Action Figure Hot Toys Iron Man 3 1/6th scale Pepper Potts & Mark IX Collectible Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same as Robo/Murphy as expected.

Single price for Pepper is too much though. SSC is scraping as many dollars as they can out of collectors by adding an extra $5 on this one, making it more than all the other female characters in this line.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WOW!
$224.99 for that ?
Where do they get the price for an extra arm, 6 hands and a little folded piece of paper?

Agreed - that's ridiculous. I was tempted to get Pepper, but not at that price. With 9 figures on order already & plans to add Drax, Quicksilver and Yellow Jacket to the list, this is an easy pass. I may look into buying the head sculpt down the road and doing a kit bash....

Ugh. I want Pepper, but that just feels like $30-$40 too much for her. I'd love the extra helmets, but I don't really want that suit. I guess I could get the set and try to sell the armor.

Just wait until the two pack gets parted out. I bet you could get her on ebay for $180-$190ish on the secondary market after it's all said and done.

There are benefits to these 2 pack "value" sets like Stealth Suit Cap/Rogers, Returns Batman/Wayne, Robo/Murph, Armory Alfred/Bruce, etc. There's always a good chance of getting a figure pretty cheap once the demand dies down.

As much as I wanted a Pepper Potts figure, there's no way I could purchase this now. Too many other figures take priority. This is one of those that I'll add to the "if it's available a year from now at a discount I'll get it" list. Just bad timing for me

Honestly, the single set for Pepper sort of scared me of ordering for now. I'll wait til some sort of discount next year.

If they went seamless they'd probably get complaints considering people had issues with the Gamora figure.

I wonder if this will be like those other 2 packs from RoboCop and TDKR that just stay in stock for ages and end up with a 30% discount later on?

Can you imagine how big that head would look if they showed it on a body sporting a tank top? :thud:

I can.

lollipop.jpg

Do women have much smaller heads than men? I actually have never really noticed in real life, but with SW and Pepper they do seem larger than they should.

Hot Toys really needs to think about redoing their standard female body. The waists are too thin, the arms are much too thin, and the legs are too long. I wonder if anyone has ever done a comparison between a Hot Toys female body and an actual female who has what would be considered a reasonably athletic body? If you took a picture of the Hot Toys body and stuck it next to a picture of the real woman at sixth scale I'd bet the Hot Toys body would look incredibly distorted.

If Hot Toys' female body can't look good unless a uniform is covering up its issues then its time for a new body.

As for Pepper, I'm thinking I'll eventually find the headsculpt on ebay (assuming Hot Toys improves the headsculpt a bit) and then put it on a Phicen body--assuming Phicen makes a female body that doesn't have silly watermelon sized breasts.

Hot Toys really needs to think about redoing their standard female body. The waists are too thin, the arms are much too thin, and the legs are too long. I wonder if anyone has ever done a comparison between a Hot Toys female body and an actual female who has what would be considered a reasonably athletic body? If you took a picture of the Hot Toys body and stuck it next to a picture of the real woman at sixth scale I'd bet the Hot Toys body would look incredibly distorted.

If Hot Toys' female body can't look good unless a uniform is covering up its issues then its time for a new body.

As for Pepper, I'm thinking I'll eventually find the headsculpt on ebay (assuming Hot Toys improves the headsculpt a bit) and then put it on a Phicen body--assuming Phicen makes a female body that doesn't have silly watermelon sized breasts.
Phicen has new female bodies coming out that look awesome, check the General Discussion board they're on page 1.

:lol People go through this every time. The price is about expected in my opinion. More than I want to pay so I think I'll chance it and see if it gets discounted eventually. Either that or I'll just get Pepper only when she's coupon eligible.

Back