Action Figure Hot Toys Iron Man 3 1/6th scale Pepper Potts & Mark IX Collectible Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The price is exactly what I thought it'd be, and it's kind of weird that so many are backing out because she's $225. I mean, Maria Hill costs the same, and she comes with less. You COULD use the Toy Fair Exclusive argument, saying it adds $10 or so to the figure, but really, she's just another release...there seems to be plenty of her available! Black Widow, Scarlet Witch, etc...$225 is basically the new landing zone for figures. Trust me, I'd love it if the females continued to be $199.99! I think even a $20 jump would've been fine for most, but I mean, this shouldn't be so surprising where you're out if you were in.

Personally I would PO right now for $225 if even just one of the two helmets were included (preferably the 42). I am not interested in the IX (though it does look pretty great, I am not collecting the HPP suits). I know the PP sculpt will improve (or the hair at least) so am not worried on that front.
I completely understand HT's marketing plans here, and good luck to them, but I am not paying for a whole IM just to get the helmets. So no whining here!
They still get my money anyway as I am waiting for the new Fury to go up, and then I will be making my own 2 pack of Hill/Fury...

At this point I wouldn't be surprised lol
Heck at this point, I expect HT to release Nightclub exclusively in a two pack with a Killian figure, putting them together on the basis that Nightclub was the first armor Stark used to battle Killian. And then of course, Killian would also be available by himself, but Nightclub wouldn't.

God I hope that doesn't happen.

Personally I would PO right now for $225 if even just one of the two helmets were included (preferably the 42). I am not interested in the IX (though it does look pretty great, I am not collecting the HPP suits). I know the PP sculpt will improve (or the hair at least) so am not worried on that front.
I completely understand HT's marketing plans here, and good luck to them, but I am not paying for a whole IM just to get the helmets. So no whining here!
They still get my money anyway as I am waiting for the new Fury to go up, and then I will be making my own 2 pack of Hill/Fury...

I agree that from all the images shown of her posed places that the helmet she's holding should've been included with her solo character. Though I think the broken helmet from Iron Man 3 that Tony leaves a message for her in would've made more sense (and if that IS the helmet, which it could be...I don't do MKs well after all that showed up in part 3 :lol) then I wish it was broken.

Not that it matters since it doesn't come with her solo figure anyway!

Iron-Man-3-Broken-Mask.jpg

I agree that from all the images shown of her posed places that the helmet she's holding should've been included with her solo character. Though I think the broken helmet from Iron Man 3 that Tony leaves a message for her in would've made more sense (and if that IS the helmet, which it could be...I don't do MKs well after all that showed up in part 3 :lol) then I wish it was broken.

Not that it matters since it doesn't come with her solo figure anyway!

Iron-Man-3-Broken-Mask.jpg
What's odd is that they didn't include that helmet. They sold it in their IM3 Accessory Pack and I thought they would throw it in this set.

The Mark VII light up helmet doesn't make any sense. It was the broken up Mark VII helmet that she wore to listen to Tony's message.

What should have been included with this set is this:

10489895_1454814454785846_6496123657267288886_n.jpg

I don't think the Mark VII ever lit up like that in that clean condition. Only helmet to do that was the Mark VI in the Avengers. Give me that Diecast Mark IV and VI Hot Toys.

19799148709_f6b5c0942d_b.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Hot Toys Iron Man 3 1/6th scale Pepper Potts & Mark IX Collectible Figures

Although in the movie the head looked more like the Mk VII. I have extra heads from the workshop accessories so I can
use that one for screen accuracy.
Ryan

That is because in the movie it was the Mark 8 (Mk7 style helmet), not the Mark 9 (Centurion style helmet). This is an entirely accurate Mark 9, its just not the right armor, but for the purposes of releasing a figure set now instead of 3 years from now its close enough. When they eventually make the Mark 8 (repaint of Piston), then there can be a screen accurate setup if you're into that sort of thing. Mark 8 needs Centurion abs and Striker thighs so its not as simple as a head switch.

aMlVzbt.jpg

0aL2LmI.jpg

EpEy11L.png

n1opy0b.png

Pepper is way too much. I and others had problems with the price of Sideshow's Baroness. It wasn't Hot Toys quality but it still came with a lot. This Pepper figure should cost at most what Baroness cost. Still depending on how the final version turns out I might get Pepper. Perhaps someone here will mod her into the final Iron Man 3 scene.

Pepper is way too much. I and others had problems with the price of Sideshow's Baroness. It wasn't Hot Toys quality but it still came with a lot. This Pepper figure should cost at most what Baroness cost. Still depending on how the final version turns out I might get Pepper. Perhaps someone here will mod her into the final Iron Man 3 scene.

I doubt a mod will be necessary, she comes with the Iron Man arm and you can't use it with that white shirt on. I'm guessing whatever non standard version of the body they will be using isn't ready yet, so they have a placeholder silhouette in the product images just like when they have an unfinished headscuplt they don't want to reveal yet.

I like it she has a black top/bra under her shirt, great for Extremis poses.

The more I think about it I think I'll just get the Pepper figure. The Mark IX is cool but not really a unique enough armor that I really need it. I think I'd rather get the Mark III, XLIII, or XLV if I decide to get a red and gold armor as those seem more definitive. I wouldn't mind having the Mark XLII helmet with the Pepper sculpt but really I wouldn't display my figure that way anyways.

This. It's still one of Tony's HPP suits. In fact it is literally cast from parts of other suits...

Technically, other then the Mark 7 parts, other suits are cast from this one

Put just the Pepper figure on flexpay and used up the rest of my reward points. Already have the third-party Iron Man Pepper head and the thir party pepper figure, so I should be able to combine everything to make different versions.

Could this be the year of the female hot toys figures?

Boy you're gonna be pissed when this sells for 30% off and double rewards during the 2016 Spooktacular

Isn't the IX just a Python in classic Iron Man colors?
It is but I wouldn't call it definitive since it didn't get much screen time. I'm only interested in a few of the House Party Protocol armors (Heartbreaker, Silver Centurion, and Shotgun), mostly because they're unique.

so glad im not collecting HPP...going to wait this one out as well...i like it but i don't $440 like it..rather get two different characters for that much...

Tell you what, if I had no interest in Potts and just wanted the IM suit I'd be pissed that HT was roping people into buying a $440 set to get it. That sucks isn't available separately.

I agree...my decision would be much easier if I could just get the armor, I'd definitely just buy that alone.

I agree - I can see adding incentives to buy 2 packs but each figure should be available individually like Rocket and Groot were offered.

It really was kind of a **** move by HT to make the Mark 9 available only in the set with Pepper. Wise from a business standpoint, sure. But from our standpoint, it's a **** move.

And that's precisely how I felt about the Steve Rogers figure, probably how Batman fans felt about the TDKR Jim Gordon (or Batman Returns Bruce Wayne or TDK Alfred or TDK Bruce...), or how Robocop fans felt about the Alex Murphy figure. It's not the first time this has happened before, and it won't be the last. Rocket and Groot were the exception to the two-pack pattern (in recent memory).

Are we really arguing whether or not GP is toned or not? :lol She's an ordinarily slender woman who got a little more cut and defined for IM3.

I wasn't. I wasn't even talking about her. Paltrow looks great.

I was just addressing a comment about Gal, that Gal was super tiny and thin. Having worked with her for an extended time I know she took a lot of pride in how she toned up (those where her words in fact) for the role. She heard all the comments when she was cast and she wanted to prove she could pull off WW. And from what I Saw, she did. And it's not about being a woman or man. Henry takes about the same thing. Al the gym time to get the right look. Hugh Jackman did as well. Hugh hated it. Going from Les Mis to The wolverine he gained like 70lbs. And he's not exactly a teenager. I just wanted to acknowledge Gal the same I would any other actor that changed their body for a role. It's not easy.

Back