read a post completely before arguing against it. Sometimes you can be mistaken. I wasn't having a go at you personally, just said your post was mistaken as your facts may have been incorrect. I was trying to show you that there are more pictures and info.

I'm pretty sure that pic is very old or hot toys use some of those armors as fillers. They aren't from IM3 as hot toys runs competitions for artists to paint and design there own iron man. You picture doesn't even have blue steel in it??? Oh and if you read my post I don't say only sDCC and toy soul. I said not every IM3 armor has been displayed.

a22fca52e70314d86f3cc7527b687304.jpg

Mate these are from different shows.

Also i think the people who mistaken the 1/9 size figures don't collect all the iron man figures. If they did they would know. I could be wrong but I know I don't have issues.

So to answer you I don't think I'm mistaken. Please take the time to read a post completely before arguing against it. Sometimes you can be mistaken. I wasn't having a go at you personally, just said your post was mistaken as your facts may have been incorrect. I was trying to show you that there are more pictures and info.

What part of your post do you feel I did not read thru? To start with, I asked if it had been announced. That's it. Then addressed a few posts directed toward me or observations. I even said thank you for the photos. Admired I had forgotten the armor.

Then you said I was wrong. Said the Hot toys display only contained already released product. Showed a photo. The photo was from before three figures in it where announced at least, and another three that have yet to be. It was only one display/photo from con season where there where dozens of configurations of the HPP set. All I was saying when I brought up the HPP display was that it's not an announcement of a figure, and even if a figure is in it and does come out does not mean that's how it will look. For example here's another photo and look at striker. Not exactly how he is now announced and for sale.

As for the 1/9 subject. I only said something about it because you brought up my question in the first place. Wording may be different but you made it sound, and still are, like it would take a non collector or idiot to mistake one for the other. Go back just two or three pages and you will see that's not the case. I didn't make that mistake but I can see how it could happen. Looking at a two inch tall photo taken on a cell phone and copied five times? Yea, not a hard mistake to imagine. And give that it has been done by four or five members of this community on this forum in the iron man thread and marvel thread, I don't think it's as unlikely as you are making it out to be. Especially given that it did happen.

image.jpg

Back