1/6 Hot Toys - Iron Man 3 : Disco Mark XXVII (Toy Fair)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No exclusives for me this year. Not a fan of this Iron Man and the Stormtrooper is boring. I will never get the backlash about making Iron Man figures though. They obviously make the company money, which is what this is all about. They are not making them for fun.

The same could be said about Hollywood movies... they are not making them for fun.

I'll repost and update my list of those that are left and the parts made up of each, bold being ones they can make with the parts of figures we have either out or in the pipeline- Basically now they need Hammerhead is needed for itself, Tiger and Mk10- Nightclub for itself and Romeo fwiw

17 left that have not been announced (16 if we assume Jack is coming):

MKVIII
(Mk7, Centurion, Striker parts)

MKX
(Mk7, Hammerhead, Heartbreaker, Snapper parts)

MKXI
(Centurion, Mk7, Heartbreaker parts) [aka Jack]

MKXII
(WM2, Centurion, Mk7, Shotgun, Heartbreaker parts) [aka Disco]

MKXIII
(Mk7, Centurion, Shotgun, WM2 parts)

MKXIV
(Striker, Centurion, Mk7, Heartbreaker, Shotgun parts)

MK16 Nightclub
(one off design)

MK18 Casanova
(Mk7, Centurion, Heartbreaker, WM2 parts)

MK19 Tiger
(Mk7, Hammerhead, Mk7, Striker parts)

MK27 Disco
(WM2, Centurion, Mk7, Shotgun parts)

MK28 Jack
(Heartbreaker, Mk7, Centurion parts)

MK29 Fiddler
(Mk7, Centurion, Heartbreaker, Starboost, Striker parts)

MK30 Blue Steel
(Centurion parts)

MK31 Piston
(Centurion , Mk7, Striker parts)

MK32 Romeo
(Nightclub, Centurion, Heartbreaker, Mk7 parts)

MK34 Southpaw
(Mk7, Centurion, Snapper, Shotgun, Heartbreaker, Striker parts)

MK37 Hammerhead
(one off design)

MK23 Shades
(Shotgun parts)

Also in this post, an older version of this list
https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=138740&p=7840018&viewfull=1#post7840018

I speculated what armors we would definitely see released based on screentime, so far Shotgun and Sneaky have come to pass, plus repaints Tank, Gamma, and Mk9

When you look at the rest we already have gotten-

Midas
XvAfGOf.png

Snapper
FHF4dWD.png

Igor
ks6EohK.png

Centurion
n1opy0b.png

Starboost
3PsmuR9.png

Heartbreaker
ysjBAfA.png

Hot Rod
Jjgc48L.png

Peacemaker
P7rggxy.png

Bones
nt0xaD1.png

Striker
Qn5eW62.png

"Mark IX" (its really Mark VIII but whatever, been argued into oblivion)
EpEy11L.png

Shotgun
Os698UO.png

Sneaky
bFNipSd.png

And now - Disco (far right)
H0qS5hF.png

1AtRUHO.png

They all appeared in the final fight of IM3 for at least a split second (Midas, Peacemaker, Hot Rod, Disco) and the rest more prominently, the only one that didn't is Python, which is a parted together exclusive. The remaining original armors also appeared on screen briefly (Hammerhead) and front and center in the fight (Nightclub). Releasing them would follow the pattern.

I don't know if they'll or the market have the stamina to release all 35 HPP armors, but I think we'll definitely see the remaining big boys Hammerhead and Nightclub and more exclusives easily (Blue Steel and Shades are straight repaints, the rest are varying degrees of kitbashes). Jack would also make sense, as it is two figures in one (Mark 11 and Jack are repaints of each other, although it would be a break in the pattern as neither appeared on film). Disco and Mark 12 are also repaints of one another, so another twofer.

The rest that had screentime:

Nightclub
uvvwrOs.png

Hammerhead
sxWZEch.png

Blue Steel
RJNi0Zp.png

Shades (on the right)
wL1g7u9.png

Tiger
AY7C0MV.png

Piston
vy0pZ5X.png

Whoa...Thanks for the informative post! :duff

I really hope HT makes the rest of the line. The whole collection of 35 IM3 suits would look beyond epic displayed together.

Whoa...Thanks for the informative post! :duff

I really hope HT makes the rest of the line. The whole collection of 35 IM3 suits would look beyond epic displayed together.

Apparently they publicly stated that they plan to finish the entire HPP line but who knows if they'll actually do it.

First thing is I wanted to thank ROCBOLT for posting that list again! By the way, I'm not sure if you didn't notice but Jack actually has Peacemaker arms.

Also, if anyone noticed that this figure is wearing plastic, not rubber, Mk. VII "shorts", or groin area, well I think that's worth noting. Firstly because the material is better and should not have fading issues and also the flaps for increased articulation. One might also say that it's another step towards making of a diecast Mk. VII.

I thought I was safe. My rule for HPP armors was that I was going to only get ones on the front line of the final battle or Tony actually wore ...I've stuck with that so far with Marks 17,33,35 and 39 in my collection but dammit I just happened to notice that Mark 27 is in that group too on the far right.

View attachment 275358

LexiKon, you're getting the Mk. 15 too then right. I mean not only is Sneaky, sneakily in the lineup on the far left but it does save Tony near the ending right?

:lectureLol, now that I've finished replying I just wanted to say that "technically" this doesn't use the WM Mk. II/ IP helmet, it uses Hotrod's. Yeah, I'm being a little picky but in MCU continuity, Hotrod was built first. :lecture

Nice post. did not see peacemaker and tank until now.
On hotrod and WM MK II. I wonder what the basic suit of WM MK III.

rocbolt -
We both know that the argument has gone on ad nauseum regarding whether the one photo shows us Midas or Python. (photo #1)
However, your photo showing Tiger (photo #20, coincidentally) clearly shows that it was Midas and not Python. So nice job on that one.
Ryan

LexiKon, you're getting the Mk. 15 too then right. I mean not only is Sneaky, sneakily in the lineup on the far left but it does save Tony near the ending right?

Yeah... I'm pretty resigned to eventually pick up Sneaky. I'm not the biggest fan of it but it would be a nice contrast from the rest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alright, so I'm getting this. The other versions I've seen of this armor really turned me off with their sculpts and color. I feel like this is one of the oddest color combinations in all of the HPP armors, but somehow, it works really well here and ironically, this is the primary reason I am getting it. The metallic sheen seems different from what we've gotten with other variants of this figure as well and the gloss seems to have more in common with the Shotgun armor than the other armors it is based off of.

Yeah, I like it. :)

rocbolt -
We both know that the argument has gone on ad nauseum regarding whether the one photo shows us Midas or Python. (photo #1)
However, your photo showing Tiger (photo #20, coincidentally) clearly shows that it was Midas and not Python. So nice job on that one.
Ryan

it's absolutely midas. i'm surprised that people thought the first photo is python. i remember once i got python trying to find him in the movie and couldn't. that always came off as midas to me.

anyways.. i absolutely love the combination of parts for disco. it really is a fantastic assembly. i just wish the mark VII neck had more neck movement like the hot rod or heartbreaker armor has. but it's not a big deal. i love the hot rod/war machine/patriot head. it and the heartbreaker helmets are two of my favorites (of the ones released).. i think the striker head looks great as well, but for some reason on the figure (+the neck) isn't as great as i expected.

it's absolutely midas. i'm surprised that people thought the first photo is python. i remember once i got python trying to find him in the movie and couldn't. that always came off as midas to me.

anyways.. i absolutely love the combination of parts for disco. it really is a fantastic assembly. i just wish the mark VII neck had more neck movement like the hot rod or heartbreaker armor has. but it's not a big deal. i love the hot rod/war machine/patriot head. it and the heartbreaker helmets are two of my favorites (of the ones released).. i think the striker head looks great as well, but for some reason on the figure (+the neck) isn't as great as i expected.

I'd actually like to think that HT will use an updated neck piece since they obviously reworked the Mk. VII groin section and the fact that they show this in a landing pose. Actually, now that I think about it, the Mk. VII neck piece has ALREADY been updated. Both the Mk. IX and the gold chrome Midas use the new part and both (even though they have different helmets) move considerably further up and down than the original Mk. VII/Midas.

I'd actually like to think that HT will use an updated neck piece since they obviously reworked the Mk. VII groin section and the fact that they show this in a landing pose. Actually, now that I think about it, the Mk. VII neck piece has ALREADY been updated. Both the Mk. IX and the gold chrome Midas use the new part and both (even though they have different helmets) move considerably further up and down than the original Mk. VII/Midas.

i'll have to grab my mark VII and compare it to IX.. but i always thought the VII was able to look up really well.

Alright, so I'm getting this. The other versions I've seen of this armor really turned me off with their sculpts and color. I feel like this is one of the oddest color combinations in all of the HPP armors, but somehow, it works really well here and ironically, this is the primary reason I am getting it. The metallic sheen seems different from what we've gotten with other variants of this figure as well and the gloss seems to have more in common with the Shotgun armor than the other armors it is based off of.

Yeah, I like it. :)

I agree that the colors, though odd at first, absolutely work well on this figure and from the pictures look well done. It seems that the armor designers at Marvel actually knew the right ways to mix up the blue and orange in a way that didn't look too "messy". One example I can think of is the top air brakes/flaps. Every armor that's used these in the past has had them 2-toned where the small flap separates from the larger one but with Disco it's all orange which helps, In my opinion, the armor colors look less "busy" or "confused".

What I disagree with is your assessment of previous HPP paints. If you're simply talking about the "sheen" then look at Gamma, a simply beautifully painted armor that's not only got the sheen you're talking about but a repaint that is superior to the original (Striker). If you're just speaking to the Mk. VII parts on Midas, the Mk. IX is a good example of a HPP armor with "sheen". It wasn't a popular figure, likely because of having to buy Potts, but it has this weird red that almost seems like there is metallic orange mixed into it. Maybe I'm just not understanding what you mean by "other versions I've seen of this armor really turned me off with their sculpts and color" because aside from the not-yet-produced Mk. XII, Disco is a complete kitbash of parts. The figure uses parts from the Mk. VII, Hotrod and Shotgun. Obviously Mk. VII parts can be found on numerous HPP armors and Hotrod is basically WM2/WM2.5 & IP. Shotgun parts will be used on future HPP releases.

Back