1/6 Hot Toys - Iron Man 3 : Disco Mark XXVII (Toy Fair)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm actually super impressed with this guy. They have made him look very nice. I've seen some art books etc where he looks a little silly but I'm pleasantly surprised at how nice he looks in pics which means in hand he will be stunning.

I agree that the colors, though odd at first, absolutely work well on this figure and from the pictures look well done. It seems that the armor designers at Marvel actually knew the right ways to mix up the blue and orange in a way that didn't look too "messy". One example I can think of is the top air brakes/flaps. Every armor that's used these in the past has had them 2-toned where the small flap separates from the larger one but with Disco it's all orange which helps, In my opinion, the armor colors look less "busy" or "confused".

What I disagree with is your assessment of previous HPP paints. If you're simply talking about the "sheen" then look at Gamma, a simply beautifully painted armor that's not only got the sheen you're talking about but a repaint that is superior to the original (Striker). If you're just speaking to the Mk. VII parts on Midas, the Mk. IX is a good example of a HPP armor with "sheen". It wasn't a popular figure, likely because of having to buy Potts, but it has this weird red that almost seems like there is metallic orange mixed into it. Maybe I'm just not understanding what you mean by "other versions I've seen of this armor really turned me off with their sculpts and color" because aside from the not-yet-produced Mk. XII, Disco is a complete kitbash of parts. The figure uses parts from the Mk. VII, Hotrod and Shotgun. Obviously Mk. VII parts can be found on numerous HPP armors and Hotrod is basically WM2/WM2.5 & IP. Shotgun parts will be used on future HPP releases.

By other versions, I was not pointing to Hot Toys as a manufacturer, per say, or making a remark about insufficiencies on other HPP armors, but to other versions I have seen of this character/armor (Disco) by other manufacturers, miniature versions, as well as some unflattering CGI renders. I was vague so as to not go into detail.

Shotgun seems to have more of the "metallic" look that this has and I hope the Disco figure actually looks like these photographs. The specific coloration/paint they chose for this has toned down the basic orange/blue color combination to give it more of an "earthy" tone. The blues/oranges I have seen before on this were simply too bright or were not used in a way that works, giving this suit an ugly appearance.

Other armors in the HPP lineup do have a gloss, yes, but I was referring specifically to the more metallic-looking armors. Not all of them have that look and the combination of gloss/metallic seems to have deepened the colors here, which is a good thing.

I was impressed with the paintwork too. I don't think it will sell out. Some of the 2015 TF exclusives are still in stock, while it still might, I think it's unlikely

Thanks! I jumped on it anyway. Hope it doesn't come back to bite me. One thing I don't like about these exclusives are that I feel they are a distraction from figures I want more than the exclusives. It's almost like Hot Toys is trying to keep people from buying their regular releases by throwing this bait out :) In reality, I know they just want ALL the money.

It would be great if when the House Party Protocol is complete Hot Toys issued a fantastic,outlandish display case that required the flaps from the boxes of all 42 armours plus postage.

Was he actually in the movies? It says house party protocol...i don't recall seeing him.

Was he actually in the movies? It says house party protocol...i don't recall seeing him.

All of them (Mk1-46) where in the movies. The only ones not where the variants, and they don't get new designations, like the stealth mk3 and 7). How much screen time varies greatly.

Yup, he was one of the first 7 to show up all the way over to the right:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 216
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 225
Yup, he was one of the first 7 to show up all the way over to the right:

Yeah, it's easy to miss him, but he's still very cool looking.

Plus, at this point I couldn't care less about screen time, I just want them to make the rest of the armors lol.

Yeah, it's easy to miss him, but he's still very cool looking.

Plus, at this point I couldn't care less about screen time, I just want them to make the rest of the armors lol.

It will happen. At this point I believe the interview where HT said they planned to make the entire HPP line. By the way, don't ask me where to find that interview, it was years ago and I never saved the link. Ask Motuxmen, he might know.

I read that interview.It would have been in 2013 to coincide with Iron Man 3.He basically said as a company its desirable to make all these armours but it's going to take around five years.Given how it's going so far he is true to his word.I suspect we will see Hammerhead and Nightclub at SDCC and the other show they do.It will be nice to finally see them finish the line so they can continue with other things.

I read that interview.It would have been in 2013 to coincide with Iron Man 3.He basically said as a company its desirable to make all these armours but it's going to take around five years.Given how it's going so far he is true to his word.I suspect we will see Hammerhead and Nightclub at SDCC and the other show they do.It will be nice to finally see them finish the line so they can continue with other things.

Thank you, that was exactly the interview I was referring to. But as far as what's going to be shown at SDCC I really doubt Hammerhead, maybe Nightclub but certainly Jack, I guess that's a given. Also, they will hopefully show off Mk. VII open armor version and the vanished Blue Steel; I don't know what it is but for some reason, I really want Blue Steel.

HKFC: Are you planning to produce all Mark 42 armors from Ironman?
Howard: We all know that most of the armors are consisted of other armors part, won't diminish that we might produce all them; those more distinctive individual armors will be produced but mostly in exclusive manner.

I know we just found out about disco but I'm hoping for at least another 3 HPP this year. I think 2 more definitely [emoji5]

so this is releasing before ultron mark 1?

Depends on where you are..if you go to a show and get it, maybe. But mk1 will be out very very soon in Hong Kong, and this won't fully release for months.

Depends on where you are..if you go to a show and get it, maybe. But mk1 will be out very very soon in Hong Kong, and this won't fully release for months.

I only ask because of the list budget posted.. But I'm not sure how exactly those work.

I only ask because of the list budget posted.. But I'm not sure how exactly those work.

Do you mean where it has a list of multiple figures in each quarter as expected release? If so that's just an estimate, and the lists in each section are not a release order prediction. And it's far from official anyway. It's a best guess type of thing. A couple weeks is about the earliest anyone knows when a figure will roughly release. Not even hot toys could give a true list of release order like that. To many variables.

Back